Speculation: Tinordi's next season

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Tinordi is going to be a stud for us in a few years. I was high on the pick 3 years ago, and I'm even higher on JT now. His game has gotten so much better.

I'd use him in a bottom pairing role to start the season and ease him into the Top 4 if he proves capable(it is still really early).

There is no doubt in my mind he deserves more ice time than a Bouillon or Drewiskie.

Maelpj*

Working out with Subban won't magically give him his genetics. Suban has the genes of a freaking tiger or something...

Anyone starting with such a relatively skinny frame can pack on 10 pound of muscle over 3-4 month. Let's hope he already started hitting those weight and downing those MassGainer. I hope he ain't following Subban diet too, ( which exclude carbs), the dude seems like a major ecto, carbs are definitively not the enemy for him.

SQUAT and MILK son

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Sadly, I think he makes Gorges expendable by season's end. While Emelin's stock is rising, there will be more demand for Gorges on the market and Tinordi will take a top 4 spot from somebody. I just hope we make a solid pick up for whoever we get rid of IF we get rid of anyone. Can't ever have too many defensemen. However if we get a decent return if Gorges is traded (multiple picks or high-stock prospect), Craig Rivet will go down as one of our best assets we ever managed imho.

Gorges didn't have his best season last year but giving up on him would be a mistake. In the future we have the potential to have three puck moving defencemen in Subban, Markov and Beaulieu while having three zone ready defencemen to cover them in Gorges, Emelin and Tinordi. Tinordi and Beaulieu's ELC contracts will counteract the money Subban and Markov make while Gorges and Emelin will make around the $4M mark. This allows our other defensive prospects like Ellis, Thrower, Bennett, Dietz and others to be battling for who eventually makes the team when Markov retires. Gorges is a very reliable defensive presence. Sometimes that's more important than the flash of potential. Let the prospects develop in the AHL.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Working out with Subban won't magically give him his genetics. Suban has the genes of a freaking tiger or something...

Like this man??

sheen-tiger-blood-2.jpg

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Trading Gorges would be down right Pejorative Slured. He's the second best defenseman in his own zone on our club behind a Norris winner.

Gorges was dynamite for years in his role. He looked stellar next to Subban in 11-12.

Tinordi will eventually shift Gorges down the depth chart, which isn't a slight on Gorges but simply makes us a better team.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin
????-Tinordi

This is the problem. Tinordi will grow into Gorges role and relegate gorges to bottom pairing, which will be great depth.. but we need an actual good D to pair with Tinner on the bottom. Not Diaz or the worst half of Dandouillon.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin
????-Tinordi

This is the problem. Tinordi will grow into Gorges role and relegate gorges to bottom pairing, which will be great depth.. but we need an actual good D to pair with Tinner on the bottom. Not Diaz or the worst half of Dandouillon.

He has experience playing with Beaulieu. If Beaulieu doesn't become the player he has every bit of ability to become, I really like how Mac Bennett has been developing (hopefully HF realizes his potential has risen). Morgan Ellis and Darren Dietz are also coming through well. Don't forget Thrower either, that guy is all heart.

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin
????-Tinordi

My hope is that by the 14-15 season we can have a Beaulieu-Gorges bottom pair, I think it would be a well balanced pair and it gives NB a solid vet partner who can back him up.

We desperately need another Top-4 shutdown type. This why the Bouillon and Drewiskie extensions boggle my mind so much, Tinordi is NHL ready. What we need is an upgrade on the fringe guys we already have.

I wouldn't mind a Coburn. Depends on the price though.

Maelpj*

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin
????-Tinordi

That's when Drewiski comes in.. Solid aquisition by Bergevin:help:

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
That's when Drewiski comes in.. Solid aquisition by Bergevin:help:

Drewskie was signed because he can be benched for a whole season and he won't complain and will always be game ready to give a solid game. He won't put up goals or play perfect but he's going to give you injury depth. Bouillon was "awarded" a contract for playing well enough but he's clearly Therrien's pet so if you want to look down on anyone, look down on that. Drewskie makes perfect sense. I'd rather be sending Beaulieu or Tinordi down if they are not ready than scratching them. Drewskie will accept a scratch no problem. He knows his value.

Maelpj*

Drewskie was signed because he can be benched for a whole season and he won't complain and will always be game ready to give a solid game. He won't put up goals or play perfect but he's going to give you injury depth. Bouillon was "awarded" a contract for playing well enough but he's clearly Therrien's pet so if you want to look down on anyone, look down on that. Drewskie makes perfect sense. I'd rather be sending Beaulieu or Tinordi down if they are not ready than scratching them. Drewskie will accept a scratch no problem. He knows his value.

That was sarcasm.. but Thanks for clarifying. I sincerely tought Drewskie was brought him to play first pairing duties:shakehead

And I don't see reason to look down on Bouillon, for all the bashing he get. The same depth argument could be made for him. Workhard, is a bull physically, leadership and won't complain when benched.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
And I don't see reason to look down on Bouillon, for all the bashing he get. The same depth argument could be made for him. Workhard, is a bull physically, leadership and won't complain when benched.

I have no issue with Cube the player. I have issue with giving the coach players he's going to be inclined to play against better judgment. That's why at first we got Armstrong working more penalty kills than Moen and Bouillon initially working more penalty kills than Subban.

Maelpj*

I have no issue with Cube the player. I have issue with giving the coach players he's going to be inclined to play against better judgment. That's why at first we got Armstrong working more penalty kills than Moen and Bouillon initially working more penalty kills than Subban.

MT might not be THAT biased. He ain't perfect, but I bet he wants to win after all. The non-signing of Armstrong reassured me on this. He probably didn't put too much pressure on MB to keep his boy toy.

I get the feeling that for whatever reason, MT doesn't fully trust Subban, or simply doesn't want to give him too much responsabilities too soon , as absurd as it might sounds (we are talking about a Norris winner after all). And he probably see Bouillon as a solid vet who is going to make few mistake. Francis averaged less than 20 minutes of ice time per game at the end of the season, so it's not like Therrien use him as a top 4 guy. Subban was getting more PK time at the end to, before bouillon, i'm sure it's gonna keep being like that next year ( well, i hope so)

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
This is how I see the season starting:

Markov - Subban
Gorges - Diaz
Tinordi - Bouillon
Drewiske

And **** that is scary :pullhair:

PunkinDrublic*

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin
????-Tinordi

Been a while since we agreed. Bit just slip in Beaulieu with Tinordi.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
From what I understand he played at 218lbs last year, and has put on a decent amount of muscle since then already. He'll probably be around if not over 230lbs by training camp.

Quite right Hogtown Habs fan and people should be aware that Diaz looks to be the defenceman, that will take Markov's place eventually as the little general. Beaulieu will either step up into the top four (most likely) and Bennett and Pateryn may be filling out the defence corps with Gorges in years to come. That will be a prestigious defence corps rivaling some of the Habs best from the past. At least that appears to be their direction at this point.:handclap:

With Stephen Waite as the goalie's coach Price and Fucale will be a Dynamic Duo in nets. With Pacioretty, the two Gally's, Plekanec, Andrighetto, Eller, McCarron, Colberg and Thomas leading the charge on offence. A solid group of veteran 3rd and 4th liners led by Prust, Bournival, Leblanc, Naatinen, Hudon, De la Rose and Bozon filling out the Habs. The Habs should be deep in scoring power along with defenders, which is the sign of a Stanley Cup team.

Seems like a very solid team on paper it all depends on their progress. With Lapointe, Brisebois and a veritable troop of saavy front office people to make sure every player reaches their optimum. The future does indeed look bright, hopefully a few gems like Crisp and Holland break into that lineup also.:nod::nod: Not to forget Lekhonen the sweet Finnish centermen with the slick hands.:handclap:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad