Thrashers, Yotes...what about the Panthers?

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Put together a top-15 (7-8 seed) team and the minor attendance problems they have will go away.

And sponsorship money comes in quick down here. As was posted already, they do pretty well there as it is.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I for one have had zero reason to care about the Panthers since 1996. THAT would be a problem with any team.

And 1996 gave them an idea what worked in that town, a team of hard-working journeymen. The people were really into them during their playoff run in 1996, remember the rats?

But yeah, if it brings Quebec a team sure why not, bring the Cats up here we'll fix them.

Dado

All we ever heard about is the Thrashers and Coyotes, but never the Florida Panthers in terms of relocation.

The Panthers are on many peoples' short list of teams to relocate/contract. I doubt they have 5 years left before the axe fall, especially if Yzerman isn't a one-year-wonder GM in Tampa.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Well, there's a track record of failure for the franchise so until the turnaround actually happens, hope is the best we got, isn't it?

You and I both know this "track record" argument is complete bull. Basing how the team will do in the future based only on their history is already silly enough, but when they have a new owner, GM and coach it's even more silly.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
However, if they keep losing and keep losing, eventually it will fall out. An organization that fails to put a quality product will inevitably go out of business.

On the ice, that will be an issue.

1) need a new #1 goalie, as I don't expect Vokoun to return. Whether it's the kid Markstrom or a stop gap, they need to get someone

2) Young D. Kulikov and Ellerby. To be joined by Gudbranson next season and maybe another prospect.

3) Forwards, can't really say that they have 1st line prospects coming through the system.

Don't imagine them being in the playoffs in the next 2 seasons, so the losing will continue for a bit longer.

The mismanagement of the team, along with the inability to develop their young talent because of the losing is killing the franchise. Had the 1st overall pick in both 2002 and 2003 and grabbed JBo and Horton. Other top picks included Frolik, Olesz, Taticek, Stewart, McArdle over the past decade. Throw in Luongo, Jokinen, Weiss. That's a lot of players who did not reach their potential under the FLA management. So, FLA management needs to take some blame too.

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
However, if they keep losing and keep losing, eventually it will fall out. An organization that fails to put a quality product will inevitably go out of business.

Yeah tell that to the Pittsburgh Pirates. 19yrs of losing baseball and still going.

If they would move the Panthers i dont think it would hurt NHL that much as they still have Tampa Bay.

I see Atlanta needs a team lol

Hamilton Tigers

Mar 20, 2010
Hamilton
Would love to know their ticket revenue numbers

PST-Full1112.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad