Ticket/Attendance Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
It's funny, I guess maybe you'd call me that. But at the same time, I can guarantee you that I have a better understanding of both human immunology and the mRNA vaccine than you do.

FWIW, it would be more constructive if you'd approach people who disagree with you with an "I disagree with the decision you made but I'd like to understand your reasoning" approach vs belittling them and demeaning them - especially if they're more qualified and knowledgeable than you are. You might end up loking stupid when all you have to say is "yeah, but the experts say...."

As for the topic at hand, I'll let you guys know what happens to people like me who have been season ticket holders since day 1 who won't go along with this. TNSE is excluding at least 20% of their customer base, so we'll see how long it's sustainable for. Let's face it, the honeymoon has been over for a while and they were having problems filling the place pre-pandemic. Good luck on a frigid February Tuesday night vs a shit opponent.
It would be an easy decision for TNSE to make. Some proportion of people are going to be unhappy either way, so just pick the smaller group to make unhappy...and I imagine the smaller group in this case is so much smaller it's a no-brainer.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
So will players be exempt?
Players are the only people in the building that are exempt. A few beat writers have already confirmed this, via the NHL-NHLPA agreement.

Edit: actually I’m not sure about refs and coaching staff

Last edited:
Reactions: robertocarlos

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
how about you show your work rather then saying you have more knowledge on the subject. or maybe you can't because facebook post's aren't allowed
I'm not on Facebook.

What kind of work do you want to see? Absolute risk reduction numbers from the trials WRT severe covid outcomes in vaccinated vs unvaccinated (hospitalizations and deaths)? NNT? Risk vs benefit analysis for someone my age for covid vs AEs?

I'm assuming you've read the actual studies released by the mRNA manufacturers, both from last summer and the follow ups with 1.2 million people separated onto intervention and control arms. The really insightful stuff is in the supplementary material. But I'm sure you've already seen it.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
I'm not on Facebook.

What kind of work do you want to see? Absolute risk reduction numbers from the trials WRT severe covid outcomes in vaccinated vs unvaccinated (hospitalizations and deaths)? NNT? Risk vs benefit analysis for someone my age for covid vs AEs?

I'm assuming you've read the actual studies released by the mRNA manufacturers, both from last summer and the follow ups with 1.2 million people separated onto intervention and control arms. The really insightful stuff is in the supplementary material. But I'm sure you've already seen it.

Cool flex, bro.

jimsabo21

Jul 2, 2011
I'm double vaxxed. I'm OK with this. In the FAQ's, they also mention MASKS are MANDATORY for all events. Again, I completely understand this decision. That said, for me personally, I'd rather NOT attend a Jets game at $167 per seat and have to sit there with a mask on for three hours. I'M NOT ANTI MASK. I am just not willing to spend that kind of money to be somewhat uncomfortable for three hours when I can watch the game at home.

This is a tricky situation for True North. The 'FUN' of a game will be reduced. Am I obliged to pay my $167 per seat x4 for 41 games (as per my TPA) if the game day experience sucks? What if tickets become nearly unsellable in the secondary market due to these rules?

Again, I'm NOT an anti-masker. I just don't want to PAY so much money to not enjoy myself.

This is the exact wording if you click on the press release:

Furthermore, approximately 70 percent of guests felt it was important that staff and guests be required to wear masks at games or events. Accordingly, until further notice, we will require guests to wear masks while attending games or events at Canada Life Centre.

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
I'm not on Facebook.

You're wasting your breath. It doesn't matter how good your arguments are or how much evidence you have to support your arguments, you are not going to change anyone on the boards mind with facts.

The vaccine is required for the Jets games and, really, who cares? The people that go to games here are generally the same kind of people who are all rah rah covid passports and the people who are against passports most likely wouldn't be going to games in the first place. Nothing changes and it's an empty "win".

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Its not all dumb. I am against mandatory vaccine and mask policies in most instances. But in these instances, its a no brainer. 15,000 plus people in an indoor facility.......ya, there's no other way to do this.

Let's not forget the Delta variant...

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 1.17.21 AM.png

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Without being facetious, legally that's probably a trickier question to answer.

They are part of a PA (union) so denying them access to their workplace may be a more complicated legal matter. Now they may not be able to travel to and from the US without following current health regulations though.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It's funny, I guess maybe you'd call me that. But at the same time, I can guarantee you that I have a better understanding of both human immunology and the mRNA vaccine than you do.

FWIW, it would be more constructive if you'd approach people who disagree with you with an "I disagree with the decision you made but I'd like to understand your reasoning" approach vs belittling them and demeaning them - especially if they're more qualified and knowledgeable than you are. You might end up loking stupid when all you have to say is "yeah, but the experts say...."

As for the topic at hand, I'll let you guys know what happens to people like me who have been season ticket holders since day 1 who won't go along with this. TNSE is excluding at least 20% of their customer base, so we'll see how long it's sustainable for. Let's face it, the honeymoon has been over for a while and they were having problems filling the place pre-pandemic. Good luck on a frigid February Tuesday night vs a shit opponent.

I am fine with the policy but……

I will be curious to know if they take the strong arm approach on your season ticket package? If they don’t finesse this then they are losing more paying customers. That being said if you are part of a group that will be tougher to manage.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCsmyth

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
You're wasting your breath. It doesn't matter how good your arguments are or how much evidence you have to support your arguments, you are not going to change anyone on the boards mind with facts.

The vaccine is required for the Jets games and, really, who cares? The people that go to games here are generally the same kind of people who are all rah rah covid passports and the people who are against passports most likely wouldn't be going to games in the first place. Nothing changes and it's an empty "win".
Again i'll ask, why so against the vaccine? I don't think governments want to kill off all the people paying taxes. I did it because i don't want to go into a ICU and die and i don't like the thought of me passing it to someone else who dies. I have seen what happens to a 42 year old guy that gets this and i don't want any part of that or passing it on to someone else.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
They are part of a PA (union) so denying them access to their workplace may be a more complicated legal matter. Now they may not be able to travel to and from the US without following current health regulations though.
I gotta figure most , if not all the players have been vaccinated , especially sitting so close on the bench with all that constant spiting. :laugh:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I gotta figure most , if not all the players have been vaccinated , especially sitting so close on the bench with all that constant spiting. :laugh:

It will be interesting to see.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I am fine with the policy but……

I will be curious to know if they take the strong arm approach on your season ticket package? If they don’t finesse this then they are losing more paying customers. That being said if you are part of a group that will be tougher to manage.

Although the statements say the majority of the people that will be attending games say being vaccinated is important to them and they want this, it's still at this time a mandate from the gov't, so for now they have no choice.

IMO it would only become an issue if the gov't drops the requirement, which I don't see happening this season.

As for the "groups" , it will be up to the season ticket holder to find vaccinated people to share with.

** On a side note : a recent study found that people that don't get vaccinated are the same people that bang on the glass whenever the play comes by them . So a side benefit to the being vaccinated requirement. ;) **

Last edited:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Although the statements say the majority of the people that will be attending games say being vaccinated is important to them and they want this, it's still at this time a mandate from the gov't, so for now they have no choice.

IMO it would only become an issue if the gov't drops the requirement, which I don't see happening this season.

As for the "groups" , it will be up to the season ticket holder to find vaccinated people to share with.

** On a side note : a recent study found that people that don't get vaccinated are the same people that bang on the glass whenever the play comes by them . So a side benefit to the being vaccinated requirement. ;) **
:biglaugh:Ok i just spit my coffee all over myself, thanks alot . :laugh:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Quality comment at the end but I'd bet solid money that the home opener will have glass banging apes in attendance.

Look at the demographics of season ticket holders - predominantly middle aged (meaning probably 40 and up, skewed to the high end of middle age) and up males who are approaching the high risk category. There are of course exceptions, with a significant proportion not fitting that demographic but I'd guess that at 20% or less.

What I do find interesting is that not all season ticket holders got the survey, so they probably should have said the majority of the respondents indicated as much. But then who really tells the truth anymore? Remember, it's about ice quality. o_O

Reactions: blues10 and Cypruss

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011

I was going to say they were the one’s that yell “SHOOT!” every time the Jets have the puck in offensive zone. Or yell “Wooooooo!” after the fans chant True North during national anthem. But glass bangers also makes perfect sense. LOL

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Players and coaches are exempt and do not require to be vaccinated to enter the building.

My biggest question, and saddest part of this.....so I guess no children under 12 are allowed to go watch a Jets game any longer? No more family outings, no more taking your daughter who loves hockey to go see her hero's play the game. The Children are the real losers so far in this all.

I know a number of people. Vaxed who think this is great, Vaxed who think this is stupid, and a few unvaccinated who just mostly shrug it off and say much cheaper to buy beer from the vendor and watch on their TV.

I am not a season ticket holder, so don't have skin in the game per se....but have kids that I normally take to 2-3 games a year, so I guess will not be done this year.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Players and coaches are exempt and do not require to be vaccinated to enter the building.

My biggest question, and saddest part of this.....so I guess no children under 12 are allowed to go watch a Jets game any longer? No more family outings, no more taking your daughter who loves hockey to go see her hero's play the game. The Children are the real losers so far in this all.

I know a number of people. Vaxed who think this is great, Vaxed who think this is stupid, and a few unvaccinated who just mostly shrug it off and say much cheaper to buy beer from the vendor and watch on their TV.

I am not a season ticket holder, so don't have skin in the game per se....but have kids that I normally take to 2-3 games a year, so I guess will not be done this year.
I believe children are allowed? This is from the FAQ on Jets website:

“As of now, children will be permitted to attend games and/or events.”

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

upload_2021-8-12_9-30-7.png

Winnipeg Jets 2021-22 Season FAQs - Canada Life Centre

rymr66

Jun 6, 2011
winnipeg
I've shared half season tickets with my brother since the Jets came back. I felt incredibly lucky to get them and to get to so many games. On Saturday, I will get my second shot of the Pfizer vaccine and I will be fully vaccinated two weeks after that. However, after finding out that not only do people have to be fully vaccinated but that they have to wear a mask during the game has me very upset. As a result, I have decided that I will not attend a game or any other event at any of their venues as long as these discriminatory policies are in place. If we are fully vaccinated, we should not have to wear a mask to the game. If we all have to wear masks to the game, then people who are not vaccinated should also be allowed in. This is total BS.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCsmyth

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Thanks for the info....it still seems quite unclear. Children under 12 who are not vaccinated (obviously) - they are allowed to attend? Don't see that information in there one way or the other.

Hoping yes, but they don't touch on the under 12 crowd. The ones with no vaccine that have been in school all week with all the other kids and then entering the building.....Can't a child spread things just the same as an adult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad