Tim Murray

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Think of the effect it'll have on trade talks if we win the lottery, though! The man probably is lukewarm on Connor and Eichels it to warm thoughts of Jack. He's playing everyone for a fool except me.

Oh now I get it. Because he's such a genius, right? Unfortunately, TM is screaming desperation: gushing over McD, over paying, publicly talking about how much he would over pay to move up one spot.

Kane's a great addition but, if your argument against over paying is "this is what we got in return," then reevaluate your player evaluation process. Kane's role here, there's certainly questions surrounding him as well as the assets we gave up, is not the only measuring stick. We don't yet know how things will really shake down but, nobody does therefore, we need to evaluate on fair value in the present.

I think it is embarrassing how he goes on and on in the national media about McD. Act like you've been there before, Tim. I am also excited and intrigued by the future but, can how much of that can we really credit to TM's doing. Not Risto or Zadorov, not really Samson, not Girgensens. Oh, and I hear that Myers kid is doing well. We all saw that coming and now lack real offensive talent on the back end. Frankly, any GM could break a team down given an entire year but eventually, most will credit TM with drafting McEichel. It's way, way too soon to turn out report cards but again, I simply do not see the cunning.

Sorry if this sounds ranty but let's not let pure optimism cloud our judgement.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I think Murray is getting a lot of credit that really belongs to Darcy, who was a great GM to have during the razing. Have to take a wait and see approach with Murray, he hasn't done enough to judge yet. That being said, I like the cut of his jib and his determination to get what he wants like in the Kane trade.

They both deserve credit.

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
There are pros and con's against him. Saying him bringing in some talent which can destroy the tank when he could just pick up talent at free agancy and trades is just so mind boggling dumb. Trying to build a team through free agancy is just lunacy and how can you trade for talent with no talent? Cant use picks because you kinda need those to get talent since you have none and have no way to get any.

Just crazy talk.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Oh now I get it. Because he's such a genius, right? Unfortunately, TM is screaming desperation: gushing over McD, over paying, publicly talking about how much he would over pay to move up one spot.
Oh, my nonsense scenario was pure insanity. We don't know if he's a genius or not. If he traded out out of pick 1, the rationalization that maybe he is a genius wouldn't be optimism, it would be the only thing keeping everyone from jumping off the Falls.

Nobody trusts table talk. It's just fluff. If he's going to overpay, he'll overpay whether or not he talked to someone who put quotes online or not.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Oh, my nonsense scenario was pure insanity. We don't know if he's a genius or not. If he traded out out of pick 1, the rationalization that maybe he is a genius wouldn't be optimism, it would be the only thing keeping everyone from jumping off the Falls.

Nobody trusts table talk. It's just fluff. If he's going to overpay, he'll overpay whether or not he talked to someone who put quotes online or not.

Lol understandable. It's certainly pretty early to truly evaluate, at this point though, I haven't seen any glaringly impressive moves.

Maybe it's how I evaluate a GM. I don't know if everyone has defined that. I look for a good GM to find talent when it's not obvious, be a stoic negotiator with agents and GM alike and ultimately build a very competitive team, relative to resources, with a strong young farm. By this, given his plentiful resources, I'm not sold and I really don't think I've heard an argument to sway me. Taken, it is early, as we've all stated ad nauseam.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Brilliant moves by Murray to bring in Mez and Gionta. They have really been paying off lately. He should be happy his UFAs are contributing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad