Tim Stutzle vs Auston Matthews Contracts Included

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

killmak

Aug 14, 2018
Stutzle 1.11 PPG vs. Matthews 1.32 PPG.

Better than 2/3 production so yes, nothing has changed.
Except PPG is such a flawed stat. Goals are worth almost double what a first assist is worth and about 5 times as much as a second assist.

Stutzle - 29 GP - 7 G - 11A1 - 14A2 = 15.6pts = 0.54 adjust PPG
Matthews - 30 GP - 28G - 10A1 - 3A2 = 33.97pts = 1.13 adjusted PPG

So far this season points wise Stutzle hasn't even been worth half as many adjusted points as Matthews. I am sure there are better estimates of the value of assists than the one I used, however no matter how you calculate it assists are worth way less than goals and second assists are worth very little. Saying a second assist is equal to a goal is crazy and should get someone laughed out of the conversation.

killmak

Aug 14, 2018
Leafs fans addicted to embarrassing themselves
Well when you can use stats to show that Matthews so far in his career is a better goal scorer than Ovechkin was at the same point in his career, I am unsure why you would call that embarrassing. It might be embarrassing for those saying Matthews is not a generational player.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Except PPG is such a flawed stat. Goals are worth almost double what a first assist is worth and about 5 times as much as a second assist.
What kind of crap formula is this?

Talk about a flawed stat or what?

So far this season points wise Stutzle hasn't even been worth half as many adjusted points as Matthews. I am sure there are better estimates of the value of assists than the one I used,
You mean valuing a first assist as half a goal value and a 2nd assist at 20% and there MIGHT be a better way to do it?

however no matter how you calculate it assists are worth way less than goals and second assists are worth very little. Saying a second assist is equal to a goal is crazy and should get someone laughed out of the conversation.
Oh someone is going to get laughed out of the conversation....

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005

So far this season points wise Stutzle hasn't even been worth half as many adjusted points as Matthews. I am sure there are better estimates of the value of assists than the one I used, however no matter how you calculate it assists are worth way less than goals and second assists are worth very little. Saying a second assist is equal to a goal is crazy and should get someone laughed out of the conversation.
Source?

Reactions: Dionysus

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Matthews is a playoff choker. Stutzle might be or might not be.

I'll take the guy who may not be an underachiever over the one who is.

I will also grant that Matthews could turn it around but until he does, he is a playoff choker.

Reactions: SyZyGY

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022

I will also grant that Matthews could turn it around but until he does, he is a playoff choker.

The classic cope from Sens fans.

lWill you say the same when Stutzle's contract is up, with no playoffs to show for it? l guess you could pass the blame to Tkachuk, who doesn't seem to be in any hurry to make the playoffs either.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018

But if we're saying that, we can say you'll never make the playoffs with Stutzle.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.

Stutzle missing the playoffs is not underachieving?

Guess I've just never seen a Sens fan actually admit it before.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
More like observe and laugh when it comes to Ottawa.

Like I said before the season started, you guys talk a lot in September and are always irrelevant by December. Enjoy your lottery pick if the league doesn’t take it away.
To be fair the sens organization is always late sending out the memo that they still suck

Reactions: Leafidelity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad