OT: Thornton gets Baba Booey'd

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
That's awesome. Didn't even know. Music as in Radiohead? I love me some sad tunes. Followed by dubstep. Then hardcore rap. Then 60s music. Then some more depressing music. My playlist shuffle is fun.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
isn't that what this thread is??

Yeah, but KM just wanted some attention. He's our Benjy :laugh:

That's awesome. Didn't even know. Music as in Radiohead? I love me some sad tunes. Followed by dubstep. Then hardcore rap. Then 60s music. Then some more depressing music. My playlist shuffle is fun.

You're no emo! Radiohead is too mainstream. FAKE!!! :D

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Me either... must be a fan yelling something stupid on national TV and Joe acknowledging that?

Amazing as cameras tend to bring out the worst in some people's IQs sometimes.

Jumbo got the reference and seemed to enjoy it. It's not like he yelled an obscenity out. I guess people shouldn't wave to the cameras and yell out "hi mom!"

I say relax and let people have their fun. No one is getting hurt.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
You're no emo! Radiohead is too mainstream. FAKE!!! :D

Now let's not go inter tangling emo and hipsters, you see the emo's matured and realized that Dashboard Confessional sucks....because you see Elliot Smith came first and he really knew how to express his feelings.

"ambition makes you look pretty ugly" how the **** is that emo??
you know Karma Police is a direct ripoff of an old Hollies song??

seriously though Radiohead has taken music to places it's never been, they put a guitar over an electronic beat....do you understand the significance of that????

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Now let's not go inter tangling emo and hipsters, you see the emo's matured and realized that Dashboard Confessional sucks....because you see Elliot Smith came first and he really knows how to express his feelings.

"ambition makes you look pretty ugly" how the **** is that emo??
you know Karma Police is a direct ripoff of an old Hollies song??

seriously though Radiohead has taken music to places it's never been, they put a guitar over an electronic beat....do you understand the significance of that????

Wow...I...wow...

Well played :laugh:

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Do you know that Radiohead's rap song "A Wolf at the Door" is a rip-off of "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" by the Beatles?

*Creep.

oh yes my apologies govn'a; may I polish your black rim glasses?? refill your quinoa salad?? trim your moustache???

Listened to that track, they only semi ripped off the chord progression ...that is done all the time. They blatantly ripped off the Hollies with Creep, I was super depressed when I learned that and just played Alien Lanes all night :p

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
They were sued for plagiarism, so it's all good. Hammond and Hazlewood were added as co-writers/composers for the track. Funny that the only good song from the album was plagiarized. Lol.

Karma Police = Sexy Sadie

Last edited:

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
way to hijack this thread.

MV5BMTQ5NzU2NDQ3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc2MTcxOA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
That's what I do. That's how I stayed awake in classes in college - make the professors go way off-topic for a few minutes each time.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I just heard Shuli interview Jumbo on XM100. SOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!

A 15 year listener! Awesome! Even gave a "Shalom *****" for Shuli :laugh:

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Joe's 'Shalom, *****' had me laughing. It's just so Joe. :laugh:

Yeah, he was so into it :laugh:

For those that don't know, "Shalom, *****" is Shuli's call sign at the end of his news reports. He usually irritates me, but he gets a pass this time because he said nothing but nice things about Jumbo. Jumbo sounded so stoked and it put such a big grin on my face to hear him sound like a kid on Christmas.

He said he was waiting 15 years to get Baba Booey'd. I want to give that fan a handshake for making Jumbo's wish come true :nod:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Ha, that's such a great detour from the normal athlete star decorum there. Joe just ate it up. You wonder if that's the snarky voice he uses to piss Toews off. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad