Thoughts on the newish Toyota 4Runner?

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Is there a chance that the package your parents picked limited the options to such an extent that the customization of it was pretty limited? I don't know, just trying to find a best case other than a straight up misunderstanding.
EXTERIOR
• 17” Alloy Wheel – Gun Metal
• 17” Alloy Wheel – Satin Black
• 17” Alloy Wheel – Silver
• Battery Trickle Charger
• Blackout Badges
• Body Side Mouldings
• Door Cup Protection Film – Set of Four
• Door Edge Film
• Exhaust Tip – Black Chrome
• Hood Deflector
• LED Fog Light Kit – Black or Chrome
• Premium Plug-in Block Heater
• Pro Series Paint Protection Film
• Roof Rack – Cross Bars
• Running Boards
• Side Window Deflectors
• Towing Hitch (2” Receiver), Ball Platform
& Wire Harness
• Towing Hitch Ball
INTERIOR
• Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
with HomeLink®
• Cargo Cover
• Cargo Liner
• Cargo Net
• Centre Console Tray
• Door Sill Protectors (Front & Rear)
• HomeLink®
Mirror
• START+ Long Range Remote
Engine Starter
• Toyota Genuine Dash Camera
• Universal Tablet Holder
COMFORT+ PACKAGES
• COMFORT+:
Includes: Programmable Block Heater with Battery Trickle Charger
• COMFORT+ Complete:
Includes: Programmable Cabin Warmer and Block Heater with Battery Trickle Charger

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
EXTERIOR
• 17” Alloy Wheel – Gun Metal
• 17” Alloy Wheel – Satin Black
• 17” Alloy Wheel – Silver
• Battery Trickle Charger
• Blackout Badges
• Body Side Mouldings
• Door Cup Protection Film – Set of Four
• Door Edge Film
• Exhaust Tip – Black Chrome
• Hood Deflector
• LED Fog Light Kit – Black or Chrome
• Premium Plug-in Block Heater
• Pro Series Paint Protection Film
• Roof Rack – Cross Bars
• Running Boards
• Side Window Deflectors
• Towing Hitch (2” Receiver), Ball Platform
& Wire Harness
• Towing Hitch Ball
INTERIOR
• Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
with HomeLink®
• Cargo Cover
• Cargo Liner
• Cargo Net
• Centre Console Tray
• Door Sill Protectors (Front & Rear)
• HomeLink®
Mirror
• START+ Long Range Remote
Engine Starter
• Toyota Genuine Dash Camera
• Universal Tablet Holder
COMFORT+ PACKAGES
• COMFORT+:
Includes: Programmable Block Heater with Battery Trickle Charger
• COMFORT+ Complete:
Includes: Programmable Cabin Warmer and Block Heater with Battery Trickle Charger

Damn. That sucker is loaded. You Canadians got it made with the features.

STILL, there have gotta be options even with the highest trim. Typically the highest trim "unlocks" a handful of premium features and packages. I'm thinking things like 2nd row heated/cooled seats, active headlamps, fancy shit like that.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Damn. That sucker is loaded. You Canadians got it made with the features.

STILL, there have gotta be options even with the highest trim. Typically the highest trim "unlocks" a handful of premium features and packages. I'm thinking things like 2nd row heated/cooled seats, active headlamps, fancy shit like that.
Well those are just the options left to choose from. He won't be getting them all thats for sure. And I'm pretty sure the Limited model comes with 2nd row heated/cooled seats

And im glad we had that conversation yesterday. He called and put the order on hold until he figures out what he wants to add

I have the pdf. file of all the specs if you're interested. Pm your email

Reactions: Winger98

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
A lot of appearance add-ons are done at the regional port or the dealer, so they may not be BS'ing you. Where is the Rav4 assembled, is it in Japan like 4Runner?

When I ordered my 2022 4Runner, it came from Japan with regular steel wheels, no roof rack, no running boards and they do all the trim appearance options either at the port or at the regional site. I put my deposit down on September 9, 2021 and drove it off the lot February 8, 2022 so just about 5 months to the day.

On the 4Runner, you need to get the the "premium" trim level to get leather and sunroof. For example, the Sr5 and Sr5 Premium are the exact same car, but the premium has a sunroof and leather. Same with the TRD Off Road and TRD Off Road Premium. The only one that comes fully loaded is the Pro.

I got the TRD Off Road Premium in Lunar Rock. Got it mostly stock but added on running boards, roof rack, door edge guards, all weather floor mats. Found a local dealer that does not mark up vehicles so I got it at MSRP which is rare these days. I just plugged it in to KBB and got an offer of $5K more than I paid.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
We ordered a Rav4 last year and wanted the black rims. We were told we had to order them separately and that we would have those rims as well as the stock rims that it came with.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
We ordered a Rav4 last year and wanted the black rims. We were told we had to order them separately and that we would have those rims as well as the stock rims that it came with.
We essentially got told the same thing. So I think we'll wait till next winter and buy after market and swap the all seasons onto the new ones. Winter tires go on the factory rims

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Just started a transfer of a 2010 from Carmax to check out

Almost certainly will buy it assuming it doesn't suck. Getting a 30k mile 4runner (even though it's 12 years old) seems like a no brainer. It's 31k which is a ton, but in this market is worth it for what it is. Especially here in CO where they're so popular.

Hopefully it's all good and can show up in a reasonable timeframe.

Reactions: HansonBro

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Just started a transfer of a 2010 from Carmax to check out

Almost certainly will buy it assuming it doesn't suck. Getting a 30k mile 4runner (even though it's 12 years old) seems like a no brainer. It's 31k which is a ton, but in this market is worth it for what it is. Especially here in CO where they're so popular.

Hopefully it's all good and can show up in a reasonable timeframe.
Nice find! Enjoy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad