OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It is possible to be both. I like a good mule every now and then.
Moscow Mules are more summer time for me. They're great for chillin on a hot day.

I'm upstate NY fishing with no alcohol. I've been coming to this place since I was in highschool and could drive... It's probably been 30+ years since I've come here without even a beer.

Got off the water at around 9pm last night and man was a beer sorely missed.

The plus side is I'm down about 15 lbs in the last 2 months

Last edited:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Enjoy and let us know about the highlights.

neil is always treat ... time said 7:30 ... show didnt start until 9:05.... the tailgate across lakeshore blvd. in the TFC soccer parking lot was amazing. real lacksadaisical security...no one cared everyone was all enjoying the day... and for the best.

but inside the amphitheatre ....a tallboy can 473ml beer.... 15 bucks ..... 2oz rum and coke..... $22 !!!

i bought nothing.... but ya i had lawn 'seats' so i walked around and checked out the set from all over the venue....stood behind where the seating ends for a bit,,,awesome volume!

and ya, anyone trying to sneak a cigarette gets shut down..... weed, not at all.

it was everywhere... nobody gave a f***.

a great evening. probably the last time i'll see him and the horse play though.

but there's another show in july and now i know how to sneak in so never say never, right? ;)

edit: the setlist is already up it. Neil Young & Crazy Horse Setlist at Budweiser Stage, Toronto

opening with cortez was sooo great right as sun was behind ....perfect

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
neil is always treat ... time said 7:30 ... show didnt start until 9:05.... the tailgate across lakeshore blvd. in the TFC soccer parking lot was amazing. real lacksadaisical security...no one cared everyone was all enjoying the day... and for the best.

but inside the amphitheatre ....a tallboy can 473ml beer.... 15 bucks ..... 2oz rum and coke..... $22 !!!

i bought nothing.... but ya i had lawn 'seats' so i walked around and checked out the set from all over the venue....stood behind where the seating ends for a bit,,,awesome volume!

and ya, anyone trying to sneak a cigarette gets shut down..... weed, not at all.

it was everywhere... nobody gave a f***.

a great evening. probably the last time i'll see him and the horse play though.

but there's another show in july and now i know how to sneak in so never say never, right? ;)

edit: the setlist is already up it. Neil Young & Crazy Horse Setlist at Budweiser Stage, Toronto

opening with cortez was sooo great right as sun was behind ....perfect
Excellent set list. Really a great night and experience.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Brown trout make me so happy.

IMG_20240519_165356_1_B.jpg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Is that a function of bait or just time and location?
All of the above. Time = water temps and bug activity. End of May is just great for bugs .

Location= the upper Delaware holds big wild fish and an incredible biomass of insects.

Bait/fly to match the insects the fish are feeding on.

I think I'm going to leave here this afternoon and head to State College PA I got word the most magnificent of all mayflies are hatching now..the Green Drake ( Ephemera guttulata)

Live of a trout bum

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
All of the above. Time = water temps and bug activity. End of May is just great for bugs .

Location= the upper Delaware holds big wild fish and an incredible biomass of insects.

I think I'm going to leave here this afternoon and head to State College PA I got word the most magnificent of all mayflies are hatching now..the Green Drake ( Ephemera guttulata)

Live of a trout bum
ah yes the majestic Green Drake. Nothing quite like it when it comes to mayflies. Much more exotic than the fruit flies that hatched in my kitchen last year when we didn't notice a piece of fruit left in a bowl for two weeks.

Reactions: JimEIV

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

Live of a trout bum
you should move to colorado. my company is always hiring park rangers, fishing guides, etc. it's very ron swanson-esque

Reactions: My3Sons and JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
You are selling then short. Fish are quite expressive. Have you ever seen Hamlet done by a school of Juliard trained redfish? It’s quite moving.

Alas poor Yorick
I knew him Horatio
Feeding frenzy!!!
My deer sweet Opillo...

Wait can crabs go to Juliard? Or do the have to settle for the Berklee School?

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
real f***ing cool ... for weeks 2 robins been making nest under 5' soffit on back porch at door.

three tiny blue eggs just hatched today. so happy

and another small bird has taken to the house i built and hung on one of the two apple trees in back. ...and it it seems to be getting used to me walking by without flying off for a bit... just sticks its head out to see me and jumps to a close limb. i talk to it so it knows im around.

Screen Shot 2024-05-24 at 2.39.18 AM.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad