Thoughts on the Vegas Golden Knights?

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I’m actually surprised this thread was so negative towards their chances. All those Shipachyov threads at the start of the season had me convinced that the evil dictatorlord MCPHEE had banished the Russian Wayne Gretzky back to where he came from out of insane jealousy.

Shouldn't be surprising really.
They were negative in the same way you are being sarcastic and negative right now. I mean, if you continue to act like this and pass it off on others, Sami, you shouldn't be surprised when the world starts to reflect your attitude.

Change your attitude, change the world.

Feb 24, 2017
Shouldn't be surprising really.
They were negative in the same way you are being sarcastic and negative right now. I mean, if you continue to act like this and pass it off on others, Sami, you shouldn't be surprised when the world starts to reflect your attitude.

Change your attitude, change the world.
I feel like I just got read a gi joe psa

Reactions: ShonSaunders

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I’m actually surprised this thread was so negative towards their chances. All those Shipachyov threads at the start of the season had me convinced that the evil dictatorlord MCPHEE had banished the Russian Wayne Gretzky back to where he came from out of insane jealousy.
That's because none of them watched Shipachyov and bothered to listen to the evidence that he was a diva who couldn't be bothered to listen to the coaches because he supposedly knew better.

Feb 24, 2017
That's because none of them watched Shipachyov and bothered to listen to the evidence that he was a diva who couldn't be bothered to listen to the coaches because he supposedly knew better.
Hey. Don’t bash the Russian great one. He’s so amazing because reasons. Probably cause Russia. Or...

I’m out.

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
This entire thread should be used as evidence that no one actually expected Vegas would be good. Yet people still find a way to complain that the NHL rigged the expansion draft in their favor

Reactions: ShonSaunders

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I would have predicted dead last in the Pacific, dead last in the league, leading scorer would be Shipachyov and at the TDL they would be trading away all their UFA's for picks.

Reactions: Fixxer

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Fantastic season for them and I'm stupidly happy for MAF and Perron (former Pens).
But this looks like another PDO team that's gonna get bounced in the first round. Could even have a further regression next year if they don't land a big name.

Yea having depth is great (and they have it in spades), but at the end of the day you have to have that top tier C or Dman to go far.

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
Hey slim Charles, do their near 50 nhl victories matter? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha way to swing your joint around
I was literally commenting on their twitter director who is now fired. That had nothing to do with the team itself, as much as you want it to be. Good for the Knights! They might win a cup before the Canucks. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Last edited:

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
They'll finish in last by 15 points and will pick 4th overall. Fleury will mysteriously regress and everyone will talk about how he has the mentality of a sugar cube in water again.

Then maybe Foley can get Bettman to change this unjust, stupid lottery.

lol

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Fantastic season for them and I'm stupidly happy for MAF and Perron (former Pens).
But this looks like another PDO team that's gonna get bounced in the first round. Could even have a further regression next year if they don't land a big name.

Yea having depth is great (and they have it in spades), but at the end of the day you have to have that top tier C or Dman to go far.
Luck doesn't really explain how they are leading the division right now.

If they make the playoffs by an inch then maybe. But not this.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Why would anyone think that a guy who is willing to pay $500M for a franchise is going to let it relocate within 10 years?

Btw, they signed a 20 year lease just on the practice facility.
clueless trolls, no need to feed them.

All I read so far is "They will suck" "they will move" wow way to contribute.

This is a great team with a good future ahead unlike that other desert team.

SunDevilHockeyFan

Bertuzzi's Italian Kitchen
Feb 1, 2018
Eugene OR / Orange County CA
Would love to see them win It all just for the sole fact that It would mean they technically win cups at a higher overall percentage than the Habs.

And who doesn’t wanna see the league’s newest team clown on the Habs???

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I have no idea what to think about VGK. At start of season I’d have said they’d be at bottom of League — not dead bottom because I thought their e-draft was pretty good. Shows what I know, but at least I’m not alone.

If you’d told me they’d be at top of League I’d have told you all those years of inhaling paint have come back to haunt you.

Playoffs? I can honestly say I have no idea. I’m not yet convinced (basically because I still can’t believe what happened this season) but im not ruling them out of making some noise. I may learn slow, but I’m moderately teachable I guess.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Luck doesn't really explain how they are leading the division right now.

If they make the playoffs by an inch then maybe. But not this.

Have you seen them play lately? They went on a ridiculous run which defied all logic. This was no different than cbj hitting a 14 game winning streak last year . We all saw how that played out in the end

Vegas will sadly suffer the same fate. Regression to the mean...

SunDevilHockeyFan

Bertuzzi's Italian Kitchen
Feb 1, 2018
Eugene OR / Orange County CA
Have you seen them play lately? They went on a ridiculous run which defied all logic. This was no different than cbj hitting a 14 game winning streak last year . We all saw how that played out in the end

Vegas will sadly suffer the same fate. Regression to the mean...

I think making assumptions about a situation like this when It’s so different from anything else we’ve ever seen in professional sports that you’re just as likely to end up looking stupid with this take as you care correct

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
I thought they'd be last in the division. It's great to be proven wrong.

However, I'm still predicting them to lose in the first round and then regress next year.

I'll probably be proven wrong.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
They got a sweetheart deal. Just from the Wild they got a fast 2 way center who is coming into his own in Haula, and a former 1st rounder and top prospect in Tuch.

Waaaaay to much to give up, as would have been Brodin or Dumba.

Expansion teams shouldn't have access to top prospects or young top four defensemen.

Having to protect NMCs was the flaw. Without that, the Wild would have been fine.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I would have predicted dead last in the Pacific, dead last in the league, leading scorer would be Shipachyov and at the TDL they would be trading away all their UFA's for picks.

:laugh: I wouldn't have had them quite that bad. Definitely out of the play-offs - but not that far out. Ahead of Vancouver, Arizona and Colorado (didn't see them as good either. Who knew that all the time it was Duchene holding them back? :laugh: :sarcasm: ).

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I think making assumptions about a situation like this when It’s so different from anything else we’ve ever seen in professional sports that you’re just as likely to end up looking stupid with this take as you care correct

If you watch enough hockey you can easily determine patterns. People act surprised every year "whoa , how is this happening?" as if these don't happen every single year

Remember the Patrick Roy Avalanche ? How about the Flames a few years back ?

The underlying statistics paint a picture of this magical season crashing hard . I'll revive this thread either way in 3 weeks ready to eat crow, but good money (and predictive modeling ) says I won't need to taste it.

Feb 24, 2017
I was literally commenting on their twitter director who is now fired. That had nothing to do with the team itself, as much as you want it to be. Good for the Knights! They might win a cup before the Canucks. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
They will. You won’t find a more realistic Canucks fan than me. There is a true dark force hanging over this franchise.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
This entire thread should be used as evidence that no one actually expected Vegas would be good. Yet people still find a way to complain that the NHL rigged the expansion draft in their favor
Yeah. Most people thought they could have played the expansion draft more straightforward and come out with a much better roster. Nobody thought they would make the playoffs. Not really.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Took everyone's "trash" and is like #1 in injured man games lost all the while almost leading the league. To me this can literally only mean 1 of 3 things. Either it's all rigged, none of these teams are trying in the regular season, or coaching is far more important than most of us thought and most of the coaches are garbage. None are really good options or looks for the NHL.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Took everyone's "trash" and is like #1 in injured man games lost all the while almost leading the league. To me this can literally only mean 1 of 3 things. Either it's all rigged, none of these teams are trying in the regular season, or coaching is far more important than most of us thought and most of the coaches are garbage. None are really good options or looks for the NHL.
the other option is that parity has gone crazy huge in the NHL lately. Whoever is good or bad is just random, or based on very transient things. And imo that is also not a good thing for the league.

Reactions: Kyndig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad