Time for the Flames to Finally Rebuild

Should the Flames Rebuild?

• Total voters

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I agree the Flyers are one of the worst run organizations, and Hextall was dealt a bad hand, ie. cleaning up someone else's mess, and then they got impatient with him. If you're going to hire a gm to start a rebuild, you should look for one who is good at more than one aspect. Anybody can trade players for picks and sit on their hands.
This can absolutely be f***ed up. See Chayka in Arizona.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Well, he messed up as bad as Hextall, but his first round picks were great.
He messed up far worse. Had to forfeit a first-round pick, spent another first on a rental Taylor Hall.

Again, I don't see what Hextall did so bad in Philly besides not making that "win-now" move (and I guess holding onto Haxtol). He couldn't get it done in Pittsburgh, but that was a different ball game.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
He messed up far worse. Had to forfeit a first-round pick, spent another first on a rental Taylor Hall.

Again, I don't see what Hextall did so bad in Philly besides not making that "win-now" move (and I guess holding onto Haxtol). He couldn't get it done in Pittsburgh, but that was a different ball game.
Chayka was a dicey individual, from outside the hockey world(his stats website not withstanding). He had a bizarre career arc for sure. It's a bit of an anomaly case. Tough to compare with a decades-long hockey man, former player like Hextall who fancies himself a long-term architect and can't evaluate his own situation while he's in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00