Three Finns aiming to take the next step. Who will score most 21-22?

Who scores most points this season? Put more accurate guesses in the comment section.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
I'm having tough time putting them in order for this season and all of them have looked promising during preseason after struggling some in their recent years.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
I’d be quite shocked if it’s kakko. The other two will be close because of the meds if effect. Will follow this

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Laine's still the most proven player here, I'm pretty sure Columbus picked up Voracek to give him someone with experience to play with. I think he'll have a bounce back season and that'll be more than enough to come out on top over the other two, for this season at least.

Reactions: Dumais

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
Voted Laine although I expect all 3 to succeed this year. Read some encouraging rumors from "Barkov's summer camp" regarding Laine. He should be in much better shape than last season..

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Pulju seems like his offensive game has improved and he plays with Draisaitl or McDavid. I have faith in Kakko too and looks like Panarin will play with him but I don't believe this year will be so huge improvement. Laine has still bad linemates but at least they have new coach. All of them will have much better ppg than they did last year but I voted Pulju

Reactions: User9992

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
If Laine stays focused, he will lead by talent alone.
If Kakko doesn't put up at least 50 points this season, it will be a big disappointment.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
It’s funny now after watching the juniors when two of these guys and Aho were the top line for the Finns and they were raving about them and they had Rantanan playing mins on the fourth line. Now Rantanan is the best player out of all of them.

Backcheckmonster3

Aug 19, 2018
It’s funny now after watching the juniors when two of these guys and Aho were the top line for the Finns and they were raving about them and they had Rantanan playing mins on the fourth line. Now Rantanan is the best player out of all of them.
Rantanen-Hintz-Kapanen
Laine-Aho-Puljujärvi
was the top-6 in that order in WJC 2015-2016.

Reactions: avsfan9

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Rantanen-Hintz-Kapanen
Laine-Aho-Puljujärvi
was the top-6 in that order in WJC 2015-2016.
My memory must be bad cause I remember Rantanan playing a lot of mins with the fourth line. Now he might have been double shifting or filling in for an injured player but I remember thinking why is he playing on the fourth line.

Reactions: Backcheckmonster3

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Laine I guess, not because I believe in him very much at this point but just because he probably still puts up like 50-60 points and i'm not at all confident that the others will be able to manage that this year

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Kakko is way better than Puljujarvi, what on earth is with this meme that he’s going to breakout every year? He’s sucked his whole career and he still sucks
3 draft years before Kakko yet Kakko still has the higher career PPG by a few points lmao.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Next step? Laine has had a 40+ goal season and the year before his disaster year in Columbus he had 63 points in 68 games and 3 points in his lone Jets game of 20-21.

"Next step" in all around game, sure. If Laine puts up 70 that's about as expected. Maybe a little better depending on his supporting cast.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
My memory must be bad cause I remember Rantanan playing a lot of mins with the fourth line. Now he might have been double shifting or filling in for an injured player but I remember thinking why is he playing on the fourth line.
Don’t know how much you’ve watched Team Finland games, but if i had to guess: You’re probably thinking of World Championships 15-16.

Laine and Aho were playing big roles and Rantanen was in the stands at the start of the tournament and only played 5 games in very small role, Pulju wasn’t there tho.

Voted Kakko just because i feel like he is gonna breakout this season, Laine is gonna have semi bounce back season and Puljujärvi will be around 20-20 player for around 40 points.

Kakko 60-70 points
Laine 50-60 points
Puljujärvi 40-50 points

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Safe bet is Laine.

Poolparty has looked great in the preseason though and he'll be playing with 97.

Kakko is my favorite to watch of the 3 when he's on, but I don't think it's his year vs the others.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Kakko is way better than Puljujarvi, what on earth is with this meme that he’s going to breakout every year? He’s sucked his whole career and he still sucks
3 draft years before Kakko yet Kakko still has the higher career PPG by a few points lmao.

Watching him, he definitely doesn't look like a sucky player.

And a higher PPG by a few points? Bullshit

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
who is Rantanan? Some Bollwyood actor?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad