Prospect Info: Tim Stützle | 3rd OVR 2020 | C-LW Adler Mannheim DEL

• Center

• Wing

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Oh sry missed the hindsight bit, but kind of hard to use hindsight for Stuetzle.

Edit; also i don't think there was as much hype for RNH as you are remembering... Maybe you were just hyper aware of what hype there was because the sens had a legit shot at 1st OA?
Yeah could be.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Over daigle with hindsight sure but would he go over pronger? 2003 is loaded with nhl stars. In hindsight some of them go first. It is a difficult excercise especially with hindsight added in because then you have to take everyone in the draft and then rank them.

Well, now if we talk overall re-draft, the conversation is shifting a lot

Note : the initial point was simply that Stuetzle is quality enough as a prospect to have been considered for 1st OA in several drafts. Heck, it was almost the case this year.

Last edited:

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Sanderson: 2 points, Stutzle: 0 points. The numbers don't lie and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice

"Sanderson, now there's a good Ol' solid Canadian name eh"

"Don he's American..."

"Stencil on the other hand, sure he's got skill like the other euros but can he drop em with the big boys?"

Jokes aside, I still cannot believe we had two top 5 picks this year.

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
"Sanderson, now there's a good Ol' solid Canadian name eh"

"Don he's American..."

"Stencil on the other hand, sure he's got skill like the other euros but can he drop em with the big boys?"

Jokes aside, I still cannot believe we had two top 5 picks this year.
“Stuntsle isn’t a good ol’ Canadian boy, I bet he’s here for our milk and honey. Anyway, let’s talk about the troops.”

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
If a large enough part of the German team can't play because of Covid and Canada and the US are sending a relatively unchanged lineup I am not sure leading a broken team against realitively unaffected powerhouses is better for his development than an NHL training camp. Tough decision ahead especially if the Sens will get that extra 10-14 days of camp (meaning they would open camp in 10-14 days).

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Not sure if its worth burning a year, tend to agree with you if a short season.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I don't see a big difference between Stuetzle & Lafreniere except Lafreniere has the advantage of being drafted by a better team & should get an offensive advantage because of it. I think both could end up fairly close production wise at some future point & could turn into carbon copies of each other. That is if both reach their potential in the NHL which remains to be seen.

Lafreniere is much more physical than Stuetzle for one thing. He also has elite vision which I'd rate as slightly better than Stu's.

I like Stuetzle's skating and his ability to beat people one on one a bit more than Laf's. I think Laf's shot is significantly better right now though.

I think right now Laf is clearly the better prospect.

There is tonnes to like about Stuetzle though. And the fact that he can play C (hopefully does at the NHL level) might make him as valuable as Laf in a few years. Might end up like a Seguin-Hall type thing.

Reactions: jhutter and aragorn

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Lafreniere is much more physical than Stuetzle for one thing. He also has elite vision which I'd rate as slightly better than Stu's.

I like Stuetzle's skating and his ability to beat people one on one a bit more than Laf's. I think Laf's shot is significantly better right now though.

I think right now Laf is clearly the better prospect.

There is tonnes to like about Stuetzle though. And the fact that he can play C (hopefully does at the NHL level) might make him as valuable as Laf in a few years. Might end up like a Seguin-Hall type thing.

Lafreniere's physicality reminds me of Maurice Richard. He's not a fighter, but he can snap and no one is going to **** with him.

I'd say that Timmy is everything that you describe. I'd say he's a better skater and more dynamic, but Lafreniere is the better prospect overall, period. With that said, I don't think Lafreniere is so far above Stuetzle that in five years we couldn't see two equal players.

Reactions: Sweatred

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Lafreniere's physicality reminds me of Maurice Richard. He's not a fighter, but he can snap and no one is going to **** with him.

I'd say that Timmy is everything that you describe. I'd say he's a better skater and more dynamic, but Lafreniere is the better prospect overall, period. With that said, I don't think Lafreniere is so far above Stuetzle that in five years we couldn't see two equal players.

Five years is a long time for 18 year olds. So much could change. Laf is ahead now but who knows what they'll play like when each of them is 25.

I was hoping for Byfield but Stuetzle is going to be crazy fun to watch and will hopefully be one of the two best players from this draft.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Only 18 years old
Coming off of a serious injury
A season that may or may not happen and could be cut short at any moment
Unsigned
Burn a year of ELC

Leave him in Germany this year. Rushing him isn't worth it.
His injury was not serious at all.

He'll be in Ottawa, no question.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Only 18 years old
Unsigned
Burn a year of ELC

100% agree. Been my stance from day 1. Well said!

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Five years is a long time for 18 year olds. So much could change. Laf is ahead now but who knows what they'll play like when each of them is 25.

I was hoping for Byfield but Stuetzle is going to be crazy fun to watch and will hopefully be one of the two best players from this draft.

My hope was for Stuetzle, because I think he's more likely to become what we hope he becomes. If Byfield becomes what the Kings hope he becomes, he's probably the best player in the draft.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Only 18 years old
Unsigned
Burn a year of ELC

Burning a year of elc could be good though. we'll probably start being competitive in 2 years. would be a better time for Stutzles contract to expire. Could save big money on his next long term one.

Last edited:

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
My hope was for Stuetzle, because I think he's more likely to become what we hope he becomes. If Byfield becomes what the Kings hope he becomes, he's probably the best player in the draft.

Yeah. The potential of Byfield was huge for me but it was practically a toss up for me between the two centers.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Only 18 years old
Unsigned
Burn a year of ELC

Burning a year of elc could be good though. we'll probably start being competitive in 2 years. would be a better time for Stutzles contract to expire. Could save big money on his next long term one.

I can see both arguments made.

Bridge type deal at 22 means we have him few more years for cheaper.

Or we have him at 22 still on his ELC which could be monstrous.

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad