GDT: Thursday, Nov. 14th, 2019; 8 games on tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Stars really starting to turn it on, even with the injuries to Hintz and Klingberg. If they can get them back soon and Benn starts getting it going they'll be real dangerous from here on out

Reactions: Devonator

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
in 2003, playing for Washington Jaromir Jagr scored 7 points during the first 35 minutes of play against Florida. After Jagrs 7th point the Capitals coaching staff benched Jagr for the remaining game, to show respect towards the Panthers.

Will the Oilers do something similar tonight? Or will they keep Connor playing every other shift per usual?

I think it’s respect to the Avs to keep playing McDavid a regular shift. They’re a wounded lion right now. Take a wounded lion lightly and you get eaten.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
in 2003, playing for Washington Jaromir Jagr scored 7 points during the first 35 minutes of play against Florida. After Jagrs 7th point the Capitals coaching staff benched Jagr for the remaining game, to show respect towards the Panthers.

Will the Oilers do something similar tonight? Or will they keep Connor playing every other shift per usual?
Unless they are up by 4 goals or more they will have to keep playing him.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
McDavid might just be taking that next step. The whole group might be. Like the uber-greats level that came before them.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I'm really starting to think the Oil can do some significant post-season damage

Hockey is played a lot tighter in the post season, oilers have had one of the easiest starts to the season. And are now facing teams injury plagued. Shut down that top line and they have nothing. Might win a series but won’t go deep

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019
I have no idea how the Oilers are doing this. Besides Leon and Mcjesus its a pretty mediocre group. Kudos to them

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
I have no idea how the Oilers are doing this. Besides Leon and Mcjesus its a pretty mediocre group. Kudos to them
Great goaltending, decent defence and it's basically up to the bottom 6 to just not bleed goals when McDrai aren't on the ice. Will be nice if the bottom 6 ever decides to start chipping in some goals every now and then.

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019
Great goaltending, decent defence and it's basically up to the bottom 6 to just not bleed goals when McDrai aren't on the ice. Will be nice if the bottom 6 ever decides to start chipping in some goals every now and then.

I’m interested in seeing if the goaltending holds up. Have Koskinen and Smith been splitting up the games?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
You might be right. Either way, don't think he's the only nauseous one in RangersTown right now.
Meh this isn't the first time they've been clobbered this season. They'll come back stronger the next several games. Half the roster is 21-years-old or younger, so these bad starts like tonight can really snowball out of control. Chytil and Buchnevich looked great again, which might be more important than the outcome. Not to mention Zibanejad is still out.

I mean when you look at the amount of kids they have and the minutes they're playing...

Kako (18) --:--
Chytil (20) 14:22
Andersson (21) 11:44
Lindgren (21) 16:47
Howden (21) 16:18
Hajek (21) 19:48
Fox (21) 20:26
Lemieux (23) 13:25
Georgiev (23) 26:42
DeAngelo (24) 16:43
Buchnevich (24) 9:24

Last edited:

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
McDavid/Drai = The offense
The other 3 lines aren't being severely outplayed or leaking a ton of goals = bonus
D is holding up, nothing special but they haven't been bad
Goaltending has been solid for the most part

A few tweaks at the TDL and I think they can be a legit player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad