OT: Ticket Thread - 2021/22 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFan0877

May 22, 2009
Boston, MA
They're basically just owning the fact that all pairs are gone, so if you're reaching out to your rep for help its not worth your breath.

What a completely botched rollout. Even if 80% of the rink is season ticket holders and there is 25% capacity, it is completely unacceptable that a large portion of season ticket holders are shutout from every single playoff games. Blaming COVID doesn't cut it.

Reactions: krog18 and 13Hockey

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I wonder if with 25% capacity the only way that they could meet the distancing requirement was to do it with more 4 seat pods. Whatever the reason it's a big Boo.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I’ve honestly never been happier to be disinterested in getting tickets to a playoff game....but I have to say, it does suck how they’re treating STHs. I mean, the bad treatment/poor rollout isn’t new or anything, but they should really consider how they treat their STHs. When you look at the Bruins calendar, so-to-speak, there’s not a TON of good years left. Combine that with attrition of long-standing fans due to COVID, and they may find they have more seats available than they really want next year.

Of course, if you look at the logistics, I can se how it’s tough to guarantee every STH a seat. If we’re at 25% capacity, then that means that all STHs who would normally get tix to 4 games in round 1 can now only get 1. That’s assuming 100% STH, which I know isn’t the case....but there’s also the problem of distancing people in appropriate groups.

I’m not surprised that they can’t guarantee tickets, but they should be profusely apologizing to those who can’t get in.

My time is at 6, but from what I’m hearing, it’s not even worth it to check my email.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Did anyone get any feedback from the Bruins claiming that there was a tech issue with TM.com? I'm seeing a bit of this in FB groups

MrMars

May 26, 2006
When I went in a noon there was not many pairs left but tons of 4 packs. They should of known this was going to be a issue before hand.

What they should of done is limit to 8 tickets per round instead of 2 per game. That way now someone could buy 2 games x 4 tickets each if they wanted too. Which would of avoided this whole mess.

Reactions: talkinaway

BruinsFan0877

May 22, 2009
Boston, MA
When I went in a noon there was not many pairs left but tons of 4 packs. They should of known this was going to be a issue before hand.

What they should of done is limit to 8 tickets per round instead of 2 per game. That way now someone could buy 2 games x 4 tickets each if they wanted too. Which would of avoided this whole mess.

This would have been a smart option. That way they give people choices. I have a buddy who would buy 2 sets of 4 for 2 games I could cover the other 2 games. I'm sure there are plenty of us who would be in a similar situation.

My rep isn't responding to my emails and their phone mailbox is full.

Playoff tickets is why I have season tickets. I sell some during the season but I never miss a playoff game I'm in town for. Maybe I'll get used to watching on TV this season. I'm not dealing with the insult of paying secondary prices unless the Cup is in the building.

Reactions: talkinaway

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
What's anyone surprised by this cluster?

on the ice it's a top tier operation

off the ice it's an embarrassment

krog18

Oct 18, 2019
I’m also assuming that the people with 3 seats are an issue and will require a 4 pod section
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe anyone with a greater than 2 ticket limit can buy pairs. Therefore, I think you have people with 4 season tickets having the ability to buy 2 pairs for each playoff game. Puts people with a 2 ticket limit at a serious disadvantage - not saying anyone is doing anything wrong because I would certainly buy in whatever quantities I wanted to if I had that opportunity. Overall, seems this whole thing wasn't well thought out but its not surprising and I really don't think they care.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Aren't those Row 1 seats in Loge 13 really expensive?

My seat mate can't sit in the smallish balcony seats so I had to look at Loge seats. Most of what showed as available were 4 pods and I only wanted a 2 pod. Only game I could pick up that worked location wise was Round 2 Home Game 1. Oh well my wallet will be a little happier this playoff season.
Yes, Row 1 on the glass is insanely expensive, taking the gamble that one way or another(hopefully for good reasons) that not all of these games are played and some of the $$ get refunded....to use in later rounds:yo:

Reactions: Ladyfan

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Playoff tickets is why I have season tickets. I sell some during the season but I never miss a playoff game I'm in town for. Maybe I'll get used to watching on TV this season. I'm not dealing with the insult of paying secondary prices unless the Cup is in the building.

I kept records over my brief 3 year tenure as a STH, and you’re 100% right. The two years we made the playoffs and I got tickets, I came out ahead of buying individual tickets, when you include a nominal fee for some of the STH perks. The 2019-2020 season, I think I was within 10 dollars of buying individual tickets - but that was excluding the premium games in March and April that got cancelled, AND with no playoffs. Even though playoff tickets are ridiculously expensive, I couldn’t find a better deal online than just buying my own seat as a STH.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Yes, Row 1 on the glass is insanely expensive, taking the gamble that one way or another(hopefully for good reasons) that not all of these games are played and some of the $$ get refunded....to use in later rounds:yo:

LOL I hope your gamble pays off but the Bruins love to play 6 or 7 game series.

Reactions: Ladyfan

TommyBruinsFan

Sep 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Has anybody had a 4 pod of tickets and been able to sell off just 2 of them? I know the B’s say you have to resell the whole pod when using their resale site, but can you break off two and sell on Stubhub, etc?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Has anybody had a 4 pod of tickets and been able to sell off just 2 of them? I know the B’s say you have to resell the whole pod when using their resale site, but can you break off two and sell on Stubhub, etc?

Unofficially the answer is yes you can sell 2 of 4. Morally you should not do that. Even with people getting vaccinated it’s not fair to the stubhub buyer that may not want to sit with other people because of Covid.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Take this with a grain of salt, as I haven’t really visited StubHub since 2020, but...I would think at BEST they would strongly discourage that. If I were a buyer, and I saw all the news coverage of “pods”, and I bought two tickets only to be seated right next to two strangers...I’d be pissed. I might even go all Karen and complain to the Bruins and to StubHub. And if the Bruins find a STH who is splitting pod seating...they might not like that much. Enough to cancel tickets, possibly.

Of course, this is speculation. But if you’ve only got 2 people who are going, and you’re buying a pod of 4, then find 2 more friends or acquaintances who explicitly know that they’ll be sitting next to strangers.

There’s a fairly clear expectation to me that the groups of 2 or 4 people you see on TV aren’t strangers. They’re either in the same household, are work acquaintances, or maybe “friendship pods”.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if with 25% capacity the only way that they could meet the distancing requirement was to do it with more 4 seat pods. Whatever the reason it's a big Boo.
They only did 2 rounds because if they advance they are hoping 50% capacity

they knew it would be a problem with 3600 accounts

My bud has 9 season tickets but was limited to 4

if you have 2 you get 2

my daughter went in at 10:01 and was already boxed out of our seats or close to them ~ kind of blows someone up behind me can grab them but overall I consider myself very fortunate

I got friends who went on at 12 and got squat or much inferior to their normal seats

Last edited:

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
They only did 2 rounds because if they advance they are hoping 50% capacity

they knew it would be a problem with 3600 accounts

My bud has 9 season tickets but was limited to 4

if you have 2 you get 2

my daughter went in at 10:01 and was already boxed out of our seats or close to them ~ kind of blows someone up behind me can grab them but overall I consider myself very fortunate

I got friends who went on at 12 and got squat or much inferior to their normal seats

I knew there was an 11:00 time slot but didn't know that there was an earlier one at 10:00 so the earlier time slots must of grabbed all of the Loge 2 pods that were available. My slot was 12:00 so by the time I got in there was not much of interest to me location wise for Round 1. I grabbed a pair of Loge on the shoot once end (my regular seats are on the shoot twice end) for Home Game 1 of Round 2. Then I had another pair in my cart on the shoot once end for Round 2 Home Game 2 but for $200+ for seats I was not thrilled with I threw them back in the pool and thought I would pick up a pair for Home Game 3 instead. That was a mistake. All I saw was 4 pods for that game and then when I went back to look at Home Game 2 there was nothing left in Loge and my seat mate can't sit in balcony so I settled on the one pair for Round 2.

I know other STH are upset but I give a slight pass to the B's because of the capacity limits they are forced to make work. I'm hoping for a playoff run that gets to Round 3 and hopefully Round 4 and a capacity increase.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I knew there was an 11:00 time slot but didn't know that there was an earlier one at 10:00 so the earlier time slots must of grabbed all of the Loge 2 pods that were available. My slot was 12:00 so by the time I got in there was not much of interest to me location wise for Round 1. I grabbed a pair of Loge on the shoot once end (my regular seats are on the shoot twice end) for Home Game 1 of Round 2. Then I had another pair in my cart on the shoot once end for Round 2 Home Game 2 but for $200+ for seats I was not thrilled with I threw them back in the pool and thought I would pick up a pair for Home Game 3 instead. That was a mistake. All I saw was 4 pods for that game and then when I went back to look at Home Game 2 there was nothing left in Loge and my seat mate can't sit in balcony so I settled on the one pair for Round 2.

I know other STH are upset but I give a slight pass to the B's because of the capacity limits they are forced to make work. I'm hoping for a playoff run that gets to Round 3 and hopefully Round 4 and a capacity increase.
They are hoping both for a round 3 & 4 and increase to 50%

my advice get in and go right for 4th round game 3&4

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Did the B's do anything to rectify the situation for people who got shutout yesterday trying to purchase ?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
They are hoping both for a round 3 & 4 and increase to 50%
my advice get in and go right for 4th round game 3&4

Excellent suggestion

The system broke when they allowed people with 4 seats the ability to buy 2 seats

Yes this.

I might make a suggestion to my rep to change that but I think it will go no further and fall on deaf ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad