GDT: Thursday 4PM: Coyotes @ Sabres

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Gormley gets beat wide with speed so often. That was pathetic. How did he get picked so high with such poor footspeed?

He was actually a top 5 talent that suffered a major knee injury. Not really all that different from the Murphy pick.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
He was actually a top 5 talent that suffered a major knee injury. Not really all that different from the Murphy pick.

Was he slow as molasses before the injury? Murphy always had all the tools and solid hockey smarts, he just couldn't stay healthy. Gormley has great hockey IQ but god he's slothful. I remember him falling, I wonder if his awful speed was why.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I remember him falling, I wonder if his awful speed was why.

He fell due to his injury, and was a great value where he was picked. Players bust. Give him an offseason (if he even is a Coyote by the end of it) with a properly good skating coach and see what you've got. Smarts are obviously there.

ruff22

May 5, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Idiot Gionta! That just shows you, if there is one team that you could catch in this situation it's Buffalo. Even if you get the extra point, life has been given when it should have been snuffed out.

That is the Buffalo way.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
The Hanifin joke is getting a little old, guys. There's a dude named Jack Eichel between McDavid and Hanifin, just saying.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
HanifinNoah.jpg

460777728.jpg

Hanifin_medium.jpg

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
He fell due to his injury, and was a great value where he was picked. Players bust. Give him an offseason (if he even is a Coyote by the end of it) with a properly good skating coach and see what you've got. Smarts are obviously there.

He's looked slow since we drafted him, at least since his first prospect camp. If he hasn't been to a properly good skating coach yet then this organization is a joke. The excusable since maloney had such a limited scouting budget but I have a hard time believing just his injury dropped him when his skating is this poor.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The Hanifin joke is getting a little old, guys. There's a dude named Jack Eichel between McDavid and Hanifin, just saying.
Then the jokes on you apparently because Hanifin is literally the most likely scenario at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad