Rumor: Tim Leiweke leaving MLSE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Well that either means he wasn't all he was cracked up to be, or MLSE is completely jacked up and we (as fans) are completely screwed. I'm really hoping for the former.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I can't think of a good reason to care.

Yeah, but it's a little disconcerting that someone so ambitious and created big quotes about what he planned for MLSE leaves barely a year after being hired. Who knows what would have happened but if someone of Leiweke's stature is all ready looking for another job, it doesn't really provide stability for anyone to come over.

The president and CEO of the MLSE won't play much of a role on what the Leafs and the other teams will accomplish though, so I guess it's not a big deal.

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
Isn't it a tad worrisome to people that a guy who was brought in to make Toronto sports teams successful again is now saying "woops. This sucks. Bye!"?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Bob McCown ‏@FadooBobcat
Leiweke about to move back to LA to run the Clippers? Whisper won't go away. Wife moved back to So. Cal. already. #wehatewinter

That would explain it. I guess he loved Cali too much.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke
Friedman on FAN 590 "Leiweke's a guy who from what I understand he has some ideas of challenges he wants to do & he's ready to do it"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke
Friedman "there are many rumours about Leiweke. For example, I've heard about running Madison Square Garden, but I've heard that's not true"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke
Friedman "At this moment, regarding Leiweke's next move, I just don't know. All I know is he said he's looking for new challenges"

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke
Friedman on FAN 590 "Leiweke's a guy who from what I understand he has some ideas of challenges he wants to do & he's ready to do it"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke
Friedman "there are many rumours about Leiweke. For example, I've heard about running Madison Square Garden, but I've heard that's not true"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke
Friedman "At this moment, regarding Leiweke's next move, I just don't know. All I know is he said he's looking for new challenges"

Could be the challenge is keeping his Wife happy?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Sounds about right.

It makes me feel a little better that it looks like a personal issue between Leiweke and his lifestyle, and not a company related issue.

Ace88*

Seriously, all these rumours just make him look like the biggest sucky baby loser boy. All these grand sweeping promises of change here and revamp there and win this and turn around that...what a giant disappointment this doofus is.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013

Sounds like this more than anything to be honest. Pretty sad.

Sounds about right.

It makes me feel a little better that it looks like a personal issue between Leiweke and his lifestyle, and not a company related issue.

Same here. We're up **** creek if it's a company issue.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Leweike, it should be noted, is denying the report. Saying he has made no long-term decisions yet.

Gonna keep it a rumor for now I guess. Friedman doesn't put out anything false though.

Captain Mittens*

Seriously, all these rumours just make him look like the biggest sucky baby loser boy. All these grand sweeping promises of change here and revamp there and win this and turn around that...what a giant disappointment this doofus is.

The sooner that loser is gone, the better off the Leafs will be.

He is famous for making promises that he can't fulfill

Kessley Snipes*

Fan 590 is also reporting that Leiweke is denying the story and is "fully committed to the season at hand".

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
I'd do the/have done same for my family. The end of the day it's just a job.

I meant it's sad that his wife is possibly that type of person. Just reminds me of the stereotypical blonde bimbo that tans more than she works.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
this is very concerning to me, is it too much BS between rogers & bell to make the team(s) impossible to run???

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
To be fair, Leiweke is denying it, and this popped up a could months ago too. There seems to be smoke, but is there a fire?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
cathalkelly ‏@cathalkelly
Just talked to Tim Leiweke re: rumours he's leaving MLSE: "It's not true. 100 per cent not true. I'm fully committed to the season at hand."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad