GDT: Through the Looking Glass and What Jimmy Saw There | PIT @ CAR | 7:00 PM | PNC Arena

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

Just mere months ago, little Jimmy Rutherford stepped through the looking glass and entered Wonderland, a place that all GMs dream of, where there's no internal salary cap, where 1st rounders can be traded off willy nilly, and where one buys a bottom pairing d-man at the trade deadline just because. Now, Jimmy's Wonderland meets reality as the Pens face off against the Canes tonight at PNC arena.

Lineups

:canes

#12 E. Staal (C) - #11 J. Staal (A) - #14 Gerbe
#53 Skinner - #49 Rask - #16 Lindholm
#25 Terry - #20 Nash - #28 Semin
#24 Malone - #18 McClement - #15 Nestrasil

#65 Hainsey (A) - #27 Faulk
#26 Liles - #41 Biega
#47 Jordan - #7 Murphy

#30 Ward
#31 Khudobin

Scratches: #39 Dwyer (Healthy); #73 Bellemore (healthy); Hillen (concussion); #62 Rissanen (knee)

:pens

#26 Winnik - #87 Crosby (C) - #39 Perron
#14 Kunitz (A) - #16 Sutter - #17 Comeau
#13 Spaling - #40 Lapierre - #23 Downie
#19 Bennett - #27 Adams -

#7 Martin - #58 Letang
#51 Pouliot - #12 Lovejoy
#4 Scuderi (A) - #28 Cole

#29 Fleury
#1 Greiss

Scratches: #71 Malkin (lower body); #72 Hornqvist (undisclosed); #9 Dupuis (blood clot); #3 Maatta (upper body)

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Thanks Discipline Daddy. I do my darndest. Oh and just a reminder everybody - in recognition that this will be an away game at PNC, the Canes will be wearing away whites tonight while the Pens wear their home darks (alas, not the '90s throwback thirds that have all the newjack Pens fans aflutter with visions of 1991)

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Garnet - are you serious? Do you seriously mean to suggest that the Pens are once again requesting to wear their home jerseys in our arena? On one hand I would prefer we see the colored jerseys at home, but it feels a bit bush league to let the opposing team choose the jerseys for two separate games.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Garnet - are you serious? Do you seriously mean to suggest that the Pens are once again requesting to wear their home jerseys in our arena? On one hand I would prefer we see the colored jerseys at home, but it feels a bit bush league to let the opposing team choose the jerseys for two separate games.

I'm serious but I'm under the impression (and TBH not sure where I got said impression) that this would have been our request (perhaps to temporarily boost sales of the new aways since we're still only two seasons into the New Storm designs). Honestly though if the Pens do the expected and ditch their current home/away set for a set based on the current thirds, I wouldn't be surprised to see them ask for a swap again next year for the purpose of marketing them to the Pens fans down here. Personally I'm not a fan. I like the Vegas Gold for the Pens rather than the yellow gold look the Steelers and Pirates sport.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
I personally want to thank all Rangers, BlackHawks, and Penguins fans for giving our undeserving organization lots of money.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
We're pretty much set on the 5th spot. CLB has 10 points more than the Canes and given how badly Toronto is tanking, the Canes are catching them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3