Time is up for Eriksson-EK

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
All have seen his low personal production, but his relative effect on team's scoring is also abysmal:

B85QHYr.png

Rel GF/60: The player's GF/60 subtracted by the GF/60 of the player's team when the player is not on the ice.

NOTE: It's just one year, I *might* have made errors with the stats and these are not highly accurate stats to begin with in comparing players from different lines, but you can always draw some conclusions.

In short, he has highly negative effect on team scoring. (Could partly be because of his defensive role?)

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm not saying he lit the world on fire by any means, but cut the kid some slack. It was his 21 yo, first season on small ice, rookie year. Him having some growing pains were probably inevitable. He probably should have spent a little more time in the AHL last year, but team build/injuries really prevented that from being much of a real option.

He needs to up his o-zone production next season, and be in the 25p-35p range as a 3C (Brodziak/Haula type of numbers). I'm not worried about him unless his play last year is his ceiling as a player. Just having a healthy FWD group and stable linemates should do a lot in raising his stats.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Fun thread. I'd encourage anyone to go to Corsica and look at the raw data and cherry pick from there.

For example: JEE's iCF/60: 12.53, Nino: 12.72, Kyle Rau: 12.73, Granny: 13.02, Parise: 13.32. A few interesting names lower than JEE too!

(League leader was Kyle Clifford.)

Stats!

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Two columns to the right of the one where he's the only player with a more abysmal effect on scoring than Jared Spurgeon, and one to the right of the column where he's got slightly abysmaller defense than Mikko Koivu, could you add a column for deriving meaning from this chart? You can put you at the top, me at second-to-bottom, and JEE below me.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Can we just put stats aside and watch the kid play. What in your eyes is to dislike about his game other than scoring which will come once he is given the opportunity?

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Can we just put stats aside and watch the kid play. What in your eyes is to dislike about his game other than scoring which will come once he is given the opportunity?

Well......to be fair, it doesn't always develop with opportunity but I agree, lets give him a legit chance first.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Fun thread. I'd encourage anyone to go to Corsica and look at the raw data and cherry pick from there.

For example: JEE's iCF/60: 12.53, Nino: 12.72, Kyle Rau: 12.73, Granny: 13.02, Parise: 13.32. A few interesting names lower than JEE too!

Stats!

So, he has a positive effect on shot volume. Unfortunately that tells nothing about the quality of those shots. High corsi and low production only highlight the problem.

Either he is dealing with low quality passes or having very low quality shots.

Reactions: Ippenator

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
So, he has a positive effect on shot volume. Unfortunately that tells nothing about the quality of those shots. High corsi and low production only highlight the problem.

Either he is dealing with low quality passes or having very low quality shots.

Or both? I don't remember him receiving a pass tbh

A rookie with no passing options might hurry a shot on goal. JEE can shoot, we've seen it at other levels. Just needs to work on the speed and also on not overthinking it. No disrespect to Winnik and Foligno but I think adding any of Coyle, Nino, Greenway on his wing will be conducive to higher-quality opportunities for the lad.

Reactions: Aurinko

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'll wait until next summer to worry about him.

I don’t even know if I’ll worry about him then. Maybe the summer after when he’s a seasoned, wiley veteran at 23.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Or both? I don't remember him receiving a pass tbh

A rookie with no passing options might hurry a shot on goal. JEE can shoot, we've seen it at other levels. Just needs to work on the speed and also on not overthinking it. No disrespect to Winnik and Foligno but I think adding any of Coyle, Nino, Greenway on his wing will be conducive to higher-quality opportunities for the lad.

Better linemates will make him produce more, but he still had clearly the worst GA/60 effect of the trio. It's safe to say he took more defensive responsibility than the linemates, so he probably isn't too happy about the situation and his role either.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don’t even know if I’ll worry about him then. Maybe the summer after when he’s a seasoned, wiley veteran at 23.
That's true. I guess "start coming to conclusions" is a better way to put it, though if he goes through all of next season as impotent offensively as he did last season those conclusions won't be great.

Still, I feel pretty good about where he's at right now. I full expect to see him take a step next year.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Stats!
You think something that Kyle Clifford lead the league in, can actually be considered a legitimate statistic?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If he has another year like last year? He won't be around after next summer.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Personally I think his on ice shooting percentage of 5.5% and and individual shooting percentage of 5.5% are totally indicative of his skillset, and not at all a a fluke that normal progression to the mean will likely take care of.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That's true. I guess "start coming to conclusions" is a better way to put it, though if he goes through all of next season as impotent offensively as he did last season those conclusions won't be great.

Still, I feel pretty good about where he's at right now. I full expect to see him take a step next year.

You’re right, if he has another season like last the conclusions won’t be good, but I expect him to take a significant step forward as well.

If he has another year like last year? He won't be around after next summer.

I don’t think I agree. He won’t have any value in a trade if that’s the case, at least not the type you want. You’re better off holding on to him and hoping something clicks the next year, in my opinion.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You’re right, if he has another season like last the conclusions won’t be good, but I expect him to take a significant step forward as well.

I don’t think I agree. He won’t have any value in a trade if that’s the case, at least not the type you want. You’re better off holding on to him and hoping something clicks the next year, in my opinion.
He doesn't have to instantly turn into the top 6 player that everyone is hoping for, but if he plays a full season and is still a below average 4th liner, he will be replaced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad