Post-Game Talk: Time to panic? Blues coast over Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
did you guys know that the reason we've lost the last 3 games is because Hyman is on Matthews wing?

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
the two losses before tonight... to keep things in perspective.

philly-tor game both teams were sloppy and philly sneaks out a win with a late goal
dallas-tor game dallas comes out flying and andersen catches some tough breaks... they put up some resistance though and end up outshooting them two to one.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Anyone find this a little weird? Babcock endlessly talking about people being a good person?

I was totally shocked to discover that Babcock swears up a storm from behind the bench.

Kids and people behind the bench can hear every word. Kids?

And he talks about good people?

Hate to say it, but upon discovering that, I lost a lot of respect for this guy.

And his stubbornness with the lines reminds me of Burke and his stubbornness on certain issues.

Playing the fourth line when we are down? That is sort of insane.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Slumps happen .. The team's compete level isn't where it needs to be, like it has been all season long so far. I just hope it's not the team hitting a rookie wall. The vets are not reliable to carry the team through it.

LOL, yeah, we got some incompetent vets on this team...like what the heck was Polak doing on that halfa55 clearing attempt that led to the 2nd goal tonight? He should either have kept the puck at his skates or hard around the boards to the other side...but instead he gave a nice pass to the Blues' player who then centred it to Stastny.

HarrisonFord

Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Did you know they've been the worst line in those games (spoiler: its not because of matthews)?

I don't disagree (except for when Marner was put on that line), but then the rest of the lines took a hit and produced not much of anything. Marner needs to be on the line he's on because he drives the offense there

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
i'm panicking tonight. large. don't think i'll get much sleep.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Slumps happen .. The team's compete level isn't where it needs to be, like it has been all season long so far. I just hope it's not the team hitting a rookie wall. The vets are not reliable to carry the team through it.

That should be the concern
Form fluctuates but if our rookies hit a wall were ******

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Anyone find this a little weird? Babcock endlessly talking about people being a good person?

I was totally shocked to discover that Babcock swears up a storm from behind the bench.

Hate to say it, but upon discovering that, I lost a lot of respect for this guy.

And his stubbornness with the lines reminds me of Burke and his stubbornness on certain issues.

Almost everyone swears in hockey...coaches, players, etc....just because he swears behind the bench doesn't mean he is swearing at his players.

HarrisonFord

Jul 20, 2011
Toronto

giphy.gif

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
I don't think everyone swears behind the bench, on the ice yeah, but most coaches do not swear like troopers apart from Boudreau.

And mods please? Good lord. Wow.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Toronto is definitely going to be a team that contends in the near future. Loads of young talent there. This game is different if Matthews scores the wide open look he got.

What was Toronto fans' takeaway from Parayko? Is it somewhat easy to see with Parayko & Pietrangelo why Shattenkirk is the odd man out?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
LOL, yeah, we got some incompetent vets on this team...like what the heck was Polak doing on that halfa55 clearing attempt that led to the 2nd goal tonight? He should either have kept the puck at his skates or hard around the boards to the other side...but instead he gave a nice pass to the Blues' player who then centred it to Stastny.

They showed the replay that Polak had no support on the one side and he didn't have a lot of time to get a lot of strength on his backhand to push it to the other side as he got pressured and coughed up the puck ... Matthews got caught standing still and not pressuring the Blues player passing it to Statsny, and Maricincin was caught puck watching and not looking for Statsny in front.

Generally speaking this team needs a better vet than Bozak, and someone who puts more effort in than JVR

Trading Bozak would be a good message to the kids that if you're not going to compete, you're not going to be on this team.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Toronto is definitely going to be a team that contends in the near future. Loads of young talent there. This game is different if Matthews scores the wide open look he got.

What was Toronto fans' takeaway from Parayko? Is it somewhat easy to see with Parayko & Pietrangelo why Shattenkirk is the odd man out?

Parayko is such a beast. He's going to win a norris one day.

Your team still looks like it can contend with good goaltending, but I guess losing Shattenkirk for nothing to FA would suck.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Parayko is a damn beast ... Definitely makes Shatty expendable

Too bad you guys saw the reason why we wanted to get rid of Bozak tonight - he was awful and ha a poor effort

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I don't think everyone swears behind the bench, on the ice yeah, but most coaches do not swear like troopers apart from Boudreau.

And mods please? Good lord. Wow.

Many people swear in general...the young and the old...and especially in professional sports. You're making a big deal out of nothing. And yes, he played the 4th line more when the game is out of reach because he still needs to think about the next game.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009

Parayko was a beast, loved his game so much. His mobility/skating is way better then I remember or thought it was.

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
Many people swear in general...the young and the old...and especially in professional sports. You're making a big deal out of nothing. And yes, he played the 4th line more when the game is out of reach because he still needs to think about the next game.

There's a group of kids that horse around a stone's throw away from my window... the stuff that comes out of their mouths. :laugh:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

you guys have a quite a steal in Parayko. I think he will be better than Shattenkirk

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
They showed the replay that Polak had no support on the one side and he didn't have a lot of time to get a lot of strength on his backhand to push it to the other side as he got pressured and coughed up the puck ... Matthews got caught standing still and not pressuring the Blues player passing it to Statsny, and Maricincin was caught puck watching and not looking for Statsny in front.

Generally speaking this team needs a better vet than Bozak, and someone who puts more effort in than JVR

Trading Bozak would be a good message to the kids that if you're not going to compete, you're not going to be on this team.

I think a smarter and more competent dman would have kept the puck at his feet while sensing the pressure and assessing the situation...a weak backhand into no man's land behind the net to be picked up by an opposing player wasn't the right play...alas that's Polak we're talking about, thus our yearning for another top 4 defender.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Although I am all for trading bozak and jvr i always wondered whether a threat of a trade to kids matters....

if nhl player has a family established then it might be a threat for this player but as kids you make your $$$$ either with this team or the other.... where is the threat?

IMO ideally you want good vets who can pass on good habits to the kids like: eat right, sleep right, train right, put effort every shift, have a "never say die" attitude, respect, courage, team spirit etc......

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Nice guys finish last. That's a long way to go this year but ready to free fall because too many players playing afraid. Add some nastiness and size, on forward and D. Sit the softies.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Honestly can't stand anybody on our d-core outside of Rielly, Gardiner, Zaitzev -- cannot wait until we get competent defenseman who are able to hand the puck and pass at the same time.

Top Chedz

Jan 26, 2017
All I can say is I'd be extremely disappointed if I paid money to see either one of the past 2 games in Toronto. Couldn't pay me to sit through either of them for free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad