Thoughts now that we are 33% of the way through the season

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
What do you guys think the likelihood is of Wings selling off is?

Can a guy like Nyquist play LW?

Q's decent rosters in St Louis were never a match for the dynasty teams that he had to face yearly

90's/early 00 Wings + Stars + Avs had far more talent then Blues especially in net

Avs were on decline when Q took over and he still coached them to respectable performance

43-30-9 for 95 pts (4-5 in playoffs)
44-31-7 for 95 pts missed playoffs
44-31-7 for 95 pts (4-6 in playoffs)

His #1 goalies in Colorado

David Aebischer , Peter Budaj and Jose Theodore.... Your not winning a cup with any of those 3 as your #1

League MVP Jose Theodore?

njx9

Feb 1, 2016

Near zero. I expect we'll be deadline buyers (if we can clear any cap space to bring someone in), or we'll sit on our hands (if we can't). I don't think there's any chance that KH & Co. essentially give up on the season, no matter where we are in the standings.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Can a guy like Nyquist play LW?

I think Nyquist can play LW, but he has mostly been RW throughout his career.

Tomas Vanek is the hottest piece Wings has to sell at trade deadline.

Low caphit for superb depth production and only 1-year contract. Which doesn't kill contenders typical long-term cap-problems.

Vanek could be probably the hottest piece there will be from whole league. Radim Vrbata could be another. Depth scorer with low caphit.

Brendan Smith is also for sale. That's about it.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Going to go against the grain and post some positives.

1) as bad as wings are ottawa and boston arent much better and will slide in standings
2) holland was prepared for wave of injuries by having four lines worh of top 9 players even tho wings dont have a true top line

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Going to go against the grain and post some positives.

1) as bad as wings are ottawa and boston arent much better and will slide in standings
2) holland was prepared for wave of injuries by having four lines worh of top 9 players even tho wings dont have a true top line

Bostons probably gonna make the playoffs. Clearly playing better then us. Not Ottawa though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad