Time is up for Eriksson-EK

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
All have seen his low personal production, but his relative effect on team's scoring is also abysmal:

B85QHYr.png

Rel GF/60: The player's GF/60 subtracted by the GF/60 of the player's team when the player is not on the ice.

NOTE: It's just one year, I *might* have made errors with the stats and these are not highly accurate stats to begin with in comparing players from different lines, but you can always draw some conclusions.

In short, he has highly negative effect on team scoring. (Could partly be because of his defensive role?)

Thanks for leading into my next post, "Fenton is a failure." Zero Cups since he was hired.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Thanks for leading into my next post, "Fenton is a failure." Zero Cups since he was hired.

I have no problem discussing with opinions only.

If we discuss statistics I prefer that people understand basic on statistics like GF/60, GA/60, relative stats and xSv%, because:

a) you should not compare scoring without normalizing the time
b) you should not just neglect the effect a player has on defense and goals against
c) you should not just neglect the effect a player has on his team mates goals and their goals against
d) you should not compare goalies without taking account the shot quality

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
You are also dealing with a young guy finding his way. The Sedins sucked initially too.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I have to admit the title was pretty harsh.

If it just read something about stats, many wouldn´t have bothered to comment.

Many would not of commented as it is brushed off as a rookie finding his way. He was in the NHL too early, needed to destroy the AHL for a year instead but he played well in his roll. A different title would definetly of sparked a different debate from me at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad