Recalled/Assigned: Tierney recalled 2/4 (Sent back to WOR 2/28)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Tierney's not yet indoctrinated into the "pro-cess". He'll be success for the next 10 games. TMac's turning into a Sommer.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Tierney's not yet indoctrinated into the "pro-cess". He'll be success for the next 10 games. TMac's turning into a Sommer.

I don't know about that. Seeing as he's likely the 4C, I'm pretty scared of what the bottom 6 wingers are going to look like considering DW is doing everything he can to move TK.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't know about that. Seeing as he's likely the 4C, I'm pretty scared of what the bottom 6 wingers are going to look like considering DW is doing everything he can to move TK.

I admit, I was being a bit hyperbolic with that. Tierney isn't gonna have anybody to play with if he's playing as the 4C. I wouldn't mind if they played Hertl and Tierney together and have them switch off on center duty.

I was kind of serious about the indoctrination thing though. The system this year is weird to me.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I admit, I was being a bit hyperbolic with that. Tierney isn't gonna have anybody to play with if he's playing as the 4C. I wouldn't mind if they played Hertl and Tierney together and have them switch off on center duty.

I was kind of serious about the indoctrination thing though. The system this year is weird to me.

I could write a short story about the Sharks system this year and why it's not working...

I'm pretty sure the org wants Tierney at center which is where he should be but depending on how many guys they're able to move out today (I'm guessing maybe 2 more) bringing back Tarasov is he's healthy or another guy from Worcester will hopefully happen.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I could write a short story about the Sharks system this year and why it's not working...

I'm pretty sure the org wants Tierney at center which is where he should be but depending on how many guys they're able to move out today (I'm guessing maybe 2 more) bringing back Tarasov is he's healthy or another guy from Worcester will hopefully happen.

Would Hamilton and/or Carpenter be decent call ups?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Would Hamilton and/or Carpenter be decent call ups?

Hamilton has been struggling lately and I like Carpenter but I'd guess maybe Oleksuk, Hayes & Haley are ahead of him for call ups, again, just a guess on my part.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Come April 11th I bet the Sharks will do just that. Same with Karlsson and Goodrow.

I'll post this one more time...in order for a player to be eligible to play in the AHL down the stretch and into the playoffs they have to be on the AHL today at noon.

As of now Tennyson & Tierney are the two guys that should be eligible to go back to Worcester.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
I'll post this one more time...in order for a player to be eligible to play in the AHL down the stretch and into the playoffs they have to be on the AHL today at noon.

As of now Tennyson & Tierney are the two guys that should be eligible to go back to Worcester.

Didn't see your earlier posts. That makes sense why Tierney will be sent back after noon EST. Plenty of flights to catch that'll allow him to be in the lineup tonight.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Does he even have an NHL contract? I left his name out just because I wasn't sure. Will signed a lot of Worcester contracts this year.

He does but I can't see Trupp in SJ's future.

They really need to get a look at players that they think have a shot at the big club someday.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm counting the days when I no longer have to put up with this crap.

This particular action is beyond dumb. At least in the past the Sharks were heading to playoffs so not doing the "paper" transaction at least made some sense.

Considering where the two teams currently sit there is no reason at all to not just handle the transaction this afternoon instead of yesterday.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
This particular action is beyond dumb. At least in the past the Sharks were heading to playoffs so not doing the "paper" transaction at least made some sense.

Considering where the two teams currently sit there is no reason at all to not just handle the transaction this afternoon instead of yesterday.

I'm not condoning the move, for the obvious reasons stated above. With that being said, with McGinn getting claimed and Kennedy, Desjardins and Sheppard getting traded, the Sharks would have been at 10 healthy forwards tonight if they hadn't recalled someone. Now they sit at 11, and I hope that Smith makes it in time for the game tonight. It seems that the recall was a necessity.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm not condoning the move, for the obvious reasons stated above. With that being said, with McGinn getting claimed and Kennedy, Desjardins and Sheppard getting traded, the Sharks would have been at 10 healthy forwards tonight if they hadn't recalled someone. Now they sit at 11, and I hope that Smith makes it in time for the game tonight. It seems that it was a necessity.

Tierney could have flown in yesterday and they still could have handled the paper transaction of his recall this afternoon.

There's really no excuse for this.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4