Former Bruins Tim Thomas

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I'm old enough to remember the Tim Thomas vs. Manny Fernandez debates
Thomas was a huge part of what made those bad teams in 05-06 and 06-07 fun to watch.

Favorite Bruin of all time.

For all the more I express disappointment for some of the underachievements the organization has had the past decade, it does make them breaking through in 2011 that much more meaningful.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
It warmed my heart seeing Tim Thomas and hearing his interview. His facial expressions and vocal inflections are still the same, so it took me back to all the great interviews he did after clinching series'.

The main board often debates and some even mock intangibles; but Thomas had them in droves. I couldn't begin to list my favorite saves and moments as there are far too many. But dafoomie's video below documents many of them.

It's fantastic seeing him not only happy in retirement, but helping others. I would imagine if anyone gets a flat in Vermont, he'd be more than happy to pump your tires. ;)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It warmed my heart seeing Tim Thomas and hearing his interview. His facial expressions and vocal inflections are still the same, so it took me back to all the great interviews he did after clinching series'.

The main board often debates and some even mock intangibles; but Thomas had them in droves. I couldn't begin to list my favorite saves and moments as there are far too many. But dafoomie's video below documents many of them.

It's fantastic seeing him not only happy in retirement, but helping others. I would imagine if anyone gets a flat in Vermont, he'd be more than happy to pump your tires. ;)

@dafoomie is a gem.

I remember Tim saying (maybe vs the Flyers?) that he told himself he would not let any more goals in. He was locked in.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
That was great as was Johnny Boychuk stepping in to keep the puck out of the net :yo:
There were so many great moments in that series. I love when Looch hit Burrows (after Burrows slashed Timmy). It was like when you were a kid and your parents told you "Ok I will give you something to cry about."

Also loved when Tim slashed Burrows after Burrows knocked the stick out of his hands.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
There were so many great moments in that series. I love when Looch hit Burrows (after Burrows slashed Timmy). It was like when you were a kid and your parents told you "Ok I will give you something to cry about."

Also loved when Tim slashed Burrows after Burrows knocked the stick out of his hands.

Yeah you didn't mess around with Tim. Jason Chimera & Sean Avery can testify to that:

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
That was great as was Johnny Boychuk stepping in to keep the puck out of the net :yo:
GuDMmYn.gif

• Love
Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
As many great goalies we've had grace the crease from Tiny Thompson, Bremsik, Cheevers, Peeters, Moog, Lemelin, Thomas, Tuukka...not one #is retired.🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Totally baffling.

In the old days, 90% of goalies wore #1 or #30. This is because youth teams wore the same jerseys every year, and the oversized jerseys to fit over the goalie equipment were always #1 and #30. So teams were reluctant to retire the jersey numbers 90% of the goalies had worn since their dads were tying their skates for them. Given the generally superstitious nature of hockey players in general and goalies in particular, I don't blame them.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto

What an epic performance he put on during this run

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I see he didn’t get the nod for the all time team.
My all time favorite player.

Tough to compare guys who played in different eras, especially goalies.

The more time that passes, it feels like the more credit that Thomas gets for 2011 Cup.

It’s an oversimplification to say “He won them the Cup.”

Glad to see him make his return to the TDG and that the fans game him some love. A polarizing guy due to the way things ended, but I’ll always love him as a player and appreciate the journey he had bouncing around in the minors and in Europe and being brought back to the organization as an insurance policy when Raycroft played hard ball on his contract.

They could make his story into a movie.

• Love
Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad