Three Stars Game 12 @ NJD

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
You're fine, and it's a good question.

My answer to the question is: kind of.

Over the past 12 regular season games and 6 playoff games against Chicago, he has 12 goals. Which is great. He's showing off his amazing wrist shot and he's playing better defensively than ever before. He does look good.

However, he needs to do this for a longer period of time before I buy into the hype. He has heated up and cooled down in the past, so until he proves that this is the real him, I must say that I'm waiting for that to happen again. But hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

Haha, I'm here all week folks. :D
Definitely understand where you're coming from. I'm not really a fan of this 'a star is born' talk that is going around town. He's been unbelievable this year and last playoffs, and I honestly get excited when the puck is on his stick, but the 50 goal talk is premature. I'd like to see him hit 30 first(which he almost certainly will if he stays healthy).

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Definitely understand where you're coming from. I'm not really a fan of this 'a star is born' talk that is going around town. He's been unbelievable this year and last playoffs, and I honestly get excited when the puck is on his stick, but the 50 goal talk is premature. I'd like to see him hit 30 first(which he almost certainly will if he stays healthy).
Yeah exactly. And that's why I say he's being overrated. I don't like being the one that always sounds pessimistic about him, but I just don't like when people throw around 40-50 goal projections like it's a walk and a park. Do people realize how hard it is to score that much in this league? He's a good player but there's a VERY small portion of superstars in this league. Putting Tarasenko into that group that contains the likes of Stamkos, Malkin, Crosby, etc is so premature and makes me cringe. Those are the real stars. He's nowhere near that level yet, if he ever gets there.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
While putting Tarasenko with the super stars is ridiculous, I think where he is right now is for real. He may slow down but it is not the certainty like it was was when Steen got hot last season.

Steen was getting lucky and had everything going in if he got it anywhere near the goal. Tarasenko's Shooting % right now is only 15% which is far from ridiculous. He is creating chances individually in a way that Steen never was.

OCTA8ON*

Yeah exactly. And that's why I say he's being overrated. I don't like being the one that always sounds pessimistic about him, but I just don't like when people throw around 40-50 goal projections like it's a walk and a park. Do people realize how hard it is to score that much in this league? He's a good player but there's a VERY small portion of superstars in this league. Putting Tarasenko into that group that contains the likes of Stamkos, Malkin, Crosby, etc is so premature and makes me cringe. Those are the real stars. He's nowhere near that level yet, if he ever gets there.

Are Max Pacioretty and Joe Pavelski among the likes of Stamkos, Malkin, and Crosby? Does anyone consider them to be superstars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille