OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Two Seats in Section 301, Row 7 to tomorrow nights game, face value, $148 per seat, PM me

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I told my 5 year old daughter if the Bruins make the finals, I'd fly her down with me from the Maritimes to see a game. As now we are through to the 2nd round, that distant promise is only 8 Wins away from being a reality. When/Where would be the best place to get tickets that doesn't negate investing in her going to university some day?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I told my 5 year old daughter if the Bruins make the finals, I'd fly her down with me from the Maritimes to see a game. As now we are through to the 2nd round, that distant promise is only 8 Wins away from being a reality. When/Where would be the best place to get tickets that doesn't negate investing in her going to university some day?

It can change year-to-year which outlet is the cheapest. This year, Ace Ticket seems to have the lowest get-in prices, both for the regular season and the playoffs. (Note: Some of those prices are the highest row balcony, and may be single seats, although groups of seats tend to be released by Ace, too.)

StubHub and TicketsNow (also known as TicketMaster resale) can occasionally have good prices, too. Just be sure to go all the way to the checkout (but before you put in credit card info), so you see the price including the fees. StubHub fees are 15% ($4.99 minimum). TicketsNow is 21.5%. StubHub is variable: 20-28%, plus $2.50 per ticket flat fee. Let them calculate it for you on each site, and compare for yourself which is best.

As far as the “when”...many STHs who resell on these markets choose “pay as we play”, meaning your card gets charged when a game is “locked in”. What that also means is that these STHs can’t sell or transfer their tickets until they’re paid for. So, if you’re looking for tickets to the Cup, many of them won’t hit the market until we win the ECF. Right now, SCF tickets are expensive because there aren’t that many - only the people who have paid for their ENTIRE playoff package (all 16 potential games!) can sell them. They may get cheaper. I do say “may”....because who knows.

And, as always, weekdays will inevitably be cheaper than weekends. But again...with the Cup, who knows.

Note that Ace Ticket and StubHub are not official resellers. I’d say 99% of the time, it works out fine. Ace literally has an office feet from the Garden. The 1% of the time a ticket doesn’t work, you theoretically should be able to call Ace or StubHub, and they guarantee either your money back (plus a bonus, I think), or to get you an equal or better seat. That DOES mean that you could wind up ticketless, but with your original money you spent refunded completely - but I think that’s a fairly rare instance.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
While there are ample seats on the secondary market for Game 1, I did want to post that I'm looking for a single for tomorrow's game if anyone's trying to unload one.

Would rather help someone out that needs to get rid of a ticket before buying from a reseller.

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
Seems like Cher really messed with everyone's schedules. A day in between series isn't enough time

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Seems like Cher really messed with everyone's schedules. A day in between series isn't enough time

That seems pretty standard to me, IMO...plus, actually, if anything, Cher on Sunday helped clarify our schedule. When the Leafs series was going to 7 games and there was no way to start the series early on Wednesday (which would be unlikely anyway), then the only reasonable way to fit two games in before Monday without back-to-backs was Thursday/Saturday.

A day between series is fine. It's our "punishment" for taking 7 games to win. And even if Sunday were available, there's no way our series was going to be on Friday/Sunday, with NBC and HNIC wanting a Saturday night game.

Plus, the games on Saturday seem to be pretty solidly above face, which is probably the result of, "Why would I want to go on Thursday when I can go on Saturday?" It also explains the reason for the low sales on Thursday.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I am selling 2 for tonight's Game 1.

Balcony 301 Row 6. $148 face will sell for $125 each. Send PM.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Ticket prices for the playoffs are insane now for ST. I can make sense of going to the 1st round games after that they jack up prices so much that its tough to make sense to go or even break even. Its only 2nd round and tickets are over TWICE the cost of my regular season ticket.

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine
Ticket prices for the playoffs are insane now for ST. I can make sense of going to the 1st round games after that they jack up prices so much that its tough to make sense to go or even break even. Its only 2nd round and tickets are over TWICE the cost of my regular season ticket.
So you’re saying that the price increases each round ~even for season ticket holders?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
So you’re saying that the price increases each round ~even for season ticket holders?

Prices went up about 50% Round 1 to Round 2.
Round 2 to Round 3 goes up about 30%.
Round 3 to Round 4 goes up about another 30%.

Even though it would be the conference finals I wonder if people will pay the high prices to see Carolina. And if B's get to the finals and it is Dallas or Colorado I have doubts also. A St. Louis or San Jose finals, at least in my opinion, will be a more attractive match up.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Yup, prices do go up each round - happens every year. The idea of it going up makes sense, but the amount it goes up is probably way too steep.

My seat was $61. Price each round for playoffs is $74/$111/$148/$185, so it's basically an extra 20% and 80% for the first two rounds, and 2.5x and 3x the price for the last two.

The first round is reasonable - worst seat in the house was a minimum of $142, averaged over the four home games - if you hit the lowest priced ticket on Ace. This round's average is only about $160 so far, and that's assuming you buy game 7 today, and that it's actually played. If there's no game 7, the average is $132 - an "savings" of $21 per ticket, but you're also committing to buying all 16 playoff tickets.

What's surprising to me is that the Bruins themselves offered their flash sale at a pretty low price for the last two games (game 1 and 2 of round 2). $100 and $125 respectively got you a "mystery balcony ticket". I'm definitely saving more on the first round than the second round - partly because of the higher prices, and partly because of Toronto.

The ECF pricing does seem a little high....but you're in the Final Four, so maybe non-hockey nuts start paying attention. The SCF pricing is a lot - but it's something that comes around on average every 16 years. If the pattern from the past 2-3 years is followed, the home games for the SCF would be all weekdays (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday), which won't exactly help resales...although it IS practically summer by then.

Overall, we're lucky this year. Toronto DEFINITELY boosts sales. And 3/8 of our games so far were Saturday night. Plus having at least one game 7. The ECF could be a bit of a bust if we make it - especially if it's Carolina instead of New York.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I know others have wrote this in the past but the Ticketmaster fees are out of control now
Don’t mind the price jumps but add on the fees per ticket, it should be a fee per transactions.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Selling Game 1 Face Value

Loge 16 Row 7

$530 for the pair

Cash only please
Hey we are practically neighbors

The seats near me on Stub Hub $549 per ticket section 17 row 3

A ticket agency owns them we get a wide range in those seats from Boomer Esiason to drunks who have to be removed

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm not that unhappy with pricing - but I'm looking more at replacement value (what I'd pay if I had to buy alone), rather than resale value. Cheapest ticket on Ace for Thursday is only $1 more than what I paid - but plus a 15% fee, which is about $20. Add to that the about 10 rows worth of difference, and it's worth it.

On the other hand, if I had to sell my ticket...I dunno. I could probably list it on TM for $185 and be close to guaranteed a sale. Minus the seller's fee, that's $165, meaning I take home only $20, with the risk of not being able to sell (or the reward if I'm more aggressive.)

I guess my tix are not a great business model if you're trying to make a ton of money in my spare time...but reasonable in terms of being able to recoup what I spent plus a little extra when I can't go. I think that's exactly what the Bruins are going for.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Loge season ticket game 1 ECFs weekday vs a no name team on short notice after paying for 2 rounds at nearly 2.5x the cost of the regular season were my absolute worst nightmare and why I dropped them.

You can't get your money back selling them. Your friends can't afford to go and give you cost for 1 ticket now they are over double a normal game. You can't afford to buy both and bring someone them since you've already attended a ton of playoff games. Etc etc etc. I talked to people who dropped their seats in 2009 and 2010 when we made 2nd round runs for this reason they said if we had gone one round longer they wouldn't have been able to pay so they had to drop the seats. Obviously that didn't work out well (thats who would hit me up and I sold some of mine to these folks during the peak.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad