Post-Game Talk: Thurs. Oct 27th 2016 | Coyotes 5 @ Flyers 4

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The third line looked good last game & it's already broken up to shoe horn Bellemare back into a bigger role than he deserves. :laugh:

:help:

Cousins has a good game back at center, the 3rd line has a good game, and even scores a goal. PEB continued to do nothing, be it at 3C or 4C. So, it dos make total sense that PEB goes immediately back to 3C and Cousins gets scratched. I hate to say it, but you're probably right. All of VDV-Gordon-Weise are healthy, and it's the fact that Weise is on that line that worries me. They aren't scratching him.

What are they thinking? ARE they thinking?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
:laugh:@ the bolded

yeah the Hawks game was a tough watch no doubt.
do we see these pairings when MDZ gets back?

MDZ-Ghost
Provorov-Gudas
Streit-Manning

Schultz

AMAC riding the buses in the AHL.

Yeah, that's the top 4 that needs to happen (and honestly I'm excited to watch that because I like/trust all 4 of those guys).

And to echo what Rebel said, don't give a damn about the bottom pair since it's going to be some combo of Streit, Schultz, and Manning. No matter what it's gonna suck.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Since when was Lyubimov on the 3rd line?

It's so confusing. It really could go either way. We know Laughton isn't playing though, and Raffl might very well not either. It's unknown. So Cousins cold be taking line shifts with two recuperating players. We know Weise wouldn't get scratched, and he's with Gordon, who was just scratched, and VDV, who wouldn't be scratched until we have a fully healthy team. Read isn't being scratched. Lyubimov has played well, it could be a reward. What PEB did to go back to 3C is beyond baffling. What Cousins did to get another scratch is beyond baffling.

These lines make no sense at all, and I am struggling to read into them.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
these might be my favorite posts ever.

Lets honest here, there's a solid list of things that the dead bird would/wouldn't do that would be an improvement over MacDonald.

So to start with the ones previously mentioned:

-Dead birds don't back into the zone so fast that it looks like they're trying to win a race to the goalline against the forward

-Dead birds don't stand in the crease, restricting the goalies movement

-Dead birds don't make a tape to tape pass to the opposing forward and then let him go in all alone against the goalie

-Dead birds don't try to skate back and forth behind their own net in an attempt to juke the opponent... and then immediately turn over the puck to that same opponent

-Dead birds don't hold the puck too long in the offensive zone instead of making the smart move and passing it to their insanely talented offensive defensemen partner

-Dead birds don't crosscheck a forward in the back, after the whistle, causing them to fall on top of the dead birds goalie teammate.

-Dead birds don't ALWAYS PLAY THE DAMN SHOT INSTEAD OF TRYING TO PREVENT THE PASS when backing in on a 1v2 rush

-Dead birds don't take up $5,000,000 in cap space

-Dead birds don't unite an entire forum of people in hatred, when normally these people can't unanimously agree on anything.

-And lastly, dead birds don't play so ****ing bad that they make people wish they were replaced with a dead animal, only semi-jokingly.

And in an effort to be fair, MacDonald is better than the dead bird when it comes to:
-skating
-harder shot

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Was Schultz with Ghost?

Not a huge fan of that combo, (I'd rather see Ghost-Streit or Ghost-Gudas) but if it's just a placeholder for MDZ-Ghost then I understand it more.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Was Schultz with Ghost?

Not a huge fan of that combo, (I'd rather see Ghost-Streit or Ghost-Gudas) but if it's just a placeholder for MDZ-Ghost then I understand it more.

That's what it appears. I'm very down with MDZ-Ghost, and have been wanting that all offseason. I still don't like Provorov with Streit, which already failed once, and Gudas with Manning just seems like a waste with a full lineup. Gudas is awesome, and the pair did fine together last season, and Manning has been a bit better, but still, I'd rather see Gudas with Provorov. The fact that they bothered to switch those 4 around, despite solid play (those 2 pairs weren't the reason for recent losses), makes me skeptical they'll do that with MDZ back. Nothing is stopping them from doing it now.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well this really sums up last night, doesn't it?

636132079623938461-jl-flyers-2-102716-11.JPG

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Lets honest here, there's a solid list of things that the dead bird would/wouldn't do that would be an improvement over MacDonald.

-Dead birds don't back into the zone so fast that it looks like they're trying to win a race to the goalline against the forward

-Dead birds don't make a tape to tape pass to the opposing forward and then let him go in all alone against the goalie

-Dead birds don't try to skate back and forth behind their own net in an attempt to juke the opponent... and then immediately turn over the puck to that same opponent

-Dead birds don't hold the puck too long in the offensive zone instead of making the smart move and passing it to their insanely talented offensive defensemen partner

-Dead birds don't crosscheck a forward in the back, after the whistle, causing them to fall on top of the dead birds goalie teammate.

-Dead birds don't ALWAYS PLAY THE DAMN SHOT INSTEAD OF TRYING TO PREVENT THE PASS when backing in on a 1v2 rush

-Dead birds don't unite an entire forum of people in hatred, when normally these people can't unanimously agree on anything.

-And lastly, dead birds don't play so ****ing bad that they make people wish they were replaced with a dead animal, only semi-jokingly.

And in an effort to be fair, MacDonald is better than the dead bird when it comes to:
-skating
-harder shot

One more for the list:

A dead bird doesn't take 3 seconds before making up his mind to shoot, then blast away straight into the shinpads of the defender.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

-skating
-harder shot

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Post of the century, buddy - you have just won the internet :handclap:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Don't worry, this guy is available for a midseason call-up - he's NHL ready. Undrafted free agent Larry Bird. Played minor hockey with the Portland Winterhawks.

_50699974_010940208-1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad