Post-Game Talk: Tiereny in Ottawa...

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
He got 0 points in the first game (7 goals scored) and looked really pissed off last night. I'm not sure McDavid is having a great time right now personally.
McDavid needs to realize winning isn't just about him getting points. If the other lines are clicking the he needs to buck up and figure out how to play with someone not named drai

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Jets over trapped them in the playoffs, didn't overpower.

A team that traps, has some bigger d-men with reach, and a decent goalie will beat the Oilers in a 7 game series 9/10 times. Scoring aptitude of said team doesn't even really matter.

They were so physical and the Oilers were not, that's how I remember it. I am getting old though, am I remembering it wrong?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What a dumb take...how is it humanly possible to have so many bad takes?

Yep. Stutzle was wanting the fight the whole time and initiated it entirely. Spector telling us he didn't even watch the game. It was a smart move by Lagesson taking Stutzle out of the game for 5minutes. Too bad they couldn't have gone gonzo and got matching misconducts as well. As it was keeping Stuts off ice was probably why we were able to milk the clunker to OT, and get to OT, and have him kill us there instead.

Take the point, move on, never read Spector.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013

Didn't Stutzle instigate the fight? What was Lagesson suppose to do, block with his face?

Edit: Don't care if you're a superstar or not, if you start the fight, face the consequences.

I was going to say that too, Spec is really reaching these days and trying to pick anything negative about the Oilers and run with it. This guy is so washed up and really needs to take a hike.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
They were so physical and the Oilers were not, that's how I remember it. I am getting old though, am I remembering it wrong?

The forceheck and physicality were the least of the Oilers issues in that series IMO.

Inability to get through the neutral zone with possession essentially relegated the Oilers to not being able to score goals. All the Jets had to do was capitalize on our inevitable turnovers high in our zone or in the neutral zone and sit back defensively. They checked us out of that series not on the boards, but in the middle of the ice. If the Oilers don't get the middle given to them the Oilers aren't able to go and get it. We weren't scoring more than 1/2 goals with the perimeter "chances" we were throwing on net. Every break in was either a neutral zone turnover, a perimeter cycle with no shots, or a low grade scoring chance.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
The forceheck and physicality were the least of the Oilers issues in that series IMO.

Inability to get through the neutral zone with possession essentially relegated the Oilers to not being able to score goals. All the Jets had to do was capitalize on our inevitable turnovers high in our zone or in the neutral zone and sit back defensively. They checked us out of that series not on the boards, but in the middle of the ice. If the Oilers don't get the middle given to them the Oilers aren't able to go and get it. We weren't scoring more than 1/2 goals with the perimeter "chances" we were throwing on net. Every break in was either a neutral zone turnover, a perimeter cycle with no shots, or a low grade scoring chance.

Time to bring Mac T back to reintroduce "The 06 Press" :sarcasm:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Time to bring Mac T back to reintroduce "The 06 Press" :sarcasm:

Haha honestly - give us a coach that will trap. I'm at that point with the perpetual embarrassment that our defensive game is.

The Oilers are probably the worst team in the league at neutral zone defense and defending rush chances (from both a goaltending and defenseman perspective), which isn't ideal because we give those up in spades.

I have no data to back this up, but I feel our in zone defense and goaltending isn't that terrible. My feel is that we give up 70% of our goals off of something dumb we did in the neutral zone defensively or gave up too much gap.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I was going to say that too, Spec is really reaching these days and trying to pick anything negative about the Oilers and run with it. This guy is so washed up and really needs to take a hike.
Once these guys have sailed into paid trolling they don't stop. The guy is telling us all he cares about is being spoken of, he cares about views and hits. Credibility means nothing. All a guy like this wants is to have his name in print and be read. So that I actually wish people stopped posting the tripe, it just doesn't help. Its what the troll wants. We've already established years ago he's not worth anybodies time.

Reactions: K1984 and elmeroil

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
McDrai were definitely out too long in the OT but Nuge goes out and gives the puck away twice and the second time it’s in the back of the net. Wtf

Reactions: Rengorlex

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
What a dumb take...how is it humanly possible to have so many bad takes?

lol!

I think Spec has been perfecting his craft of having terrible takes for decades. He's firmly in his prime now.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Darnell Nurse has been owning hockey throughout 2022. He's really been on one of his King of the rink runs. He's playing elite hockey and has done more than either Drai or McD to right the ship. This is not due to Bouchard. Bouchard is with Nurse as Nurse is in a Pronger role holding up his D partner. Lagesson has actually been better than Bouchard recently.

Just saying this because Darnell is helping Bouchard numbers and Bouchard still falling down. he needs to just play simpler and have more focus. The way you do that is prethinking game. Know what you're going to do with the puck, what your options are before you get the puck. Bouchard is not sharp doing that right now.
I think I may be able to copy paste this from a Nurse thread from 2 or 3 years ago. Bouchard will only get better give it time everyone.

Reactions: Duke74 and K1984

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Sens are actually a decent team despite their record. Shame they start the season so poorly. Would love for them to make the playoffs and play the leafs in the first round.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Barrie is not elite.

He is worse than Bouchard in every metric.

Barrie is so frustrating on the PP. Instead of utilizing 2 of the best payers in the world, he goes rogue and takes terrible shots that are 10 feet wide

Atleast Bouchard dishes the puck and shoots at the right time

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Barrie is so frustrating on the PP. Instead of utilizing 2 of the best payers in the world, he goes rogue and takes terrible shots that are 10 feet wide

Atleast Bouchard dishes the puck and shoots at the right time

Barrie just winds up and rips it with a prayer it will either not get blocked or actually hit the net.

Bouchard can actually place his shots.

Reactions: Duke74

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Didn't Stutzle instigate the fight? What was Lagesson suppose to do, block with his face?

Edit: Don't care if you're a superstar or not, if you start the fight, face the consequences.

The comments were gold last night in reply to that. Also this isn't like it was Kassian, Kane or Nurse that got into a fight with him. Heck if it were Kassian I'm sure Kassian would've skated away. Not like he hasn't given younger guys the chance before.

Reactions: MettleMcOiler

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Even if they make the playoffs though we saw it last year 5 on 5 they can't do much. The Jets over powered them last playoffs, granted 3 of the 4 went to OT but you aren't going to do much when your 5 on 5 is so poor.

Every player on the Jets player the defensive series of their lives against us and Helly was a wall. When they played Montreal they completely abandoned their structure.

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad