GDT: Time To Take Out The Trash. Canes vs Preds

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Here’s what new Hurricanes defenseman Jani Hakanpaa brings to the team

BY CHIP ALEXANDER
APRIL 14, 2021 03:22 PM,

“Everything happened real quick,” Hakanpaa said on a Wednesday media call.
The Canes traded defenseman Haydn Fleury, who was popular with his teammates, for Hakanpaa and a 2022 draft pick. He gives the Canes another right-shot D-man, which they wanted to balance the D pairings, but also a rugged stay-at-home type who can be a body-banger, much like defenseman Joel Edmundson was for Carolina last season.
“I think I’ll bring the tenacity of playing hard and being hard to play against out there,” Hakanpaa said. “Be really solid on the back end, get that physicality up. That’s what I’ve been trying to do and expect of myself in games.”
Brind’Amour expects it, too. Hakanpaa has 168 hits in 42 games this season, second among NHL defensemen. That’s a big part of what he does.
“I want him to play the way he plays,” Brind’Amour said Wednesday. “We got him here because of that. We don’t need him to do anything differently. We know what he’s about.
https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/nhl/carolina-hurricanes/article250668914.html

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Being in a military family, I suggest we all keep those who currently serve, or who have served our country in their thoughts and prayers.

Then go out and kick some butt. Losing sucks.

Don't want to sound dumb but is this a random "Lets go military" comment or is it a day I'm supposed to remember? I'm a vet but can't think of a day in April that means anything

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Forwards
Svechnikov-Aho-Fast
Martinook-Trocheck-Necas
Niederreiter-Staal-Foegele
Paquette-Lorentz-Geekie
Defensemen
Slavin-Hamilton
Skjei-Pesce
Bean-Hakanpaa
Goalies
Mrazek
Nedeljkovic
Scratch: Reimer
Injury: McGinn (upper body), Teravainen (concussion symptoms; injured reserve)
Taxi squad: Gardiner, McCormick, Ryan, Shore

Sorry Nino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad