Thread of Seasonal Bluesy Despair

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I'll feel better once Yeo and Van Ryn is gone. Whether it is this season or next.

Last night while doing my best thinking (laying in bed, trying to sleep) I have concluded that Blues really screwed the pooch when they let Brad Shaw leave. I honestly really really miss him, Blues Defense really went to shit when he left. He was Hitch's Associate Coach and when Yeo replaced him with that title, he understandably so left.

He was the major influence in Petro's development. Parayko's rookie year is still in my opinion his best year. IDK if Brad Shaw is viewed as a career Assistant Coach. But I just want him back.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I'll feel better once Yeo and Van Ryn is gone. Whether it is this season or next.

Last night while doing my best thinking (laying in bed, trying to sleep) I have concluded that Blues really screwed the pooch when they let Brad Shaw leave. I honestly really really miss him, Blues Defense really went to **** when he left. He was Hitch's Associate Coach and when Yeo replaced him with that title, he understandably so left.

He was the major influence in Petro's development. Parayko's rookie year is still in my opinion his best year. IDK if Brad Shaw is viewed as a career Assistant Coach. But I just want him back.

Where is Brad Shaw?

Reactions: Bendak

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada

Last night while doing my best thinking (laying in bed, trying to sleep) I have concluded that Blues really screwed the pooch when they let Brad Shaw leave. I honestly really really miss him, Blues Defense really went to **** when he left. He was Hitch's Associate Coach and when Yeo replaced him with that title, he understandably so left.

The powerplay was also really nice under Shaw as well. Especially in the WCF playoff run.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Yea, Parayko has regressed significantly since Shaw left. Petro put up arguably his best season last year without him though, so /shrug.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Parayko hasn’t regressed at all. That would mean he’s worse now than as a rookie. That’s not even remotely true.

He just hasn’t improved that much. Partially not his fault as half the fan base expected him to become Pronger. Well, he’s not. But I’ll take a good #2 defenseman for a 3rd round pick.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Where is Brad Shaw?

Columbus. Their D is good. His arrival coincided with Seth Jones' first full year there and Werenski's rookie season. But I don't know how much of their development can be attributed to Shaw and how much to them being really good players. Probably a little of the former and a lot of the latter. 7th least GA/g in the NHL since his arrival, but that could also be on Bobrovsky anfd Torts as well.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
No, we need Brian Sutter to come in and put the fear and motivation back in these guys. Get his arse off of his farm and down here. He can tell them what it means to don the note.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
No, we need Brian Sutter to come in and put the fear and motivation back in these guys. Get his arse off of his farm and down here. He can tell them what it means to don the note.
My all-time favourite Blue. :).. At around 5.10 he talks about coaching. I have heard he has had some health issues lately, so he may not be well enough to coach, even if he was interested. (Which I doubt). I like his idea of coaching as mentoring. Kings fans say his brother Darryl was good at this too. It isn't necessarily about defensive or offensive systems. It is more about adjusting the system to your players, not vice versa.

Reactions: 67Blues and Bendak

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS

When Shaw left, I told everyone I could that it would be the biggest loss this team could experience. He really was the lynchpin to making alot of things work here.

Mafisen

Oct 14, 2018
I eas going to complain about Bouwmeester being absolute sh*t again after being benched v the Leafs, then I realised it isn't his fault that he gets put on the ice so often.

It's Yeo. It's all Yeo. He has the choice of limiting a clearly poor defenseman's ice time. Instead he gives him 20+ minutes. That's absolutely astounding to me.

This team won't get consistently better as long as Yeo is calling the shots.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The Blues aren't getting blown away by the opposition. Its possible that we turn things around.

O'Reilly has been great. Schenn and Perron have been very good.

No one else has excelled. I'm especially disappointed in the three rookie forwards ( is Blais still considered a rookie?). I'm confident that they will make the grade eventually, but I was hoping for more at the start of the season.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
It's Yeo. It's all Yeo. He has the choice of limiting a clearly poor defenseman's ice time. Instead he gives him 20+ minutes. That's absolutely astounding to me.

I understand that the buck stops with Yeo, but Mike Van Ryn is responsible for Defensemen's Ice time and usage. Van Ryn and JBow rehashing their days from being together in Florida. Yeo needs to put a stop to this.

Reactions: simon IC

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Army just needs to get coaching back on sound ground and everything else will figure itself out. I'm on the fence about Jake but willing to see him make a run of it provided Husso gets starts and the opportunity that, if Jake isn't holding his end up, that Husso steps in and runs with it.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I cannot believe I fell for it again this year. At least they got it over with quickly. Being dead by the end of October is impressive. I’m angry with this no good pack of losers, but I’m more angry with myself for buying into it again- and every year. f*** me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad