Proposal: Time to give Ceci a Taste of the Bigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Would prefer Chris Wideman, considering how terrible our blueline is right now, throwing Ceci into the fire this early on would not help his development imo.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Can't hurt him or the team any... might help out first PP, he and Karlsson. Maybe only for a few games -- what is the harm?

can't hurt the team, but can definitely hurt him. He has a good thing going in bingo let him ride out his first season of pro their.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Can't hurt him or the team any... might help out first PP, he and Karlsson. Maybe only for a few games -- what is the harm?

Of course it can hurt him. Young players being thrown into the fire before they're ready can be a recipe for disaster, it happens all the time.

sauce11

Apr 8, 2010
i want to see him play, but at the same time, i can't think of a worse environment for him to get his first taste of the NHL

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Some of you wanting Cody's call up obviously haven't watched him play a single game this season for Bingo. Why on earth does anyone think he would turn into positive chip for the Ottawa Senators at this stage?

Ottawa has put a lot of resources into Ceci's development and won't let it go to waste unlike other players before. He's a solid prospect that needs to continue his growth in the AHL and he might get a sniff sometime in the middle of next season.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Of course it can hurt him. Young players being thrown into the fire before they're ready can be a recipe for disaster, it happens all the time.

I am noticing a lot of this... I am not saying keep Ceci here full-time, but the kid is playing well enough that he deserves a little look. How can that possibly hurt him, or our PP.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Ceci wont be any better the Wiecioch.

THIS. And anyone expecting the org to not take the same amount of time developing him as they did developing Wiercoch will be disappointed.

He's 2 to 3 years away from playing in the bigs. Please keep him away from a team playing with no confidence.

Gothenburg 40*

If the team is losing the way they are I say send him up for a few games. I can't see how him playing for a team with no confidence (like Karlsson did in his rookie season) could possibly hinder his development... especially if he is playing well enough in the AHL to deserve it. In my opinion there is nothing worse than not giving a guy a chance to show what he's got if he's earned it. Not doing that, to me, is a bigger risk (of making him resent the team). Just a thought. Truth is sometimes players just play better in the NHL than they do in the AHL (Duncan Keith, Wiercioch last year, etc). Just look at Pageau's regular season AHL stats last year and compare them with his NHL playoff stats.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
If we're out of the playoff race in the new year I would bring him up for some games. No pressure and a great way to gauge his game against the NHL competition & see where he needs to improve. Not really ideal to throw him on a struggling team desperate to get back into the playoff race.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wait until next year. He may or may not be better than what we currently have, but like most prospects he will still benefit more from being in a position where he can play between 20 and 30 minutes a night learning the ins and outs of the pro game while also having the opportunity to dominate and really carry the play.

In the NHL he would be sheltered, playing on a bad team with questionable goaltending and effort level. He's much better off in Bingo right now (I also think that Zibanejad would be, too, playing on the top line).

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Some of you have no idea how valuable a good farm team actually is, or if you do, you don't understand how it works.

This is a terrible idea. The point is to let your younger players develop and foster a winning attitude. Every so often you draft a player like Ziba or Karlsson and they can be an impact player at a young age and jump this development process. Just because a player is a first round pick doesn't mean they automatically get an NHL game their first pro year.

I think some of the fans on this forum should have to do a few years in the minors before graduating to watch the big club. It might do them so good to understand how the system works.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
for the teams sake id love to see him here.....for his sake leave him where he is and call up wideman or claeson.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Some of you have no idea how valuable a good farm team actually is, or if you do, you don't understand how it works.

This is a terrible idea. The point is to let your younger players develop and foster a winning attitude. Every so often you draft a player like Ziba or Karlsson and they can be an impact player at a young age and jump this development process. Just because a player is a first round pick doesn't mean they automatically get an NHL game their first pro year.

I think some of the fans on this forum should have to do a few years in the minors before graduating to watch the big club. It might do them so good to understand how the system works.

I am in agreement with you. The kid is one-year removed from junior hockey. Let him develop. People are reacting to our abysmal defensive situation and I can understand why fans are quick to "fix" the issue right away but that would be unwise. Perhaps next year he plays the odd game or two but why run the chance that this my shatter his confidence? I like Ceci from his 67's days but he is not ready...yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad