Larry Brooks: Three Rangers file for salary arbitration

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Why not? He's only asking for less than $250,000 more. $14 million for three years would be fair.

Right, but thats arbitration so a 1 year deal.. He's probably over 5M on a 3-4 year deal because the market's worth for him.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Is there an update on the situation with Brassard yet? When does it get resolved? Is the arbitration hearing today?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Grabovski got $5M per as a group III.

Little and Gagner are getting $5M per in their group III years. Little is getting $4.75M per this and next before getting $5M per in the last 2. All group III years.

First season salary in the low $4M range. Play around with the numbers in 2 or 3 group III years. High $4M. $5M. $5.5M. As long as the cap hit is under $5M. That's how the Little and Gagner contracts were structured.

Brassard has fewer points per game than all of those players.

That's a lot of money. Brassard can sign another lucrative contract in 3-4 years.

John Moore is a Newport Sports client. Wade Arnott. The Rangers should be able to work something out with them.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
If they can sign Brassard for 5M or under, that still probably put Stepan around 6 next year which is where I thought he would be anyway on a long term deal. They may not feel they want to invest that in Brassard yet though.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
What leverage does the kid even have? Just waiting it out at this point?

I honestly think Conor Allen is a better dman than John Moore right now, and going forward.

He has none, so that's why its not a big deal, if he wants to much, or holds out, then we just play Allen on the 3rd pairing like you said.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Has there been any contract demands leaked? Rangers already QO'd Moore, so he's at least getting a minimal raise, which I don't think he deserves. Unless Sather is really taking the screws to him, I don't understand the waiting game.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
We might not think so, because of how we view salary numbers, but $100,000 here and there is a pretty big deal for someone getting whatever contract he'll end up with/someone his age.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I'm not sure Moore can even accept the QO offer now--I thought I saw that they expired a couple of weeks ago.

As for negotiations: there are none, since Moore has no leverage. He doesn't sign, he loses his spot in the lineup. Wonder if the organization will force him to sign a two year contract?

The good news is there's plenty of time for Moore to sign on the dotted line.

Last edited:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I'm not sure Moore can even accept the QO offer now--I thought I saw that they expired a couple of weeks ago.

As for negotiations: there are none, since Moore has no leverage. He doesn't sign, he loses his spot in the lineup. Wonder if the organization will force him to sign a two year contract?

The good news is there's plenty of time for Moore to sign on the dotted line.

Yeah, I was actually going to ask that myself about the QO. I thought they expired but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I can't see this getting done until camp is about to start. There's just no incentive for either side to move until then. From what I've read, it seems Moore's camp would obviously want more money than his QO along with a one year deal since that would make him arbitration eligible next year while the Rangers side would prefer the two year bridge deal. I can't see him holding out since he could easily lose his spot if he does with the amount of depth the Rangers have but I also don't see it getting done before September.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Yeah, I was actually going to ask that myself about the QO. I thought they expired but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I can't see this getting done until camp is about to start. There's just no incentive for either side to move until then. From what I've read, it seems Moore's camp would obviously want more money than his QO along with a one year deal since that would make him arbitration eligible next year while the Rangers side would prefer the two year bridge deal. I can't see him holding out since he could easily lose his spot if he does with the amount of depth the Rangers have but I also don't see it getting done before September.

As long as Moore signs by camp, that's fine by me. Very little gets done in August (except perhaps signing a college grad or two).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad