Tim Kerr or Cam Neely?

ekcut

The Refs shot JFK.
Jul 25, 2007
Edmonton
I have to say Cam. Not that a healthy Kerr would be a bad thing, but he was more of a gental giant...Neely was to be feared.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I have to say Cam. Not that a healthy Kerr would be a bad thing, but he was more of a gental giant...Neely was to be feared.

kerr! he had four 50 goal seasons in a row then a 48 goal season before injuries (shoulder) cut short his career and production.

kerr destroyed guys early in his career but calmed down when he realized it was more important for him to be on the ice...he was a big influence on tocchet changing his game from a brawler to a power forward.

Dark Shadows

Jun 19, 2007
Canada
www.robotnik.com
Cam Neely. he had 3 50+ goal season, and would have had some 70+ goal seasons if not for injuries.

His 50 goals in 44 games is unmatched by anyone short of Gretz, and he would have had many of those if not for Ulf Samuelsson's dirty knee

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Cam easily. There can be no debate. Right from the first really decent season Cam had in Boston he was better than Kerr.

Kerr was a great goal scorer... an immovable slot object of great size. Cam was a speedy deadly player in every possible way. Neely was taking the baseball term a five tool players.. heck he was a zillion tool player. Kerr was a great goal scorer... he was like Phill Esposito except lacking about 2 or 3 of the 5 tools Espo had. Like Playmaking, leadership etc.

Kerr was perhaps debatably the biggest and strongest player in the NHL.. seriously and he never got in a fight that I can remember.

An interesting poll could be Tim Kerr vs John Leclair. Easily I pick Kerr. Neely trumps either easily.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Cam, but with one caveat, who's my point man? Kerr is the 2nd best PP forward ever after Mario. With the right point man, the potential to have a 30% powerplay is tempting...

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Cam, but with one caveat, who's my point man? Kerr is the 2nd best PP forward ever after Mario. With the right point man, the potential to have a 30% powerplay is tempting...

Surely you jest. Kerr a better PP forward than Gretzky? Mike Bossy? Brett Hull? Come on. He's the best non-HOF power play guy of all time. Beyond that though, no.

Sbufkle

Nov 16, 2007
Pointe Claire PQ
Wow.. Kerr was a great player.. Im happy theres enough of you guys in here to remember him.

As opinionated as I am, this one is way too close to call. Id take either one. If I had a team that didnt need a scrappier guy id have to take Kerr, if I needed a guy with the extra dirt, then Neely.

Either way, if you had to take one, yourt team woudl be better in the end.

Jungosi

Jan 14, 2007
Rendsburg / Germany
Surely you jest. Kerr a better PP forward than Gretzky? Mike Bossy? Brett Hull? Come on. He's the best non-HOF power play guy of all time. Beyond that though, no.

Statisticly he is. He owns the record for most powerplay goals in one season with 34. Who was his Pointman? Mark Howe? And who did feed him the puck , as far as I remember it was Pelle Eklund. Does anyone know this exactly?

On Topic : I'd take Neely. He was such a force during his hayday. And he should have played lwith Oates for a longer period of time.

greatgazoo

Jan 26, 2008
Cobourg
Neely scored 57 goals in 93 playoff games for a .613 goal per-game avg. Kerr 40 in 81 for a .493 gpg.

And in '91 Neely scored 16 goals in 19 playoff games, which is just unbelievable. He easily gets my vote.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Statisticly he is. He owns the record for most powerplay goals in one season with 34. Who was his Pointman? Mark Howe? And who did feed him the puck , as far as I remember it was Pelle Eklund. Does anyone know this exactly?

Yes but stats aren't everything.

Roger's Pancreas*

No jesting involved. Taken from Flyers History:

Most Powerplay Goals, One Season
34 1985-86 - Tim Kerr
Most Goals, One Period
4 13-Apr-85 - Tim Kerr vs NY Rangers
Most Points, One Period
Most Powerplay Goals, One Game
3 13-Apr-85 - Tim Kerr vs NY Rangers
Most Powerplay Goals, One Period

And those are just the NHL records he shares/holds.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
No jesting involved. Taken from Flyers History:

Most Powerplay Goals, One Season
34 1985-86 - Tim Kerr
Most Goals, One Period
Most Points, One Period
Most Powerplay Goals, One Game
Most Powerplay Goals, One Period

And those are just the NHL records he shares/holds.

Four of those are from the same game. Hell, they are all from the same period.

Koivu84*

Tim Kerr, Neely relied so much on his linemates he really gets overrated sometimes. It's close though

Koivu84*

no tim kerr is pretty much one of the most underated players, have any of you even see him play?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
no tim kerr is pretty much one of the most underated players, have any of you even see him play?

Yes.

I think Tomas Plekanec is underated. That doesn't make him Mario Lemieux, though.

Cyclops II*

It's very close. Kerr = Bertuzzi with a brain. I'll go with Kerr.

Koivu84*

Yes.

I think Tomas Plekanec is underated. That doesn't make him Mario Lemieux, though.

It's closer than everyone thinks, you can have remember Neely played with Adam Oates and Ray Bourque which helps a lot. I like both of them I say it's even.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site

Oddly enough, yeah. Gretzky is probably better. But for a big man in the crease on the power play, Kerr is probably the best ever. It's just one facet, but damn was he good at that facet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad