OT: Thornton gets Baba Booey'd

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Right but how did it apply in the context?

3. baba booey

This is the nick name given to Howard Stern's show long time producer, Gary Dell'Abate, by Howard Stern.

Howard gave him the name when he mispronounced "Baba Louie" an animation that Gary was was collecting. Howard goofed on him all day as usual and they thought it was going to end there. It never did.

It now is a popular term that Howard Stern Show super fans use as a greeting or a sign referring to the show and its antics.
It is constantly used when people prank radio or tv stations on the air or on set and yell baba booey.

RexFeral

Registered Boozer
Aug 10, 2011
Right but how did it apply in the context?

Some guy in the stands is yelling baba booey and Joe acknowledges him.

The one I remember most was right after the Steve Bartman(or whatever that ChiCubs fan was who interfered with Moises Alou) game. ESPN was doing a phone interview with "Steve Bartman" asking him stupid questions like "How did it feel?" "What did they throw at you?" and then all the sudden the guy(not actually Bartman) starts shouting "BABA BOOEY BABA BOOEY HOWARD STERN'S PENIS BABA BOOEY" on national television. I giggled.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Some guy in the stands is yelling baba booey and Joe acknowledges him.

The one I remember most was right after the Steve Bartman(or whatever that ChiCubs fan was who interfered with Moises Alou) game. ESPN was doing a phone interview with "Steve Bartman" asking him stupid questions like "How did it feel?" "What did they throw at you?" and then all the sudden the guy(not actually Bartman) starts shouting "BABA BOOEY BABA BOOEY HOWARD STERN'S PENIS BABA BOOEY" on national television. I giggled.
I remember that. Dan Patrick was shocked. :laugh:

Last edited:

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
i sent the clip to JD @ the stern show. Hopefully it gets played. I'll post if I hear it.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Thornton's brother posted it on twitter as well. I gave a retweet to @sternshow and @howardstern. Hopefully a more fans are doing the same. I would love to hear it next week.

good stuff!

bye for now *honk honk* :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad