Three Stars Game 12 @ NJD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Tara Petro Allen seems pretty cut and dry Petro is arguable I suppose but he had a really good game. NBC announcers were saying his name as much as Tanks.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Allen
Tarasenko
Ott

I gave the 3rd star to Ott cause I thought he played pretty well and made some good plays in the defensive zone.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
So the Blues Boards three stars of the month were

1. Tarasenko
2. Schwartz
3. Elliott

Sound right for how everything actually went in October?

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
From now on we should just vote for two stars with the understanding that Tarasenko is the other.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Tarasenko - doing it on his own to win.
Allen - help from the defense (and Ott, yay!)
Pietrangelo/Lehtera - a big reason why Allen was so good, IMHO, and both had help in getting the winning goal.

Need more from:
Lindstrom, Backes (understandably)

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Allen is the clear #1 from last night with Tarasenko #2.

I gave the third star to Pietrangelo

I had a tough time choosing between Allen and Tarasenko for number one. I gave it to Tarasenko not just because of the goal but because of his awesome chances he had that were set up by himself and the great shot block he had.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Okay, so this is probably something I should already know, but how is this working again? Are we just counting the number of times a player has been one of the three stars?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Okay, so this is probably something I should already know, but how is this working again? Are we just counting the number of times a player has been one of the three stars?

Player with the most votes gets the 'first star', and 3 points. Second most gets two points, third most gets a point, and we're keeping a running total of points earned for the season.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Player with the most votes gets the 'first star', and 3 points. Second most gets two points, third most gets a point, and we're keeping a running total of points earned for the season.

Ah, okay. Thank you.

I like this a lot and I think it's something we should continue to do for as long as possible.

PeterAngelo

Feb 26, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I like this a lot and I think it's something we should continue to do for as long as possible.

Me too, and I think it is something that is now established enough (people asking for it in the GDT) that it will stick. I guess the test would come if the team went into a little bit of a dive at some stage.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Kind of alarming that Steen hasn't been in the discussion for a star really much at all.

I don't think so. He's been good. So has Bouwmeester, but he's not up there. A dude who is reliably top 5 or 6 is still doing great, and both of those guys have been.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Kind of alarming that Steen hasn't been in the discussion for a star really much at all.

The thing about 3 stars is there's definitely a bias towards scorers and goalies for the most part. Steen has been fine in the corners this year, but he's taking shots that he really shouldn't and has not been very good on the point for the PP this year.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Sill think Tarasenko is overrated? I know that sounds like hindsight "told you so" jab but I'm actually asking an honest question, no ill intent.
You're fine, and it's a good question.

My answer to the question is: kind of.

Over the past 12 regular season games and 6 playoff games against Chicago, he has 12 goals. Which is great. He's showing off his amazing wrist shot and he's playing better defensively than ever before. He does look good.

However, he needs to do this for a longer period of time before I buy into the hype. He has heated up and cooled down in the past, so until he proves that this is the real him, I must say that I'm waiting for that to happen again. But hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

Buzz Killington over here.
Haha, I'm here all week folks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad