Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
GD1-1.png

GD2-2.png

GD3.png

GD4.png

GD5.png

LINE UPS TO COME/SUBJECT TO CHANGE

LEHNER IS HAVING A BABY, NO LEHNER OK?!!....

DARLING GETS THE START

Last edited:

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
I'm really looking forward to Zibby and Lazar getting on the scoreboard. The potential of those two is great. A win against the Hawks at home is a bit of a statement game. Don't take us lightly and this is our rink.

BigBush*

Going to be a big game. I expect Ottawa to battle hard in this one and come out with a win.

I do wish Lehner was in nets, that guy just makes me feel like we should win every game. I think he's going to be a top 5 goalie in the NHL for the next decade. (no disrespect to Andy he's good to)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'm really looking forward to Zibby and Lazar getting on the scoreboard. The potential of those two is great. A win against the Hawks at home is a bit of a statement game. Don't take us lightly and this is our rink.

Definitely. Would bode extremely well for the confidence of the group knowing they've gone 6-2-1 against a stretch of some solid teams. Would make upcoming games easier knowing we can beat anyone.

Karlsson and Anderson need to have a big game for Sens to win. We also need Ryan to step up if this becomes a tight game where goals are at a premium and star players need to take over.

I really hope we win.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Going to be a big game. I expect Ottawa to battle hard in this one and come out with a win.

I do wish Lehner was in nets, that guy just makes me feel like we should win every game. I think he's going to be a top 5 goalie in the NHL for the next decade. (no disrespect to Andy he's good to)

It shouldn't be a disrespect to Anderson. Lehner has always been the heralded franchise goalie in the wings. We might be seeing that franchise goalie blossoming before our very eyes right now.

I too would have wanted Lehner to start cause he plays stellar in big pressure games but I also believe in Anderson after the great game he played against Chicago last time around. He's got this.

This is Anderson's first big test after stellar showing by Lehner yet again.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I dont understand why people like Lehner over Andy aside from the fact he came up in the organization and is younger. When i watch them i think its pretty clear Anderson is better.

BigBush*

I dont understand why people like Lehner over Andy aside from the fact he came up in the organization and is younger. When i watch them i think its pretty clear Anderson is better.

They've both looked equal to me. Like Ward said last night when two goalies are playing equal ill take the bigger one.
Maybe this is the stupid fan in me but I like Lehners demeanour. I could see Lehner telling Karlsson to smarten up if he's getting to offensive and not paying enough detail to defense

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Pretty clear?

.947 CLB
.897 NJD
.950 CLB
.950 TBL

.956 CHI
.903 COL
1.000 FLA
.919 NSH

How do you get pretty clear from that? I'm honestly curious. Lehner has stole us 3 games while Anderson really hasn't done much of the same. He's kept us in games but not so much as stole unless you wanna say the Florida one which I'll give you.

That's why I like Lehner more. He'll steal you tough games while Anderson would keep you in tough games. There's a difference. That's what separates the elite from the great. People love Lehner because of what he is and what he could become. It's no slight on Anderson at all, Lehner could be the best goalie we've ever had by a long-shot. He was excellent against Chicago though aside from that one gaffe.

I expect statement game from Anderson tomorrow.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The only real problem I have with lehner is rebound control. That is a problem a lot of young goalies have and will get better as he gets more experience. I would take Andy over him right now but both have been great

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Why are we still arguing about goaltenders?

- WE HAVE TWO VERY GOOD GOALIES, WHO ARE SIGNED LONG TERM AND AT A FRACTION OF WHAT OTHER TEAMS SPEND ON THE POSITION. -

There. End of argument. Case closed.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Pretty clear?

.947 CLB
.897 NJD
.950 CLB
.950 TBL

.956 CHI
.903 COL
1.000 FLA
.919 NSH

How do you get pretty clear from that? I'm honestly curious. Lehner has stole us 3 games while Anderson really hasn't done much of the same. He's kept us in games but not so much as stole unless you wanna say the Florida one which I'll give you.

That's why I like Lehner more. He'll steal you tough games while Anderson would keep you in tough games. There's a difference. He was excellent against Chicago though aside from that one gaffe.

I expect statement game from Anderson tomorrow.

Most of the games Lehner has played i thought the team played well in front of him. Same can not be said for the Anderson games. Save percentage is a very limited stat. Scoring chances against and save percentage on scoring chances is much better. Until someone starts keeping track of those stats ill refer to the eye test. As for Anderson not stealing games.... Hes arguable stole entire seasons for the senators and the avs. I feel confident in saying hes probably stole more games for the sens then any other goalie in franchise history

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Watched last game with Chicago, they are very winnable team in a moment. With little more puck luck we could take 2 points from that one, even with our mediocre performance.
So i hope for strong game. Less penalties.

Go Sens Go !!!

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Most of the games Lehner has played i thought the team played well in front of him. Same can not be said for the Anderson games. Save percentage is a very limited stat. Scoring chances against and save percentage on scoring chances is much better. Until someone starts keeping track of those stats ill refer to the eye test.

You'll be far-fetched to find anyone telling you Anderson faced tougher chances against. It's amazing how much youre grasping at straws now after making the poor remark of Anderson being clearly better.

Lehner has made 2-4 highlight reel saves already that has kept us in close games/not trail.

Both have been great. Lehner moreso than Andy but I expect Andy to match the Lehner's play as well, I don't see why not.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
You'll be far-fetched to find anyone telling you Anderson faced tougher chances against. It's amazing how much youre grasping at straws now after making the poor remark of Anderson being clearly better.

Lehner has made 2-4 highlight reel saves already that has kept us in close games/not trail.

Both have been great. Lehner moreso than Andy but I expect Andy to match the Lehner's play as well, I don't see why not.

I thought we were out played every game that Andy played aside from maybe the Chicago one. I thought we were competitive or the better team for all of Lehners games. Dont see how im grasping at straws. I've always said that i dont value save percentage that much as a stat because it doesnt reflect quality of shots faced. I even made a few threads on the behind the numbers board seeing if anyone keeps track of scoring chances data

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I thought we were out played every game that Andy played aside from maybe the Chicago one. I thought we were competitive or the better team for all of Lehners games. Dont see how im grasping at straws. I've always said that i dont value save percentage that much as a stat because it doesnt reflect quality of shots faced. I even made a few threads on the behind the numbers board seeing if anyone keeps track of scoring chances data

You thought Colorado and Florida outplayed us? Really? Reallllly? NSH game was very winnable until that wraparound goal, lol.

The only 2 wins Andy got were games we should have definitely won. COL played like **** and Florida is Florida, their best chance all game was shot from the slot. Most dull game all year.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
You thought Colorado and Florida outplayed us? Really? Reallllly? NSH game was very winnable until that wraparound goal, lol.

The only 2 wins Andy got were games we should have definitely won. COL played like **** and Florida is Florida, their best chance all game was shot from the slot. Most dull game all year.

You clearly did not watch the Florida game if you dont think they outplayed us. We gave up at LEAST 5 2 on 1 a few break away and some terrific opportunities. Colorado game i can give you because i think that one might be open to interpretation but Florida.. no chance

Heres a quote for the Florida pgt

I'm with you on this. The Senators did not play well, were outshot, and were lucky to get 4 points out of the 7 awarded for those 3 games. The good was excellent goaltending with .950 and .955 save percentages for the goalies. I looked at the shot locations and the Panthers had more in close opportunities than the Senators did. The Senators are a bubble team for making the playoffs. Lots of work to be done by the coaching staff to firm up the defensive play of this group, including cutting down on penalties.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I agree with the sentiment that this is a great GDT, MZ.

It almost makes up for that time you shot JFK in Dallas one fateful morning in late November, 1963.

... Almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad