News Article: THW: Red Wings’ Nedeljkovic Is the Top Goaltender in Detroit

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
to answer a silly question with another one I guess Fedorov wasn't an elite franchise Center then either huh?

Maybe deflection is a sign of someone trying walk things back now that they feel like a fool

Most of us know the reason Fedorov is not in the rafters. Yet my original question is still unanswered.

If the red wings have had a franchise elite goalie as you have said, I have no right to hope to experience 'for the first time' a franchise goalie in our current stock because we have in fact already had one. If indeed said goalie was the red wings franchise elite goalie and has that much hardware to their name. Just how is their jersey not retired?

Last edited:

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Are we really using Hasek in 2002 as an example of recent goaltending?

That was 20 years ago, people! The last time we had "elite" goaltending was Osgood in 2008/2009, which was 12 years ago. And before that it was Hasek in 2002, and before that it was what, Sawchuk? Hanlon? LOL.

I never said Hanlon was an elite goalie

Edited for gentleman like conduct

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Maybe deflection is a sign of someone trying walk things back now that they feel like a fool

Most of us know the reason Fedorov is not in the rafters. Yet my original question is still unanswered.

If the red wings have had a franchise elite goalie as you have said, I have no right to hope to experience 'for the first time' a franchise goalie in our current stock because we have in fact already had one. If indeed said goalie was the red wings franchise elite goalie and has that much hardware to their name. Just how is their jersey not retired?

because stupid questions deserve stupid answers

why haven't the Wings retired Hossa's number? I guess he was never elite either

why did Chicago never retire Bobby Orr's number? I guess that guy sucked too

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
because stupid questions deserve stupid answers

why haven't the Wings retired Hossa's number? I guess he was never elite either

why did Chicago never retire Bobby Orr's number? I guess that guy sucked too

Oh so Hossa''s one season and Hossa is now a "franchise" player for the red wings. Killing me dude keep it coming.

You can ask 10 people to name a red wing player and if any one of them says Hasek or Hossa I will print this thread out and eat it. Man franchise player has a low bar for you was Wendel Clarke also a red wings franchise player?

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I never said Hanlon was an elite goalie

Edited for gentleman like conduct
No, that wasn't directed at you, it was just an example of our prior goalies. I was actually thinking of Hall/Stefan from the 50s/60s as our last examples of elite goaltending.

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
Oh so Hossa''s one season and Hossa is now a "franchise" player for the red wings. Killing me dude keep it coming.

You can ask 10 people to name a red wing player and if any one of them says Hasek or Hossa I will print this thread out and eat it. Man franchise player has a low bar for you was Wendel Clarke also a red wings franchise player?

Man, I would’ve loved to have had Clarke 10 years before we did.

Reactions: Retire91

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
You guys can ignore me I am amped over some stuff at work today. If my posts weren't clear I wasn't meaning wings have not had elite goaltending, its been elite at time. But we don't have that franchise Roy or Brodure or 10 years of prime Hasek or even Luongo-ish type tending. I just don't consider Osgood or Hasek checking the box and if one of these up and comers can be our go to for 10+ years I will be thrilled.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Man, I would’ve loved to have had Clarke 10 years before we did.

If you look at a lot of the moves Ken Holland made, they were all just like 10 years too late.

Chelios, Samuelson, Ranford, Clarke, Nielson, Whitney, Verbeek, Wregget, Hasek, Cujo, Thomas, Lang, Schneider, Rafalski, Modano, Bertuzzi, Legwand, Cole, Zidlicky. They were all just 10 years too late.

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
You guys can ignore me I am amped over some stuff at work today. If my posts weren't clear I wasn't meaning wings have not had elite goaltending, its been elite at time. But we don't have that franchise Roy or Brodure or 10 years of prime Hasek or even Luongo-ish type tending. I just don't consider Osgood or Hasek checking the box and if one of these up and comers can be our go to for 10+ years I will be thrilled.

I understand what you're saying.

In my lifetime the Wings have not had a Brodeur, Roy, or even Luongo. Hasek was at the tail end of his career and played less than 180 regular season games for the Wings, so that wasn't exactly the same, although fun.

I haven't had an elite Wings goalie to cheer on for a decade the way Rangers fans did with King Henrik.

It would be really cool to have that at some point, as a big fan of the position.

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014

I mean you could have just led with that instead of being needlessly snarky and spared us all the pointless bickering that ensued. Nobody can argue with that. Hope work gets better for you.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

yeah I was mostly just taking issue with the idea that Hasek was some washed up old guy by the time he came here because he was 37 when he literally won the Vezina the season before

Reactions: Retire91

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I mean you could have just led with that instead of being needlessly snarky and spared us all the pointless bickering that ensued. Nobody can argue with that. Hope work gets better for you.

LOL forgive me I really got bent out of shape. Did some yoga and sipping some Gochi berry tea.

Reactions: TheClap and Bench

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad