Value of: Timo Meier to Chicago

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm not arguing for reasons to keep him, but saying he is worth the third overall pick + is just absurd.

Even more absurd to the poster claiming nobody after no 2 OA will produce what Meier has already become especially since 30 goals and 66 pts is nothing special

It's good, not great production. Someone like turcotte or cozens could easily have a solid rookie year at hit close to that or surpass it. Meier didn't even hit 40 pts in his first full season.

I'd be shocked if turcotte or cozens doesn't easily hit 40+ pts in their rookie seasons

To the Sharks, he is worth more than the 3rd overall pick. You don't have to agree with that in a vacuum and you don't have to like it but it's the reality of the situation. You've essentially put yourself in a position to defend the idea that all Meier is moving forward is a 30 goal and 66 point player when anyone who watches him knows his value is more on top of that production and the understanding that he likely will improve noticeably in multiple facets. Meier can achieve what you view as great production and it's not likely anyone from this draft class at 3rd overall and past will achieve those numbers. That's just the reality of the situation.

Meier is a core piece to the Sharks on a team that will be transitioning a little more in the next couple years to their younger players. I don't like the odds anyone at 3rd overall can replicate that importance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad