Three Finns aiming to take the next step. Who will score most 21-22?

Who scores most points this season? Put more accurate guesses in the comment section.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Next step? Laine has had a 40+ goal season and the year before his disaster year in Columbus he had 63 points in 68 games and 3 points in his lone Jets game of 20-21.

"Next step" in all around game, sure. If Laine puts up 70 that's about as expected. Maybe a little better depending on his supporting cast.

convenient how you just skipped over his 50 points in 82 games season in between those two as well

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Kakko is so hard to predict. His pre-NHL play was better than Puljujärvi and about equal to Laine and his style feels like a good fit to the league. I don't really understand why it has been so hard for him to score so I am hoping he really starts getting points this year. I still voted Laine, but I don't see anyone as a clear favourite

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Puljujarvi cause he plays with McDavid to start the year. Laine is the most talented but lacks the supporting cast to really rack up points

I'll go with the guy who will have the most ice time and opportunity in Laine.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think some are underrating the effect of the PP on point totals. Puljujarvi and Kakko have a good chance at being better 5v5 players than Laine but neither are going to be main cogs on the top PP unit like Laine will be. Draisaitl, McDavid, Barrie and Panarin, Zibanejad, Fox are going to get the majority of the PP points on the Oilers and Rangers. I’d bet Laine will get at least 10+ more PP points than either, which will be hard to make up for the others at ES.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I think some are underrating the effect of the PP on point totals. Puljujarvi and Kakko have a good chance at being better 5v5 players than Laine but neither are going to be main cogs on the top PP unit like Laine will be. Draisaitl, McDavid, Barrie and Panarin, Zibanejad, Fox are going to get the majority of the PP points on the Oilers and Rangers. I’d bet Laine will get at least 10+ more PP points than either, which will be hard to make up for the others at ES.

Looks like Pulju will be a big part of Oilers PP. He looks good as a net-prescence and is hard to move. He also makes space for McDrai, so I`m betting on him getting more minutes as the season goes on.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Kakko gone pointless first 3 games, Puljujarvi has started hot and Laine started decent too. It's early, but Kakko might not light up this season after all.
Basically pointless after first 2, he got hurt in the first period of last game and only played 6mins.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Looks like Pulju will be a big part of Oilers PP. He looks good as a net-prescence and is hard to move. He also makes space for McDrai, so I`m betting on him getting more minutes as the season goes on.

Something to watch for sure. I thought Hyman would at least get the early jump there. I still wouldn’t expect big totals for the net front guy, but if he plays top unit all year it should lessen some of Laine’s likely PP advantage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad