Thursday 1/16 Brooklyn Gathering

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Hey all,

A few of us (enigmatic, strummergas, me) are organizing a Brooklyn gathering to watch (while drinking, probably) the Isles at Lightning next Thursday in Downtown Brooklyn, exact location TBD.

So, let us know if you're in, and we'll figure out a place!

Isles Fan

Sep 12, 2006
Well if Strummergas is out then I'm def in....:razz:

Seriously, thanks for the invite and will look at my schedule. Next week is a busy one for me. It would be nice though to put some faces with posters.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
If I kick this sinus infection, and work a NYC day, I'll drop in for a beverage or 5 on the way home..

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Ill try and come out.. cool spot on lafayette which is 2 blocks from barclays

(Mulaneys) The bartender is an Islander fan. Cool dude!

Also hit up the smoke shop across the street, best damn brisket sandwiches ever!

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Ill try and come out.. cool spot on lafayette which is 2 blocks from barclays

(Mulaneys) The bartender is an Islander fan. Cool dude!

Also hit up the smoke shop across the street, best damn brisket sandwiches ever!

do they have the games (and sound) on at mulaneys?

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
do they have the games (and sound) on at mulaneys?

It's actually called Mullane's - it's where Strummer and I met for the pivotal Montreal game last year. It's a relaxed place. So long as we could find bar seating, I'm sure there would be no problem getting the game.

The good news is that Champions League soccer isn't happening this month, so we're not in danger there. The bad news is "no" to the sound and there isn't a whole lot of bar seating. If there were 6-7 of us, we'd take up nearly the whole bar. Also, the Rag$ are playing at the same time, but with the NYI fan bartender, that shouldn't be a problem.

It's also mad convenient for me. :D

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
if williamsburg isnt that out of the way for people, i propose we find a good bar there so we can goto the meatball shop for dinner first....it is amazing!!!

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
if williamsburg isnt that out of the way for people, i propose we find a good bar there so we can goto the meatball shop for dinner first....it is amazing!!!

I love Williamsburg... Just not that part. :D

Seriously, though, I'm good there so long as there's a bar to watch the game. I don't know sports bars in W-burg.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I love Williamsburg... Just not that part. :D

Seriously, though, I'm good there so long as there's a bar to watch the game. I don't know sports bars in W-burg.

Redd's Tavern on Grand! Not necessarily a sports bar, but depending on what other sports are on that night (basketball, I guess), we may be able to get sound too. But I think around Barclays would be best.

If there's going to be a bunch of us, Cherry Tree might be best.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Redd's Tavern on Grand! Not necessarily a sports bar, but depending on what other sports are on that night (basketball, I guess), we may be able to get sound too. But I think around Barclays would be best.

That's more like it.

If there's going to be a bunch of us, Cherry Tree might be best.

I agree.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY

Thing with Williamsburg is alot of bars I go to play sports but if its a west coast 10pm game they usually switch to movies. Last night every TV had the Heat/Nets game on and they werent going to switch it to an Islander game cause everyone was watching the Heat game. I didnt want to be That guy.

Though I loved it when the Redsox won the world series, the place was packed with Sox fans and the minute the final out was made the bartender shut it off and put on Pee Wee's Big adventure LMAO It was classic!!!

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Bumping this thread after a thoroughly enjoyable win. All are welcome on Thursday night. At the rate this team is going, we'll all have a very good time.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
So we're all set EXCEPT for the place.

Are we set on Cherry Tree? 65 4th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217.

Also if you plan on coming, please PM me with your email address by tomorrow (if you get email on a smartphone) or cell phone number just in case we need to pivot within that neighborhood for whatever reason.

Just getting this out of the way now: I'm the short guy with the Davy Jones hair and the full beard, and I am not a hipster. I do not own a fedora.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
last call for tomorrow.......we are going to make alternative plans from cherry tree if no one else wants to come....up to you...willl be fun

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
can't do it guys.. sorry.. another time.

You single people enjoy your free time.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad