Former Bruins Tim Thomas

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I see he didn’t get the nod for the all time team.
My all time favorite player.

Tough to compare guys who played in different eras, especially goalies.

The more time that passes, it feels like the more credit that Thomas gets for 2011 Cup.

It’s an oversimplification to say “He won them the Cup.”

Glad to see him make his return to the TDG and that the fans game him some love. A polarizing guy due to the way things ended, but I’ll always love him as a player and appreciate the journey he had bouncing around in the minors and in Europe and being brought back to the organization as an insurance policy when Raycroft played hard ball on his contract.

They could make his story into a movie.
He didn't?!?! The one with 100 players on it? That's absurd.

Reactions: BBruins

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
@Fenway said in the Centennial thread that the guys who were selected won 2 cups with the B's. It sounds like the goalie position was the hardest for the committee to decide on. I would have put Timmy on the list but that is recency bias coming into play.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
@Fenway said in the Centennial thread that the guys who were selected won 2 cups with the B's. It sounds like the goalie position was the hardest for the committee to decide on. I would have put Timmy on the list but that is recency bias coming into play.
There is 0.0 I put him over Cheevers but I saw his career

The way to do this is really the guys we grew up with

I have no idea about Shore, Cowley, Clapper, Brimsek and Schmidt

Take them out I add Oates, Rask, McAvoy, Dallas Smith & Ratelle

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
It warmed my heart seeing Tim Thomas and hearing his interview. His facial expressions and vocal inflections are still the same, so it took me back to all the great interviews he did after clinching series'.

The main board often debates and some even mock intangibles; but Thomas had them in droves. I couldn't begin to list my favorite saves and moments as there are far too many. But dafoomie's video below documents many of them.

It's fantastic seeing him not only happy in retirement, but helping others. I would imagine if anyone gets a flat in Vermont, he'd be more than happy to pump your tires. ;)

Viewing this video and Vancouver fans and 2011 Sucks roster especially Raymond must still dream Tim Thomas ;) man was he good against the Vancouver. Tim Thomas has been the most entertaining keeper I have watch thru 45 years .... he was sooooo fun to watch.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
So is Pasta.

Yes, he's pure, prolific scorer. What has he won?

List or no list, Timmy was awesome and I'm thankful he was a Bruin. I'm glad he's also feeling better and he's able to attend these types of ceremonies!

Very glad Tim's doing well and has returned to the Bruins "family," as it were. He's living in VT now and it's really, really great to have him around.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
1706825756644.png
1706825771857.png

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
When I see his name this is my first thought, every time.

I was there that night! My first Bruins game. The crowd was so loud. I remember Lucic was out with an injury so that kind of sucked because I was looking forward to seeing him go with Komisarek. Mark Stuart fought... Tom Kostopoulos I think? If I remember right, Krejci got the game winning goal in the third. I truly envy those that get to go to the games every week.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I love Tim Thomas. Clearly he's a weird guy with fringe views on things,

Those "fringe" things made him more normal in my books.
He made his decisions and did not allow others make it for him.
Bravo! to him as I am of the same belief.

Jim Carey (the actor) is regarded by some today as being a weirdo. Plus he doesn't really act anymore, so there's that. Truth is he is so sickened of Hollywood and how hypocritical, perverted and truly disgusting it is , he had to walk away from it.

The players loved Thomas. The city of Boston does too.
He put hockey on the shelf for good reason. I'm sure his stomach must turn listening to some of the recent headlines in the last year or so as it does many of us. From the Bantam/Junior leagues up, hockey has a problem (plus other sports), a big one of what goes on with players off the ice, coaches, management and the code of silence that surrounds them.
It's been around for years and is alive and well today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad