Post-Game Talk: Tippett sucks

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
One thing thats abundently clear; no matter who we bring in on the blueline, we always have chinsy unclean breakouts. We always are doing the rim around the boards and being cute as f*** at the blueline.

I dont understand though... Its not the players, they've all been rotated out. its not the Coaches... there has been like 30 of them. Not the GM, been like 6 of those. Maybe it is the god damned water.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Like...that was probably the 2nd best game we played all season. The score wasn't indicative of the effort. Play like that most nights and I won't be upset, even with a loss.

I agree that they played a better 5v5 game but wtf happened to the special teams?

PP and PK need to be fixed yesterday

Reactions: FanofBadHockeyTeam

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Good effort at least tonight. Hard to be overly mad at that game. Just sucks b/c we are 2-4 because we havent played that well this season. Least some positive signs. Need to win some games against Winnipeg/Ottawa.

Their PP got some goals. Our PP sucks.
Our bottom 6 sucks. Turris in particular is so disappointing.
Lines just have no chemistry.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If Tippett doesn’t change the lines the season will be lost. These lines clearly aren’t working.

Larsson out Bouchard in
Kassian out Haas in.
I liked the lines at the end.

Ennis-Turris-Kassian
Neal-Shore-Archibald

Solid bottom 6.

I would still put Yama on McD line and Pulju with Drai-Kahun.

Also, Bouchard in for Larsson

Reactions: McTonyBrar

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
My thoughts down by one with 7 min left you throw out the DRY line followed by Neal McDavid and PUju for two rotations what do you have to lose?

Instead he deploys two lines with no chemistry all game and we lose anyway. Newsflash coach we need a win badly throw us a bone here!

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Goal against 1: Devin Shore can't clear, bad bounce
Goal against 2: Blown defensive assignments, Larsson in no man's land
Goal against 3: Shore takes a bad penalty after Russell gets walked

Your depth matters and it can't be bad especially if no one can score outside the big 4.

I am very worried about Turris, he is standing around out there.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
IEsR8O_d8vWZhAA97MJMsM1zG54g2oK-a4Jqq3qF8iC5w--tmzfJHV1vxsEbLrNH1IDEWuAgSUCRjuRHZJP1dCuOm_FMbh4LvdH4aH_Ldgo3U1H3_D1PkeAOj7Pnl8IQNtaDYtl8JuW8OBNTIBKoafwYRHGGj47D8ug

Apathetic after the 6th game.

At least I have Brady's Bucs to look forward to.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Criticize Tippet all you want. He deserves plenty of it.

But Holland has put together a bottom 6 that has not contributed a single 5v5 goal for in 6 games. This team has one goal this season without one of McDavid or Draisasitl on the ice and it was a shorthanded goal in garbage time in a game that was already lost.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I agree that they played a better 5v5 game but wtf happened to the special teams?

PP and PK need to be fixed yesterday

I'm not too sure what happened since the player personnel and coaching staff are relatively the same as last season on special teams.

Reactions: Oilhawks

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Classic Oilers loss where the opposing team doesn't have their best player.

The only guarantee with this team is that Yamo will play hard.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
As I predicted we paid for not being able to finish the countless opportunities we had in the 1st.

Then both Shore and Larsson decided to play for the Leafs.

Feel bad for Kosko, he tried and kept us in it.

On to the next. 50 games remain and we have to win 30 of them as a minimum.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
One thing thats abundently clear; no matter who we bring in on the blueline, we always have chinsy unclean breakouts. We always are doing the rim around the boards and being cute as f*** at the blueline.

I dont understand though... Its not the players, they've all been rotated out. its not the Coaches... there has been like 30 of them. Not the GM, been like 6 of those. Maybe it is the god damned water.

It's the players. This team hasn't had a PMD since Pitkanen.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Boneheaded play by Larsson stands out to me. Soft plays one night, soft goals against another night. Soft, soft, soft.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Criticize Tippet all you want. He deserves plenty of it.

But Holland has put together a bottom 6 that has not contributed a single 5v5 goal for in 6 games. This team has one goal this season without one of McDavid or Draisasitl on the ice and it was a shorthanded goal in garbage time in a game that was already lost.
Holland also hired Tippett. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad