WJC: tickets to the world juniors

member 30781

If ANYONE has extra tickets to any games, PLEASE pm me.

My dad and I booked a hotel already, its all about finding games now.

The two games I need are both on Dec 26th:

Canada vs. Russia
USA vs. Finland

Last edited by a moderator:

Seguins Dragon*

I have 6 games left... pair of tickets 50$ (25 each) or 2 tickets for 6 games at 200$

I have 6 tickets left to sell, all rest have pretty much been spoken for, I realize these are less than ideal matchups, but that is why I have them bundled at 200$ for the lot, because I am not sure how high interest levels will be.... here are the games...

Germany VS Switzerland on Sunday Dec 26th at 12:30pm
Slovakia VS Germany on Mon Dec 27th 7pm
Finland VS Germany on Wed Dec 29th at 3:30pm
Switzerland VS Slovakia on Thur Dec 30th 3pm
Slovakia VS Finland on Fri Dec 31st 12:30pm
5th Place VS 6th Place Jan 4th at 7:30pm

Tickets are section 318, row 10

I will only sell them in pairs for 50$ each (25$ per ticket)... or take the lot of 12 tickets for 200$... works out to less than 17$ a ticket or view it as less than 35$ for 2 people to see a game of world class hockey!!!.

If interested please PM.

Thanks!!

alexthekidd

Nov 18, 2008
London
I have 1 seat that I'm willing to sell for all games on the 31st. USA vs Switzerland, Canada vs Sweden and Finland vs Slovakia. Section 102, row 1 (on the glass)

PM if interested.

member 30781

I bought tickets to the Russia vs. Sweden game at Dwyer arena.

Can anyone tell me how good the seats in Dwyer arena are? they are like bleacher seats on one side of the rink which is like the setup of some of my high school hockey games. Is there really a bad seat in the house because it certainly doesnt look that way?

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca

Can anyone tell me how good the seats in Dwyer arena are? they are like bleacher seats on one side of the rink which is like the setup of some of my high school hockey games. Is there really a bad seat in the house because it certainly doesnt look that way?

I teach there and go to a lot of Purple Eagle games. They are bleacher style seats, aluminum with no arm rests. Not the most comfortable seats. However, the view is very good from most seats. I recommend the higher up rows. They only go back about a dozen rows or so and the overall view is really nice from the back rows. The rink-side rows are good if you like the close up action along the glass, but you get the usual problem of not being able to see the corners well when sitting that close.

Have fun!

kfernandes29

Aug 16, 2005
mods: not sure if this is the right section. Just looking for advice and not sure where else to post.

I'm looking at purchasing 4 tickets for the gold medal game. As of now, the tickets seem to be the cheapest on stubhub. The last time I checked (around 1 month ago), they were considerably more expensive. Does anyone have any guesses on when the best time to buy would be in order to get the lowest possible price. Further more, if not stubhub, does anyone have any other suggestions.

Me and 5 others have our tickets for the Bronze Medal and Gold Medal games on January 5th. Hoping to see a Russia vs Sweden Bronze match and Canada vs USA Gold match. Really excited for the tourny to start!!

member 30781

I teach there and go to a lot of Purple Eagle games. They are bleacher style seats, aluminum with no arm rests. Not the most comfortable seats. However, the view is very good from most seats. I recommend the higher up rows. They only go back about a dozen rows or so and the overall view is really nice from the back rows. The rink-side rows are good if you like the close up action along the glass, but you get the usual problem of not being able to see the corners well when sitting that close.

Have fun!

Thanks for the info. How are the rows set up? I got seats in Section 3 row B. Is row A the first row, B the second, and so on and so forth?

member 30781

I have obviously never been there. Its obvious that the higher you are the more of the ice you see, but how is the view from the 2nd row in that section?

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
I have obviously never been there. Its obvious that the higher you are the more of the ice you see, but how is the view from the 2nd row in that section?

You will have a great view of one end. Clear and up close up view of work in the corner and around the crease. However, you will not have a good view of the far end of the ice, especially the far corner on the same side of the ice as you. There is no jumbo-tron so you will not see replays from that area.

Night_Vole

Mar 25, 2007
T dot

Same, though I got mine a bit late and I'm up in row M. I figure it shouldn't matter with a smaller arena like this, view from everywhere should be decent.

I'm excited for this game. The Canada game should have a better atmoshpere, but Sweden-Russia usually makes for a good game with a ton of skill on display. Does anyone know if this will be on international or NA sized ice?

member 30781

Same, though I got mine a bit late and I'm up in row M. I figure it shouldn't matter with a smaller arena like this, view from everywhere should be decent.

I'm excited for this game. The Canada game should have a better atmoshpere, but Sweden-Russia usually makes for a good game with a ton of skill on display. Does anyone know if this will be on international or NA sized ice?

You buy them on stubhub?

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

We should have one night where WE, ALL the people at the HF Boards who are attending the WJR's, meet at a Pub.

I know no one will want to do this but I think it is a good idea. :)

pr92

Apr 30, 2010
Buffalo
Tickets

My dad has the whole pack, but some are sold, and some we are going to go to. We have 2 seats in section 318 , row 1. The Following games are available. All games are at HSBC.

Germany vs Switzerland, 12/26, 12:30 PM
Slovakia vs Germany, 12/27, 7:00 PM
Finland vs Germany, 12/29, 3:30
Switzerland vs Slovakia, 12/30, 3:00
Canada vs Sweden, 12/31, 4:00
Quarterfinals, Game 1, 1/2, 3:30
5th and 6th place, 1/4, 7:30
Bronze, 1/5, 3:30

Please PM if interested.

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON

All the games will be on NA ice. I don't think HSBC even has the capacity to expand to the international size.

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
not sure how lucky i'd get but... here it goes... me and my girlfriend will be visiting family down in Oakville.. so we'd love to attend a Team Canada game with her dad.. so if by some crazy chance someone has 3-4 tickets to the Canada vs. Russia game on dec.26th could you shoot me a pm if you are selling tix at a reasonable price :D (poor students don't have lots of cash haha)

Last edited:

gaf

Occupied Territory
Sep 22, 2005
... on the warpath
Seems like a lot of sellers out there...

I've got a load of games left, aside from US and Canada games. My job transferred me from Buffalo to hartford. Section 313 row 8 seats 17 and 18 (behind the net where the home team shoots twice). I'm charging 23.50 per; i.e 47 for the pair. That will cover regular mail postage as well.

12/26 The hsbc opener: germany v swiss 12:30
12/27 slovakia v germany 7pm
12/28 switzerland v finland 12:30
12/29 finland v germany 3:30
12/30 switzerland v slovakia 3pm
12/31 slovakia v finland 12:30
01/04 5th- 6th place game 7:30
01/05 bronze medal game 3:30

1st come first served - please PM me if interested.

Night_Vole

Mar 25, 2007
T dot
You buy them on stubhub?

Nah I just ordered it off the tournament websites. Nice and cheap it was like $20 per seat. I'm going with family so we plan to make a day of it maybe stop in Buffolo for some shopping or chill in Niagra for a bit, so seats really don't really matter so much. In general I've been to several Hockey games in diffrent spots; from right on the boards to standing room at the Air Canda Centre, and I've had an equally good time on every occasion.

member 30781

Nah I just ordered it off the tournament websites. Nice and cheap it was like $20 per seat. I'm going with family so we plan to make a day of it maybe stop in Buffolo for some shopping or chill in Niagra for a bit, so seats really don't really matter so much. In general I've been to several Hockey games in diffrent spots; from right on the boards to standing room at the Air Canda Centre, and I've had an equally good time on every occasion.

Jesus, I am an idiot. I spent 130 for a pair (50 per ticket, 20 for shipping, 10 for service fee) on Stubhub.

Night_Vole

Mar 25, 2007
T dot
Oh that sucks, I generally try to avoid stuff like Stubhub as they jack up prices especially for NHL games, I usually have better luck with buying direct off people, or scalpers (gotta be wary). Dun feel bad though, I've had more expensive life lessons so to speak. And if its any consolation you would pay something similar (at least) for an NHL game, and I find that there is something special emotionally about watching your national team which a club team can't quite compare to.

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON
not sure how lucky i'd get but... here it goes... me and my girlfriend will be visiting family down in Oakville.. so we'd love to attend a Team Canada game with her dad.. so if by some crazy chance someone has 3-4 tickets to the Canada vs. Russia game on dec.26th could you shoot me a pm if you are selling tix at a reasonable price :D (poor students don't have lots of cash haha)

There should still be tickets available via the tournament website. The upper bowl is $80 a seat, and I doubt you will find any sellers going any cheaper...

Addendum: Just checked the website, only singles available in the lower bowl, upper bowl still multiple seats left, but I wouldn't wait too long...

Last edited:

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
There should still be tickets available via the tournament website. The upper bowl is $80 a seat, and I doubt you will find any sellers going any cheaper...

Addendum: Just checked the website, only singles available in the lower bowl, upper bowl still multiple seats left, but I wouldn't wait too long...

That there is! Just picked up a day pass for the two semi finals on Jan 3rd! Here's hoping for two great match ups.

member 30781

Still looking for two tickets to the Russia vs. Canada game on Dec 26. If ANYONE has an extra pair PLEASE PM me. I am killing to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad