Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The classic cope from Sens fans.

lWill you say the same when Stutzle's contract is up, with no playoffs to show for it? l guess you could pass the blame to Tkachuk, who doesn't seem to be in any hurry to make the playoffs either.
If the Sens never make the playoffs with Stutzle?

That would be a disaster almost on the level of Matthews always choking in the playoffs.

Reactions: K1900L

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
He's improved immeasurably since being moved to centre. He kills penalties playing centre.

Again, you don't know what you're talking about. Stick to pumping up tires in Leafland.
i understand this is just fantasy but we base our C or W on the faceoffs taken stat.
.40 and above are C and .40 and below are Wingers

Stutzle is currently sitting at .32 with only 88 faceoff wins in 29gp.

I mean he's not really a C or a good one at that with these numbers.
closer to a hybrid C. only matter of time before someone more reliable bumps him out for good

Reactions: LivingRentFree

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
not sure why Sens fans are chirping anyways, even if our teams went no where in the playoffs, we still made the playoffs the first year after drafting Matthews and we came in dead last the year before.

whats your excuse? been how long with Stutzle and still no post season? basically out of the playoffs already this year being deadlast in the division.

guys are all talk

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
i understand this is just fantasy but we base our C or W on the faceoffs taken stat.
.40 and above are C and .40 and below are Wingers

Stutzle is currently sitting at .32 with only 88 faceoff wins in 29gp.

I mean he's not really a C or a good one at that with these numbers.
closer to a hybrid C. only matter of time before someone more reliable bumps him out for good

Why on Earth would you base your C or W on the faceoffs taken stat?

He plays with Giroux and Tkachuk who are wingers but who happen to both be excellent face-off men.

What you're saying is, you'd rather he plays out of position as a winger down the middle of the ice for the vast majority of his icetime?

He lines up as a winger and then plays centre the entire time after the puck is dropped? How does that make any sense at all?

It's only a matter of time before those faceoffs creep up with experience and practice.

Reactions: Bileur

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Why on Earth would you base your C or W on the faceoffs taken stat?

He plays with Giroux and Tkachuk who are wingers but who happen to both be excellent face-off men.

What you're saying is, you'd rather he plays out of position as a winger down the middle of the ice for the vast majority of his icetime?

He lines up as a winger and then plays centre the entire time after the puck is dropped? How does that make any sense at all?

It's only a matter of time before those faceoffs creep up with experience and practice.
faceoff's are a fairly big Center's responsibility and his faceoffs taken is pretty low. I'm not knocking Stutzle as a player I think he's very good and on a very good contract. I like him alot more than I should as a Leafs fan. but it seems like he's closer to being a Winger over a C.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
faceoff's are a fairly big Center's responsibility and his faceoffs taken is pretty low. I'm not knocking Stutzle as a player I think he's very good and on a very good contract. I like him alot more than I should as a Leafs fan. but it seems like he's closer to being a Winger over a C.
He carries the puck out of the zone, way more now, because of being a centre. His game improved after being moved to centre.
Merry Christmas

Reactions: Dionysus

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
not sure why Sens fans are chirping anyways, even if our teams went no where in the playoffs, we still made the playoffs the first year after drafting Matthews and we came in dead last the year before.

whats your excuse? been how long with Stutzle and still no post season? basically out of the playoffs already this year being deadlast in the division.

guys are all talk

Matthews gets his team to the playoffs, unlike the Sens superstars.

Now they're telling us not having a good playoff run is worse than choking in December, especially with all that "elite talent"? Man, this place...

Fact is the Sens wouldn't have fared any better in the playoffs against Boston, Tampa or Florida.

Last edited:

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com

Now they're telling us not having a good playoff run is worse than choking in December, especially with all that "elite talent"? Man, this place...

Fact is the Sens wouldn't have fared any better in the playoffs against Boston, Tampa or Florida.
at times Id rather it be the 09 Leafs, back when we were expected to suck and did.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012

How many times were the Leafs the favorites in those series? What about Montreal or The BJs?

When you use a team you have no respect for to compare your team to its pretty sad.

Last edited:

Strangle

May 4, 2009
The Leafs have not been good and have two games in hand but 14 more points and Matthews has 17 more goals than Stutzle. The Leafs will disappoint me and a lot of people in the playoffs again, but at least they’ll get there but the personal numbers?

Climbable yes, for McDavid, Kucherov, Drai, Pasta and MacKinnon, Stutzle was perhaps on an even footing after a Matthews down season.

Matthews would be the best player on all but 3-4 teams, Stutzle it’s more like 12, and it’s debatable he’s the best on his own team.

‘But Stutzle, less money!!!!!!!!!!!!’

What a clever impersonation of a stupid poor person.

For all the people choosing Stutzle in this poll, they must think the poll question is:

“Which player has a cheaper contract?”

Because that’s the only question they seem interested in answering.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
That’s what the thread title asked, he’s also playing injured this year it’s thought.

No, the poll isn’t “who makes less money”. If it was, Stutzle would get my vote.

I’ve argued until I’m blue in the face with people (probably you, too) who compared ONLY Matthews year last year (when he was obviously injured) and refused at all to concede that he was on a down year.

So no, you’re not talking outside both sides of your mouth on this. If you were comparing Matthews worst year last year exclusively with Stutzle’s career year last year, you can’t move the goal posts now to save face.

Stutzle isn’t having a career year this year, and you can’t compare it to Matthews down year last year, when are you going to finally give up and admit that you have a terrible and embarrassing take?

Reading comprehension is a lost art.

Indeed, it seems to be. You should work on that

What about those $5M in savings? Oh right, Tarasenko...

Would you trade Matthews for Stutzle and tarasenko? Would anyone?

That GM would be fired on the spot

Strangle

May 4, 2009

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
No, the poll isn’t “who makes less money”. If it was, Stutzle would get my vote.

I’ve argued until I’m blue in the face with people (probably you, too) who compared ONLY Matthews year last year (when he was obviously injured) and refused at all to concede that he was on a down year.

So no, you’re not talking outside both sides of your mouth on this. If you were comparing Matthews worst year last year exclusively with Stutzle’s career year last year, you can’t move the goal posts now to save face.

Stutzle isn’t having a career year this year, and you can’t compare it to Matthews down year last year, when are you going to finally give up and admit that you have a terrible and embarrassing take?

Indeed, it seems to be. You should work on that

Would you trade Matthews for Stutzle and tarasenko? Would anyone?

That GM would be fired on the spot
So it’s ok Matthew’s being playing injured last year, but not for Stutzle this year.
That’s probably just as bad or a worse take, or does it only apply for one player.

First 4 seasons compared
Should have stopped Matthew’s numbers at Christmas, instead of end of year lol. Otherwise your being disengenuios.

It appears 53% would take Stutzle and Tarasenko over Matthews. (Re: would anyone do the trade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad