Blue Jays Discussion: time for some post-all-star mini-break speculating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scion

May 25, 2012
Aumont has a career MLB WHIP of 1.99 and career minor WHIP of 1.50

there is nothing here. Not even the cardinals or rays could save this guy.

We acquired Aumont for nothing, the risk justifies the reward, and believe me crazier resurgences have happened out of the pen. You need look no further than Schultz, Cecil and Delabar.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
The point I was attempting to make is that we don't have a management team that subscribes to that model, so it's moot to compare the two. Believe me I would love to replace AA with a forward thinking GM who is a strong proponent of sabremetrics, and can consistently develop talent and acquire impact players at below market value.

Ok......but that has nothing to do with anything I said. Seems like you just took an opportunity to take a pot shot at the front office.

Also, seeing as they haven't signed a starting pitcher to a free agent contract during AA's tenure, I assume they do subscribe to the same strategy as the Cardinals.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Carrasco would be one hell of a get.

Cueto/Chapman would be just as nice.

Either one of these and we should make a nice run, I would think.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
We acquired Aumont for nothing, the risk justifies the reward, and believe me crazier resurgences have happened out of the pen. You need look no further than Schultz, Cecil and Delabar.

I'm all for bargain shopping but Aumont cant be saved. There is no reward. He throws gas but can't even locate his fastball.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Did we do anything? Or same old no nuts kinda stuff? Such BS of this team, they don't have balls to do anything. They suck at bringing in top notch pitchers and suck. Just sell the fuc**** farm or roster players to compete or pull out of the race and call it a day. AA sucks ass.

no pitchers have been traded except for Kazmir. save your rant for after the deadline.

Scion

May 25, 2012
Ok......but that has nothing to do with anything I said. Seems like you just took an opportunity to take a pot shot at the front office.

It's quite relevant actually. The whole reason that the Cardinals strategy works is because they are able to acquire and develop high end pitching depth without free agency. The Jays have not demonstrated that ability which is why edler von real gud avocated FA as a viable alternative, which is a justifiable stance.

Also, seeing as they haven't signed a starting pitcher to a free agent contract during AA's tenure, I assume they do subscribe to the same strategy as the Cardinals.

Pretty big difference between a FA strategy and organizational model, but I should state for the record that I think that it is pretty dumb to set a rigid strategy towards anything. FA is fluid, and there are exceptions to every rule. The Jays current predicament is an exception, IMO. I would much sooner give up $$$ than assets (and likely assets + $$$) to acquire a top tier SP.

And while we are on the topic of the Cardinals, they never would have given up prospects for the right to pay FA money to Mark Buehrle and Jose Reyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad