Time to sign Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Bournival, Beaulieu and Tinordi.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
So all these guys are going to be RFA in 2015.

Should we try to sign some of them now?

I know that this is used for more important contracts.
I guess Bournival, Beaulieu and Tinordi do not fit in that scheme.

But question is pertinent for Gallagher and Galchenyuk.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
All are going to get 2 year bridge deals, not sure for how much. Maybe the Gally's get deals at the end of the summer, but no way Tinordi or Beaulieu are getting deals before next offseason.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
We haven't seen much from them (Tinordi and Beaulieu). We need to see them a lot more to know what they are really worth because currently they haven't played many games with the CH.

Both have played 53 games combined during the last two seasons...

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

They are all RFA's next season, taking an extra season makes their contracts based on production, keeping everyone happy in the end. Imagine Galchenyuk scoring 50 goals and 50 assists, he would want an increase just more work in the long run. Like PK Subban the end will justify the bridge contract, he will sign the contract of his life this summer, as will all these players in due time.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
No. Let them play the season and take it from there.

The nice part is that Chucky will probably have a smaller cap hit than he does now. Barring some extraordinary circumstances, they'll get acceptable bridge deals at a small cap hit and our window will continue for another couple of years with young, cheap talent on the team.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
This only happens if it's a long term deal otherwise it makes little sense to do it now.

So only the Gally's are even a consideration. Both will be UFA in 4 years after their ELC's expire so at a minimum we are talking 5-6 year deals at what I assume would have to be 4m+ deals. At that price I'd be tempted but wouldn't want to commit bigger money then that. I'm not sure either player would really want to make that commitment now either much like Price wanted a short deal so that he could command a bigger long term deal.

Analyzer*

Not Bournival. Should wait and see how he does this year.

Could easily be traded.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

As of now,

Bournival 2 years 1M AAV

Beaulieu 2 years 1.3 M AAV

Tinordi 2 years 1.15 M AAV

Gallagher 2 years 2,5 M AAV

Galchenyuk 2 years 3 M AAV

I predict I'll get blasted.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
What are you going to use for funds to do that? After PK signs, there's not much left in cap space. Can't do many changes for this year.

You'd have to do them for next year forward but don't know what the new cap will be or who is good or who is a bust from this year's contracts.

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
That would be surprising...hes making 3,225 this season. It would be surprising to see a decrease in salary.

i see something more like 4years at 4M per year.

Well, his contract has 2.3 m/year in bonuses, which may or may not be attained. Now we're talking a direct 3M to the bank.

As for the term, I kinda want a shorter contract so the next one can gobble up some UFA years. I believe a 4 year contract would lead him to UFA, no? (7 years in the league). I'd do a 2-3 year deal.

What are you going to use for funds to do that? After PK signs, there's not much left in cap space.

Extension don't have an effect on the current cap. It's gonna be the 2015-2016 cap that will be affected.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
That would be surprising...hes making 3,225 this season. It would be surprising to see a decrease in salary.

i see something more like 4years at 4M per year.

The great majority of his salary is in the form of bonuses. Not sure how much he's actually collected.

Analyzer*

What are you going to use for funds to do that? After PK signs, there's not much left in cap space.

Cap will likely go up, contracts come off the books. The new contracts won't kick in until the next season.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Il predict and say Galchenyuk will have a similar break out season like Ryan Johansen but not quite as many points and will sign a long term deal in the off season. 5+ years

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
As of now,

Bournival 2 years 1M AAV

Beaulieu 2 years 1.3 M AAV

Tinordi 2 years 1.15 M AAV

Gallagher 2 years 2,5 M AAV

Galchenyuk 2 years 3 M AAV

I predict I'll get blasted.

...just tweak the Gallagher and Galchenyuk's numbers to reflect their actual contribution.
But then again, that would mean a slight decrease for Galchenyuk. What are the possible bonuses anyways?

pine*

We have $19.7 million in cap space next offseason to distribute, but that's without PK signed. And that's with the assumption that the cap will remain at $69 million.

But it won't.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
We have $19.7 million in cap space next offseason to distribute, but that's without PK signed. And that's with the assumption that the cap will remain at $69 million.

But it won't.

$10M of that $19M is going to Subban ... and what if one of the players without a contract turns out better or worse than another during the year.

It might happen mid year but doubtful at the start of the season.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Somebody can tell me, why Galchenyuk have this bonus on his contract?

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Somebody can tell me, why Galchenyuk have this bonus on his contract?

All good prospects will have bonuses in their contracts. Just the way it is.

Also, to the original post, why would these players sign right now? They are better off waiting until next season in case they have a great 2014-2015 season.

InnuJoker

P.K./Price 3x low 5
Feb 25, 2012
Do it Bergevin! Do it! If you don't, we'll start the #FireBergevin twitter trend.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
The players won't sign anyway, it's pointless. No reason to fear anything, just let them play, and pay them based on what they accomplish. No biggie. It's SOP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad