Speculation: Time to part ways with Alex Burrows

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
Sounds like Burrows is safe, at least for now.

‏@JasonPHT

Benning suggests moving Burrows to the second line, with Bonino in the middle and Kassian or Hansen on the other side.

But Benning says it's up to the coach.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
He was still a dominant possession player without the twins last year. Don't see point in trading him while value is low coming off injuries/poor production. If we're moving a middle 6 winger in a package to upgrade, I'd look at Higgins. Had a better season last year, good shot, reasonable contract, and IMO less attached to Vancouver so working around his limited NTC is less of a thing then with Hansen or Burr who came up here.

not sure higgins is less attached to vancity. everytime there was a major announcement, canuckstv did a video and higgy was in all of them. he was always in the gym and shaking hands with the new hires.

girlfriend in town maybe? who knows.

topheavyhookjaw

Sep 7, 2008
not sure higgins is less attached to vancity. everytime there was a major announcement, canuckstv did a video and higgy was in all of them. he was always in the gym and shaking hands with the new hires.

Probably never leaves the gym. You've seen those abs.

Willting*

Girlfriend is a local. :nod:

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013

Yeah you can tell Higgy loves VanCity.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Benning suggests moving Burrows to the second line, with Bonino in the middle and Kassian or Hansen on the other side.

But Benning says it's up to the coach.

Been thinking that all along.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I definitely have some reservations about the idea of Burrows on the 2nd line. He can be a top-6 scorer with the Sedins, but i'm not really convinced he's really a 2nd line player independent of that at this stage in his career at least. But it sounds like we're going to find out one way or the other this year.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
i think benning will try to find a place for burrows to get rid of his ntc. 3 more years? well geez thanks gillis. depends if jensen is ready and takes his spot at training camp.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I was thinking about this, and while it wouldn't surprise me if Benning wasn't a Burrows fan, it also wouldn't surprise me that as an outsider Benning also has no reason to believe Burrows isn't a legitimate top six forward and will be able to produce outside the Sedins.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I was thinking about this, and while it wouldn't surprise me if Benning wasn't a Burrows fan, it also wouldn't surprise me that as an outsider Benning also has no reason to believe Burrows isn't a legitimate top six forward and will be able to produce outside the Sedins.

Concerning if that's the case.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I'd like to keep him just in case Vrbata doesn't work out with the Sedins. Maybe Vrbata rejuvenates the Sedins and then goes cold, but the Sedins keep up their confidence. Let Burr jump up their every once in awhile and see if they can all catch fire again. :handclap:

i wouldn't mind a burrows trade though. I still think the refs hate his guts for the auger incident.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Keep Burrows he was snake bitten last year he's most likely to bounce back that and he's the only puck retriever other than maybe Higgins we might have.

WestleySnipez

Christmas came early
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver. Duh.
I would trade Jensen, Burrows and/or Hansen for a bonafide prospect.

Jensen is a bonafied prospect. He'll most likely end up being a solid second liner. I don't want to see Jensen traded like Grabner and Umberger were, before they were developed and actually ready to play. Burrows should stay with the club, I couldn't bare to see both Kesler and Burrows gone in one season, especially with their stats affected by injuries.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
re: off-season roster moves

Jason Botchford ‏@botchford

@JoshSouthcombe benning said yes, done

that makes it a bit more concrete. thank goodness

Chubros

Dec 9, 2011
Sounds like Burrows is safe, at least for now.

I'm happy to hear that.

I think people are overlooking how important a guy Burrows is in the room. He and Bieksa are the kind of guys you want around when the younger players are breaking into the team.

Not to mention that despite the horrible luck with injuries and incredible run of bad luck, Burrows actually still played well last year. Away from the puck he was doing all the right things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad