Injury Report: Tim Gleason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Gleason did say he was fine on the ice so that would mean that there's likely nothing broken or dislocated. Also read that Randy said it was a 'burn' and should be fine so all in all, it doesn't sound like something that should keep him out for long (if at all).

bennerwha

Mar 30, 2009
macoun could play hockey when with the lefs he was a hachet man......i remember when he broke daigle's elbow!!!!!!!!! Rouse is a very good comparison to Glease. Good in the Q play the leafs of the early to mid 90's... rouse, lefebrve, macoun, ellett, gill even mironov was a beaut with the stick. ciccarelli remembers

TiMo15

Nov 8, 2008
Definitely he brings something that the team needs: steady, veteran and shutdown type defenseman. The team tried Ranger and Fraser but they both had a short run in the season. Unfortunately that they aren't legit NHL player but Gleason shows that he is the NHL player. He stabilize the backend a lot.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
He's legit and I feel confident with him out there --another great pick up.

Sometimes a player just needs a fresh start to find their game again and sometimes they are in fact just a shell of their former self. Luckily for us he's so far shown that he is the former and not the latter.

He's not only one of the few d men that seems comfortable with assuming a defensive role but he's also making smart decisions to move the puck out the zone and up the ice. So far so good with him.

unitedstars

Feb 15, 2013
He's been so steady. He's actually a better skater then I thought he would be. He doesn't have good speed but its decent and looks to have good balance and hard to knock.

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.
It is all an illusion. I was assured by some of the greatest hockey minds that Nonis was an idiot for not buying out JML because he would never be able even give him away. Therefore Gleason must be worth less than nothing and has been deceiving us so far with his great play. What other explanation can there be?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It is all an illusion. I was assured by some of the greatest hockey minds that Nonis was an idiot for not buying out JML because he would never be able even give him away. Therefore Gleason must be worth less than nothing and has been deceiving us so far with his great play. What other explanation can there be?

It was a gamble. This team is worse this year than last but I like Gleason.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I think it will be Franson
Trade Franson and have Ranger replace him. His performance at a $1 million cap is actually pretty decent. We could even have Fraser as the extra guy.

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Ranger - Gleason
Gardiner - Rielly
Fraser

Could even have Gardiner/ Rielly with Gleason/ Ranger to balance the pairings.

L Corncrick

NHL Outsider
Oct 8, 2011
Planet Funk

I expect a trade of Fraser or Ranger soon, because I just can't see Gleason coming out of the lineup.

Ranger has NTC but he can be sent down. Fraser would be hard to trade, everyone saw him break his head last playoffs and then play like junk this season and he costs almost 1.3 million.

Team Overrated

Aug 5, 2013

Well, he has negative value you will never get Gleason for him. Stop dreaming Leaf fan nor Schenn for JVR? A first and a prospect for Kaberle? Lupul will not play 20 games before retiring to career ending injury. Leaf fans' proposals are so bad they should not be allowed.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Glad Gleason is okay, what a beast. Loved seeing Bernier being the 1st one to help him out and talk to him too, followed by everyone else huddling around. Usually goalies just do their own thing, was nice seeing Bernier do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad