Thoughts on the Vegas Golden Knights?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm looking forward to seeing the brown jerseys. It's basically the New Orleans Saints colors, but under the bright lights, I think they might look really cool.

Brown?

cut.jpg

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Yeah I guess it is more gold than brown. Maybe I'm going color blind.

It's not unheard of for people with slight colorblindness to not know it for most of their life. They just get into arguments like this because their perception of different shades are off and the chock it up to different things.

Not saying you are... but it's possible you are.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I have read that people think that Colorado is the worst team in the league but when you compare rosters its not close. Vegas is gonna be real bad, which I think is the way you want to go about it to build a winner however I do agree with the OP they really blew the expansion draft. Mcphee seemingly gave favorable deals to the old boys club and with the new GM's he was much harder to deal with. Which to me really hurt the overall market value of all the assets because of the lack of consistency.

GMGM decided to build for the future instead of taking players that are slightly better right now. He did the only smart thing. Vatanen, Manson or some of the Minnesota defensemen for example would never have been available if they didnt have a deal in place. Anaheim would have bought out Bieksa and traded Vats, Minnesota would have traded some defensemen and made it work out. He got alot of picks and a guy like Shea Theodore. He was smart, trying to be decent now would just hurt him in the future. What do you really think he should have done differently?

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Just wanted to slide on here months after and say you all look INCREDIBLY stupid now. :)

Says the person who’s been a member since today...

Hindsight is 20/20 bruh remember that. But I’m sure you saw all this coming

VGK have been an amazing story though, no doubt. I love watching them. Can’t wait to see them in the playoffs it’ll be crazy.
But damn, seeing all the people predicting 45-55 points...
Nobody expected this but I would’ve predicted 60-65ish points. Something somewhat “respectable”.
But holy ****....

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Looking back at my posts at least i saw a lot of positives with the team especially up front, if i knew Karlsson was going to score 40 goals that would've definitely made things different in terms of the playoff picture.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Wolf Larsen

Jan 10, 2017
Beginning of the season hot take:

Lousy team
Good twitter

End of the season:

Good team
Lousy twitter

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
What do I think about the Vegas Golden Knights? That I want to go there to watch a hockey game and bet on it too.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Still i feel they are all playing above their normal skill set regardless of where they are in the standings.

allevat

Jan 11, 2018
What's more interesting is who got it at least partially right. Goldeneye pointed out that they had good balance through their lines and would have hungry players:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/thoughts-on-the-vegas-golden-knights.2386947/#post-135713625

MimimaMoralia said they could become something depending on the unknowns breaking out:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/thoughts-on-the-vegas-golden-knights.2386947/#post-135722865

and there were a few other people who were more thoughtful than the Mcphee-sucks one-liner people. No one predicted where they would end up (except the, depending on whether they were being sarcastic), but some people were less wrong than others.

Reactions: BattleBorn

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
One person in this entire thread got it right. Props to this guy:

What a fantastic story it's been for hockey and Vegas fans. Best of luck!

Thanks but honestly I never expected them to perform this well. At the time, I believed they could make the playoffs as a bubble team. I expected them to exceed expectations but never top 5 in the league.

Great season by the Golden Knights, hopefully they can go far in the playoffs.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Where? That's gold.

There's no blue at all in a RGB for gold but they have around 100 in their official logo and on their jersey which is actually quite a lot, it makes it closer to a dark khaki.

Golden Knights aren't so golden after all! Penguins and Predators are even closer to the color gold but the closest jersey I know of that is almost identical to gold is the Steelers. Just sayin'!

Feb 24, 2017
I’m actually surprised this thread was so negative towards their chances. All those Shipachyov threads at the start of the season had me convinced that the evil dictatorlord MCPHEE had banished the Russian Wayne Gretzky back to where he came from out of insane jealousy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad