Thou shalt pick'em darkest ones amongst dem!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Worst case with Scuds, I think Johnston will sit Scuds if he performs the way he did last year. That's something DB never did. I'd like to think Johnston will not favor individuals and will sit them no matter who they are. That will cure a lot of the same issues we've seen under DB.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
I think Dumoulin is really going to make an impact. I don't know where he will fit, but I think he will be in there somehow

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I could see a guy like Domoulin or Harrington forcing JR to deal Scuds sooner rather than later. Especially with the way MJ wants to play.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Adams.

Lolz jk. Spaling.

Adams has been the quintessential underdog his entire career. Through hard work, leadership, and an unwavering commitment to sacrifice himself for the good of the team, his career is a testament to the idea that hard work trumps talent every time.

- DearCraigAdams

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Ehrhoff, Bennett, Spaling, Downie, Sutter, and Scuderi. Sometimes Letang, but thats only the occasional person so I am not sure if that counts.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Adams has been the quintessential underdog his entire career. Through hard work, leadership, and an unwavering commitment to sacrifice himself for the good of the team, his career is a testament to the idea that hard work trumps talent every time.

- DearCraigAdams

:sarcasm:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Spaling. He can play anywhere in a lineup and not look out of place. It sounds like that will be with Malkin to start the year. Hell of a scenario for him.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
I have this feeling Despres is going to wow people and make the Pens organization regret not playing him last year. I would love to see this happen. Simon has the attitude, grit, and skill to help us be an overall better team.

Uemoda

Formerly OminousGrey
Jun 28, 2011
Pennsylvania
www.twitter.com
Downie for the regulars. I think he'll fit in fantastically. If he can stay healthy, that is.

For a real longshot - Kuhnhackl lights up the A. (Yes, I'm still on his bandwagon. :laugh:)

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I have this feeling Despres is going to wow people and make the Pens organization regret not playing him last year. I would love to see this happen. Simon has the attitude, grit, and skill to help us be an overall better team.

I think MJ's gonna start out with Despres/Bort as a 3rd pair but when Maata comes back, things get interesting.

Despres can thrive in a system like MJ's. If he looks very impressive, i could see him moving up to the top 4 cuz he's just a much more matured pro than Maata is at this point.

Martin-Erhoff
Depres-Letang
Maata-Bort

or

Martin-Letang
Despres-Erhoff
Maata-Bort

So Despres would certainly be on my list. He could very well establish himself as a top 4 D-Men.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
I think MJ's gonna start out with Despres/Bort as a 3rd pair but when Maata comes back, things get interesting.

Despres can thrive in a system like MJ's. If he looks very impressive, i could see him moving up to the top 4 cuz he's just a much more matured pro than Maata is at this point.

Martin-Erhoff
Depres-Letang
Maata-Bort

or

Martin-Letang
Despres-Erhoff
Maata-Bort

So Despres would certainly be on my list. He could very well establish himself as a top 4 D-Men.

Where's Scuderi?!?!

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I have to agree with Kirk & Agent00, i'm fed up with Scuderi, i know he was injured but if he can't come back to what he was, then... Alas, so mote it be & go ******* yerself elsewhere!

This said i think he'll do better.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Downie pots 22 goals this year

I liked Downie when he was with the Bolts, loved his game, hoping Tocchet can bring that same game out of him with the Penguins and hopefully he stays on for a few years after that and continues to be that good because not only would that be awesome to have THAT Downie, it'd also make Flyers fans mad and that's great.

Also...

I'd love to see this team have at least eight (nine if Kap makes it) 20+ goal scorers (Hornqvist, Sutter, Crosby, Malkin, Bennett, Dupuis, Downie, and Kunitz).

I want this team to just blitz the league, I want goaltenders to cry when they see the Pens are in town.

ObsessedCreative*

I liked Downie when he was with the Bolts, loved his game, hoping Tocchet can bring that same game out of him with the Penguins and hopefully he stays on for a few years after that and continues to be that good because not only would that be awesome to have THAT Downie, it'd also make Flyers fans mad and that's great.

Also...

I'd love to see this team have at least eight (nine if Kap makes it) 20+ goal scorers (Hornqvist, Sutter, Crosby, Malkin, Bennett, Dupuis, Downie, and Kunitz).

I want this team to just blitz the league, I want goaltenders to cry when they see the Pens are in town.

I agree with all of this. It's just so, so, so sad we had to waste so many years of Bylsma "hockey" there is no reason this team shouldn't have 1 or 2 typical 3rd line guys potting 20.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Bold predictions..

Scuderi goes on to have a solid season

Dupuis scores 25 goals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad