WJC: tickets to the world juniors

ampersand5

Oct 25, 2010
mods: not sure if this is the right section. Just looking for advice and not sure where else to post.

I'm looking at purchasing 4 tickets for the gold medal game. As of now, the tickets seem to be the cheapest on stubhub. The last time I checked (around 1 month ago), they were considerably more expensive. Does anyone have any guesses on when the best time to buy would be in order to get the lowest possible price. Further more, if not stubhub, does anyone have any other suggestions.

ampersand5

Oct 25, 2010
originally they were 200+. earlier today they were 150, now they are 125.

everyone outside of stubhub has them listed much higher.

Pyke*

originally they were 200+. earlier today they were 150, now they are 125.

everyone outside of stubhub has them listed much higher.

Well, individual tickets went on sale online today at $150 a pop, which is likely why the $150 price point makes sense (for 300 level)

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
yeah, i wouldnt wait much longer. Southern ontario is in play this year, which means they should start going fast and secondary markets with ridiculous markups will appear very shortly.

edit: that is to say, i think tickets should be harder to get than ottawa in 09. Buffalo is a lot closer to the golden horseshoe than ottawa.

Seguins Dragon*

yeah, i wouldnt wait much longer. Southern ontario is in play this year, which means they should start going fast and secondary markets with ridiculous markups will appear very shortly.

edit: that is to say, i think tickets should be harder to get than ottawa in 09. Buffalo is a lot closer to the golden horseshoe than ottawa.

I got my tickets ;)

Never been to a world JR's before...it is literally a 30-40min drive from my house... so I said what the hell... me and a friend both got tickets for all the games at HSBC...

I sold all my tickets for the 4 American round robin games, but I have games like Finland VS Germany and the such which I don't see many people buying... oh well xmas gifts I guess.

I will be selling other games too (with the package I got worked out to 25$ a ticket) so I am selling them at that rate, not looking to make a profit, just recoup some of the damage from initial purchase.

Chances are I am going to try to sell the Bronze game, the 5 VS 6 game and my 2 quarter final games and really any other game Canada isn't playing in.

As stated... 2 tickets, side by side, 50$ for the pair (25 per ticket)... will only sell them as a pair, will not sell 1 individual ticket.

Any interest, PM me.

Secion 318 Row 10

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I'll also be hoping to sell my USA game tickets for a max. of the going rate.

OR

Better yet trade them for Canada games.

Section 103 Row 17. (2 tickets)

PM me if interested.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
I have many friends selling tickets to this event if anyone is interested

However Canada games are going for significantly more. Canada/Russia in the upper bowl went for 150 a ticket

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I have tickets to the semi's, bronze and Canada-Czech if anyone's interested... Just send me a pm

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON
I have many friends selling tickets to this event if anyone is interested

However Canada games are going for significantly more. Canada/Russia in the upper bowl went for 150 a ticket

Cheaper to get them online. As soon the individual tickets went on sale at 9 yesterday, I bought a pair of Canada/Russia tickets for $80 each. Bit of pain though, it turns out you have to buy the tickets within 1 minute 30 seconds or it times out and you have start over. Had to do it a second time using the form autofill. It also turns out that you have to make sure you use either the will call or FedEx - Canada selection for delivery. I didn't realize the error until afterwards, and had to call the Buffalo Sabres to correct it. Apparently I wasn't the only and they had to fix the problem for a number of people.

This will be my second World Jrs. I went to the one in Hamilton in '86. That time I couldn't get the Canada/Soviet games (SRO) and had to settle for a fairly entertaining Canada/USA game which interestingly enough didn't sell out.

I'm actually surprised the Canada games and Gold Medal games aren't sold out yet.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I live in Niagara Falls Ontario and I have the 'Silver' package - all the games at the HSBC. My girlfriend and I will be going to most of the games. Anything she can't attend will easily be filled with friends.

I don't know if I will attend many US Round Robin games - most likely blow outs.

Does anyone know how much I could get (if anything) for them on Stub Hub?

Pyke*

Cheaper to get them online. As soon the individual tickets went on sale at 9 yesterday, I bought a pair of Canada/Russia tickets for $80 each. Bit of pain though, it turns out you have to buy the tickets within 1 minute 30 seconds or it times out and you have start over. Had to do it a second time using the form autofill. It also turns out that you have to make sure you use either the will call or FedEx - Canada selection for delivery. I didn't realize the error until afterwards, and had to call the Buffalo Sabres to correct it. Apparently I wasn't the only and they had to fix the problem for a number of people.

This will be my second World Jrs. I went to the one in Hamilton in '86. That time I couldn't get the Canada/Soviet games (SRO) and had to settle for a fairly entertaining Canada/USA game which interestingly enough didn't sell out.

I'm actually surprised the Canada games and Gold Medal games aren't sold out yet.
There was also a print ticket option.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I would happily trade my 2 US vs Slovakia Tickets (good seats at the HSBC) for 2 Tickets to Russia vs Sweden at the Dwyer Arena but, based on the Stub Hub prices, it does not look like anyone would make that trade. :)

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Hi Pyke,

I am sure the Gold Medal Game and Canadian games being sold out is the least of the Sabres' worries. Those tickets will go. The rest... not so much.

How have the sales for the US games been?

:)

Seguins Dragon*

I live in Niagara Falls Ontario and I have the 'Silver' package - all the games at the HSBC. My girlfriend and I will be going to most of the games. Anything she can't attend will easily be filled with friends.

I don't know if I will attend many US Round Robin games - most likely blow outs.

Does anyone know how much I could get (if anything) for them on Stub Hub?

I never went stubhub but I sold all my USA tickets for 200$ (4 games, 2 tickets per game, 25$ per ticket= 200)

Sure I may have gotten more, but I am not a scalper, and it went to a younger guy (18-22) so I am happy I am sure he will enjoy the game.

Tachycineta

May 2, 2006
Gaithersburg, MD
I never went stubhub but I sold all my USA tickets for 200$ (4 games, 2 tickets per game, 25$ per ticket= 200)

Sure I may have gotten more, but I am not a scalper, and it went to a younger guy (18-22) so I am happy I am sure he will enjoy the game.

I always like hearing stories like yours. Scalping makes me sick, especially when it's above percentages dictated by the tickets. I'm sure you made his day.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Hi SeguinsDragons,

I may just give mine away as Christmas gifts. I think a lot of young people might jump at a chance to go to a World Juniors game - even if it is an American blowout.

On Day 1 I will be there for ALL 3 games with my GF. By the time we leave we will be sick of each other - if we aren't already. :)

May take a friend to Slovakia/Germany - Day 2.

On Day 3 I will try and trade my US/Slovakia tickets for Sweden/Russia - I will be curious to see if I have any success. I will throw in Switzerland-Finland to make the deal!

Day 5 may give the tickets as gifts and spend the day with my GF - snuggling. :)

The New Years Eve games will be a must go.

After that it is all playoff games. :)

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Yes... good for you SeguinsDragons for NOT scalping. Must have been tempting NOT to do the right thing. Selling them for face value is a Win-Win. :)

Seguins Dragon*

Yes... good for you SeguinsDragons for NOT scalping. Must have been tempting NOT to do the right thing. Selling them for face value is a Win-Win. :)

Hi SeguinsDragons,

I may just give mine away as Christmas gifts. I think a lot of young people might jump at a chance to go to a World Juniors game - even if it is an American blowout.

On Day 1 I will be there for ALL 3 games with my GF. By the time we leave we will be sick of each other - if we aren't already. :)

May take a friend to Slovakia/Germany - Day 2.

On Day 3 I will try and trade my US/Slovakia tickets for Sweden/Russia - I will be curious to see if I have any success. I will throw in Switzerland-Finland to make the deal!

Day 5 may give the tickets as gifts and spend the day with my GF - snuggling. :)

The New Years Eve games will be a must go.

After that it is all playoff games. :)

Yes, I am doing the same with some of the tickets, I am giving them as gifts to friends and such for ones I won't be able to sell.

I always like hearing stories like yours. Scalping makes me sick, especially when it's above percentages dictated by the tickets. I'm sure you made his day.

I hate scalpers so much... defiently have ruined many concerts\sporting events for me by buying all the tickets and jacking up the prices on people.

The way I looked at it was, I already made my initial investment for the event.. it was pricey, but I was cool paying what I did for the chance to see all the team Canada games... because its so close to me, if I was to do it another time, I would have to pay for travel\housing\book time off work... but because its so close to me, I just have to pay for the event itself really... so the money I put out was worth the oppertunity to attend all the games (watched every World JR for as long as I can remember, but never attended a game before)....

I saw this as a golden chance, and only way to truley secure tickets for all of Canada's games was buy a package...and so I did..:laugh:

Some of my buddies have started buying some of the games I won't go to either. I have already roughly sold off 8 games out of the 20 I have (all at same price of 25$, even a semi final game...lol)

I just want to see Canada, I mean... sure it would be cool to attend the USA, Sweden and such games, but it makes more sense for myself to re-coup any money I can for games. Like I said, not looking to profit, just selling them for what I paid

I mean, right now if I was to buy 2 tickets for all of Canada games + semi finals + gold medal it works out to 1130$ plus taxes and such... I paid 1022$ including taxes and such for 2 tickets for all the games at HSBC (20 games in total)...

I have sold 8 games (16 tickets) at 25$ each, works out to 400$... if I can sell 2 more games, I am more than happy, cut my costs in half by selling tickets I wasn't even going to attened... so if Canada makes it to the semi finals, that would be 6 games they played and about 45$ a ticket for myself to see them all (gold\bronze medal included)... not bad.

It really is a win-win scenario here... and it was great to see the young guy who bought the tickets for USA eyes light up when I gave it to him... it was like utter disbelief he was getting a pair of tickets for all 4 USA round robin games for 200$... He seemed really happy about it all.

I will admit, I was worried at first with the burden of selling the extra tickets, or if I could sell them or not...but it has really worked out well for myself, and those who took me up on it as well.

Pyke*

Hi Pyke,

I am sure the Gold Medal Game and Canadian games being sold out is the least of the Sabres' worries. Those tickets will go. The rest... not so much.

How have the sales for the US games been?

:)

No clue :P

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Hi SeguinsDragons...

I also bought the Silver Package. It wasn't cheap but, like you, I saw it as a once in a life time thing - I may never have a chance to attend the WJR's (30 minutes away).

In hindsight I could have waited and tried to buy singles/packages but I wasn't willing to take the chance and watch it sell out like it did in Ottawa.

Anyway, you/we can always make money in life... work an extra shift/job... but this, so close, so easy... we could be dead tomorrow. Gotta take a chance and live for today!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Seguins Dragon*

Hi SeguinsDragons...

I also bought the Silver Package. It wasn't cheap but, like you, I saw it as a once in a life time thing - I may never have a chance to attend the WJR's (30 minutes away).

In hindsight I could have waited and tried to by singles/packages but I wasn't willing to take the chance and watch it sell out like it did in Ottawa.

Anyway, you/we can always make money in life... work an extra shift/job... but this, so close, so easy... we could be dead tomorrow. Gotta take a chance and live for today!!!

Exactly KevyD, I have the exact same mentality as yourself. Was worried of sell out, and difficulty for gold medal game... I saw this as the best chance to garuntee I see EVERY game... so I took it.

That is cool you're from Niagara Falls, I am from St. Kitts... cheers to the Niagara Region my friend

:cheers:

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
I'm thinking about getting a pair of 300 section tickets for the Gold Medal game for 125-140 ish. Just wanted to see if you guys knew a site where I could get a better price/seats or if I should pick these ones up. Thanks a ton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad